Sponsored by:

unlocking doors with remote.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 05:16 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default unlocking doors with remote.

Im confused about this "feature". I click unlock and drivers side unlocks, but now if I wait to click unlock again(not very long, maybe 10 seconds) and click again, instead of the passengers door unlocking, nothing happens and I have to click it again to unlock the passenger door.

is this right? kinda stupid... its not like the drivers door relocked, that stayed open....

I donno, its just about my only unexplained useless feature on the car.
Old 12-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. Same thing happens to me. I've had it happen in even less than 10 seconds. I think it's stupid, but I'm used to it now
Old 12-22-2002, 07:04 PM
Old Skooler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I want to unluck the passenger side as well, I just double or triple-click it real fast. It usually unlocks no problem.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:12 PM
Jill

Originally posted by Old Skooler
If I want to unluck the passenger side as well, I just double or triple-click it real fast. It usually unlocks no problem.
yea, but for example. Today, I went out to my car, and I unlocked it, then realized I needed something out of the passenger side instead, so I clicked it again and it didn't unlock because I waited 5 seconds, so I clicked it again and again, and it finally unlocked. Like I said, I'm used to it by now.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:54 PM
Danimsta

same thing with all nissans,like my maxima
and if u keep pressing the unlock button TO much, or hold it down, the front(on 4 door cars) windows go down
Old 12-22-2002, 08:27 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup exactly Z girl. or Ill have a friend coming, and Ill forget to unlock it. and then I have to click it twice... ect.

I also havent mastered the unlocking of the doors from the inside. I never know when its locked or not. or which way is unlock. and passengers always try to open it too soon. Donno why they have such issues with waiting. they just want to get in it so badly I guess. I cant blame them.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:51 PM
SirZaLot

You will need to press the unlock twice one after another to unlock both doors. If you wait, it will not work, you will have to press twice again just to unlock the passenger side door. I thought all the factory car remote is like that??
Old 12-23-2002, 01:33 AM
Jill

Originally posted by KaiKai
You will need to press the unlock twice one after another to unlock both doors. If you wait, it will not work, you will have to press twice again just to unlock the passenger side door. I thought all the factory car remote is like that??
LOL...We know, that's the point we were getting across.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:10 AM
BigBadBuford

Originally posted by ares
yup exactly Z girl. or Ill have a friend coming, and Ill forget to unlock it. and then I have to click it twice... ect.

I also havent mastered the unlocking of the doors from the inside. I never know when its locked or not. or which way is unlock. and passengers always try to open it too soon. Donno why they have such issues with waiting. they just want to get in it so badly I guess. I cant blame them.
I have the same problem, it is a pain trying to unlock the doors from the inside. I usually end up hitting the window lock button first, then I always hit the lock button the wrong way. The other day I was unlocking the door for my friend and whenever I'd hit the button twice to unlock the door, she would pull the handle so it wouldn't unlock. After this happened 3 or 4 times I decided to unlock it from the inside, but I couldn't figure out if it was opened or not.. it took me over a minute just to open the door for her. I probably sound like a moron now, but it does get confusing sometimes.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:39 AM
Old Skooler

No problem with the interior lock, it's right there, and I just made myself remember which way to push the switch.

Concentrate, Daniel-san!
Old 12-23-2002, 04:59 AM
Flyingscot

I've noticed this issue too. It's a little annoying but for some reason Nissan must like it that way as my 96 Maxima has the same problem.

I just click away until I can get in. At least the Z hasn't displayed the same problem my Maxima had for a while. When you unlocked the passenger doors, it relocked all the doors. This might go on for 2 or 3 attempts. I thought the damn car had a Herbie complex or something.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:16 AM
danzz

The manual states on page 3-6:
2. Push the UNLOCK button on the keyfob again within 5 seconds.
* Passenger's door unlocks.

And don't let this feature surprise you!
All doors will be locked automatically unless one of the following
operations is performed within 1 minute of pressing the UNLOCK button on the keyfob.
* any door or rear hatch is opened
* the ignition switch is turned to the ON position