Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Filed Lemon last week

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 03:56 PM
CM350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Filed Lemon last week

Finally, I can't stand with those issues any more. the tranny on my Z is the 3rd tranny. Replace twice of the head unit. Clicking sound all over the car and not to mention the tire issues they never fixed for my 03's Z.

Found Krohn & Moss, Ltd who specialize for lemon law to fight this case for me. After they saw all my repair record. They told me I have a strong case. They also told me that A consumer shouldn't pay ANY fees when Lemon Law and/or warranty claims are pursued. Consumer's rights are protected by requiring the manufacturer/warrantor to pay all fees for a successful case. Therefore if they think my case is not a strong case, they will not even accept my request.

My buddy keep telling me to get the IS350, but I still love the Z and afriad if I get another Z, I will end up with same issues.

Any suggestion?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get an 06.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get an '06 Z if you still want a Z. I haven't had any issues with my '05 and it has almost 10k miles on it already in four months. And thats four months of driving her hard, especially the last couple of weeks (two auto-x's).
Old 10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by CM350Z
Finally, I can't stand with those issues any more. the tranny on my Z is the 3rd tranny. Replace twice of the head unit. Clicking sound all over the car and not to mention the tire issues they never fixed for my 03's Z.

Found Krohn & Moss, Ltd who specialize for lemon law to fight this case for me. After they saw all my repair record. They told me I have a strong case. They also told me that A consumer shouldn't pay ANY fees when Lemon Law and/or warranty claims are pursued. Consumer's rights are protected by requiring the manufacturer/warrantor to pay all fees for a successful case. Therefore if they think my case is not a strong case, they will not even accept my request.

My buddy keep telling me to get the IS350, but I still love the Z and afriad if I get another Z, I will end up with same issues.

Any suggestion?

glad to hear that your buying another Z..... my 03 m/t (bought new 3/03) never had any tranny issues, it still shifts like a knife through butter. You can easily pay twice as much for another car with the same performance, but there is no guarantee that it will be trouble free. i would stay away from a Lexus....IMO i think they are the most overated cars in the world..why......cuz i used to own one....a 92 Lexus 400, A/C never worked right, bad brakes and needed a new ECU at 64k miles. junk all right.

IMO the issues with 03/04 Z tire featherng problems were no issues at all.The dealer realigned the front end and replaced the tires during the first year and now there is no feathering problems. The Z's original alignment from the factory was actually the correct alignment...the problems were the damn Bridgestone tires.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:41 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got an 04...working decently well
Old 10-18-2005, 01:08 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Best of luck with the suit. BTW did you give Found Krohn & Moss, Ltd any money?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:41 PM
jwmkm

Default IMO the issues with 03/04 Z tire featherng problems were no issues at all

If the tires were the problem Nissan would not have extended the alignement warranty on 2003-2004 to 36 months unlimited mileage!!!

Bridgestone had to redesign the tires to "compensate for Nissan's problem.

The same RE040 tires,with the original design, performed flawlessly, and still do, on numerous other manufacturers cars as OEM issue.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:22 PM
CM350Z

Sorry to get back so late. I went to Longo Lexus to check out the IS350 today. It's a nice car, but I'm a stick shift guy, driving that 6 speed automatic tranny just feel loose something. Thanks for everyone's advice. I think I still will get a Z, but this time without NAV.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:19 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by CM350Z
Sorry to get back so late. I went to Longo Lexus to check out the IS350 today. It's a nice car, but I'm a stick shift guy, driving that 6 speed automatic tranny just feel loose something. Thanks for everyone's advice. I think I still will get a Z, but this time without NAV.
Why aren't you getting the NAV? are you not satisfied with the OEM one? My neighbor has the '06 NAV and its a whole different world compared to the old NAV. Check it out, you might be suprised. I just dont believe in downgrading...
Old 10-30-2005, 05:46 AM
jrofman

I am currently persuing a case with Krohn and Moss. They told me contingency only, but they sent me the other day a recommendation to get my car inspected by an independent mechanic, they recommended someone for 150 dollars. First off, this is supposed to be at cost to them if they think I have a case, but most of my stuff with the exception of two problems have been fixed and I have all the service records to date. Plus I just spend over 400 dollars on my 30k service. I just don't want to lay out any more money for this car. Any opinions?
Old 10-30-2005, 02:08 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jrofman
I am currently persuing a case with Krohn and Moss. They told me contingency only, but they sent me the other day a recommendation to get my car inspected by an independent mechanic, they recommended someone for 150 dollars. First off, this is supposed to be at cost to them if they think I have a case, but most of my stuff with the exception of two problems have been fixed and I have all the service records to date. Plus I just spend over 400 dollars on my 30k service. I just don't want to lay out any more money for this car. Any opinions?
There no way that anyone “saves” money by buying a new car. Even if you pay out-of-pocket for a transmission or other major repairs, you cant save money with a new car.

Krohn and Moss are asking that the car be inspected? You have all the paperwork showing previous repairs. Krohn and Moss sound like shady characters to me.