Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The Z at the Washington D.C. Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 04:29 PM
cotmfk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The Z at the Washington D.C. Auto Show

Well, I went on Thursday and Friday to the Washington DC auto show. Both days, there were only three cars that had big crowds around them; The new Z, the G35Coupe, and another Z! I found that very interesting and funny. Out of all the cars at the show, these were the ones with the crowds. Maybe part of it was that they don't let you into the Porsche 911 Turbo, or maybe it's that the Z is a great car ina price range a lot of people can or hope to be able to afford!

Moving on, however, it was the first time I actually got to get in and play with a Z. Let me say that I was very impressed! The BOSE Stereo sounded really good to me (although I must admit I am not a trained audiophile... and that Nissan probably would not bring a car that has issues with it's upgraded stereo). THe Trans shifted really nicely! The clutch pedal was light (Lighter than any of my cars). I liked the fact that there was a positive sensation upon engagement of the gears. My VR-4 has the same thing, and it's something I've grown to like. The car fit me very well when I adjusted the seat to my liking, etc.

The Nav system was a little bit complicated, but I'm sure I could figure it out upon playing with it for a little bit.

The little rear spoiler is really huge in the amount of difference it makes in the look of the car, to me at least! There was a red one which was a bit lacking in the rear which did not have the spoiler, and the silver one with the spoiler that looked great from the back!

Also, because there was such a crowd, my girlfriend did not want to get in the car! She was embarrased by all of the attention it was getting! lol

Sorry for the long post! I was just excited about the car... I could drone on for a long time more about it!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 04:51 PM
BrianZ

The quality of both the Nissan & Infiniti vehicles at the 2002 L.A. show is what led me to buy a whole bunch of Nissan stock (NSANY).
Old 12-28-2002, 04:57 PM
cotmfk

Supposedly Nissan stock has been rising very quickly recently! So, good luck to you, as well as the rest of the Nissan investors... It would be nice to see NIssan do well. I have liked a lot of their cars over time.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:17 AM
montemac

I too was at the DC auto show on Sunday. I was amazed at the attention the 2 Zs were getting. I've had my touring model for about a month now and I love it even more.

It was great to sit in the so called "comparable" sports cars at the auto show knowing that I had the real deal at home in the garage!

These other cars were usually over-priced and didn't have nearly the horsepower that the Z does.

IMO, Nissan made one hell of a car!
Old 12-31-2002, 04:09 AM
cotmfk

Thumbs up

Yeah, it seems as if Nissan has done so! With a few other Japanese sports cars rumoured to be coming out in the next few years, it's almost like the early 90s again! I've noticed that NIssan has adjusted to the entry of other market competitors in other classes. For example, the Altima now sports 245 hp, instead of the original 240 so that it still has the class leading hp ranking over Honda's Accord. It will be interesting to see what they do if/when these other sports cars come out!