Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2005 SEMA SHOW: Greetings from Las Vegas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 SEMA SHOW: Greetings from Las Vegas!

Hello all from beautiful Las Vegas Nevada...

Its that time of year... When all the parts manufacturers and new product developers go and display their works in the largest convention to hit Las Vegas every year...

The streets are flooded with people from the auto industry, even after hours people are walking around with their Exhibitor, Buyer, etc badges...

For those who do not know what SEMA is. You can read more at http://www.semashow.com

At SEMA you can see everything from Keychains, Shammies, Suspension, Engine, Casting Factories, Forging Factories, All of your favorite parts manufacturers for the parts on your car, Car Companies, Tool Manufacturers, anything you can possibly think of that is related to an automobile part... you see it at SEMA hands on!

Today (Tuesday) was the first day. The SEMA Convention takes up the whole Las Vegas convention center as well as the Sands hall...

All of the Wheel and Tire manufactuerers where showing off their latest product... There is a Wheel & Tire hall, with even more scattered around the rest of the show...

All of the Aftermarket Performance Parts manufactueres.... TANABE, TEIN, JIC, GREDDY, APS, ATI, VORTEC, TURBONETICS, EIBACH, H&R, STOP TECH, BREMBO, CUSCO, INJEN, AEM/DC, BORLA, POWER ENTERPRISE, NISMO, HOTCHKIS, PROJECT MU, ROTORA, enough to fill a couple of foot ball stadiums... they are all under one roof... Catalogs to be gotten, Photos to be taken... Cars to drool over...

For this forum I will stick to the 350Z / G35 products I saw... Described below will be a few of the items that stuck out that are NEW for the 350Z and are definatly to look out for!

TANABE: Front Upper Control arms from Tanabe are on their way! They look SOLID... A nice Beefy piece with spherical ball joint... Looks to have alot of adjustability... Adjustment is made with one single bolt with lock nut...

TANABE: Rear Camber and Toe arms... Another option for alignment from Tanabe... Top Quality as to be expected from Tanabe!

TEIN: type MONO FLEX, This suspension set up will be for people who want the adjustability of the FLEX, with the best of Street performance that can be tracked as well... This will be compatible with EDFC just like the original FLEX...

TEIN: Sport Comfort coil over set up will be out soon as well...

JIC: Spartin Titanium Dual Exit Single Canister Exhaust... Thing looks Great in person... Great welds as expected from JIC BULLET Exhausts.. The mid pipe enter the single dual exit muffler from the Middle which looks to produce even flow to both sides of the exhaust...

PRO DESIGN: This company has some cool custom parts for the Z33... Add On Center Hood Scoop, Rear Brake Duct & Rear Window behind B Pillar Duct (I didnt check to see if they are functional but im sure it can be an option...)

PRO DESIGN also custom fitted headlight replacements that use a PIAA combination set for Low Beam, High Beam, and Turn Signal. Its very original and can be very cool!

PRO DESIGN also has a new Grille that fully replaces the factory Black Bars with a High Tech (silver finish from factory) grille with 2 fog lights that mount to a bracket on the front bumper absorber... So they are very secure...

PRO DESIGN also has................ A Center Exit Dual Exhaust! There is also an optional Center Exhaust Exit Rear Diffuser that comes in Carbon Fiber so no paint required! It looks hot! Especially for those who like the Z33 proto look... I did not get to see what the exhaust routing was so I can only speak for the tips and rear bumper appearance...

LED TAIL LIGHTS GALORE: I do not know the company's name... But they have new LED Tail Lights... They are avaialble in both Black housing and Chrome housing... The LED's are aranged to form a Z when you look at the Right Rear tail light... The Left Rear is a mirror image of the Right... They also have Chrome reverse light assemblies that do not look to obnoxious...

For now, those are the few things I can think of...

I have over 200 photos I need to upload when I get back to the office... I will be back on Thursday and will post them in this thread...

Nothing new from Volk that hasnt already been seen on this message board...

The new thing this year is 30" Rims!

They are doing conversions to put them on Caprice Classic's so I see no reason why they wont fit on the 350Z KIDDING!

This wasnt the only car like this...

My complete library will be up on Thursday! As well as a full show write up! Look Out!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:08 PM
usmanasif

That right there, is the hotness...

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to other pics.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by mc350z
sound cool jason

im gonna sticky this for a few days. hopefulyl you can get us some good info and pics!

whats coming down the NISMO pipeline at the show?

a lip for the 06?
I spoke a good amount of time with the NISMO Guys about some problems we are having with parts (for other cars not the Z) and expressing my anger about the 06 Tail Lights being cracked...

Our web site is as up to date as it gets with the stuff from NISMO USA...

Their display was very nice... it had the Red 06 NISMO Z that was in the comercial, the Red BC ETHIC STAR GIRL RACING JWT TT'ed 350Z, a VK45 350Z Drift Car in the works, AZEAL Proto, ACTIC Proto, JDM NISSAN TIIDA's (to be released next summer in the states with new name)... Rumor Has it in the next couple of days (show ends Friday) they are releasing a new "Sports Coupe" all this as well as an Altima SE-R NISMO'd out... Along with a Pathfinder Armada, some of the offroad Titan and Fronteir race trucks...

They displayed some products but unfortunatly it was all the same stuff as last year with the addition of their Titan Intake... They were displaying the Old Style floor mats and licence plate frames which have not been available for 6 months now :-/ (I teased them about it)... But its all good, as long as I can get the info to everyone as it comes out!

Rite before I left for SEMA I got an email from NISMO USA about the new Z33 Bushings FINALLY available... Unfortunatly I was not able to update our web site with all of that information before I left... But, the bushings I can remember off the top of my head are... Front Upper A-Arm Bushings, Rear Spring Seat Bushings, I think Upper Mounts for Front and Rear (Great for those with TEIN Basic or TANABE SO-C that use stock upper mounts) Bushings for Camber and Toe arms as well... I hope to have those updated on our site by the end of the week...

As far as a new front lip for the 2006 I did not ask them about it... Ill ask them tomorrow for sure...

Here are some images of the new NISMO Floor Mats as well as new NISMO Licence plate frame...

The Heal Protector is a big + on the new mats...

Old 11-01-2005, 10:46 PM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
As far as a new front lip for the 2006 I did not ask them about it... Ill ask them tomorrow for sure...
Thanks. Please do. I am really interested in finding that out too.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by mc350z
heres the street concept ARMADA

and here it is in person...

Old 11-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Here are the rest of the images from the NISMO Booth... I didnt take pictures of the product wall since I already have them in our show room...

Old 11-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Ill get one tomorrow.. By the time I got to the NISMO Booth my battery was dying so ran to each car to take a few shots...

Im gonna get some rest so I can wake up for the free breakfast tomorrow...

Im going to post the rest of my pictures thursday when I can bulk upload them via FTP...

Last edited by Jason@Performance; 11-01-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:50 AM
hbenet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason, Sparco is demoing their new 2006 line.

Could you see if you can get picts of the new stuff, please?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:31 PM
hbenet

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
LED TAIL LIGHTS GALORE: I do not know the company's name... But they have new LED Tail Lights... They are avaialble in both Black housing and Chrome housing... The LED's are aranged to form a Z when you look at the Right Rear tail light... The Left Rear is a mirror image of the Right... They also have Chrome reverse light assemblies that do not look to obnoxious...

You probably mean this:
Maxzone L.E.D Tail Lamp; available in chrome, gunmetal, black, carbon fiber; SAE/DOT compliant.
http://www.semaphotos.com/imageSingl...M2005110105011

Last edited by hbenet; 11-02-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn those tail lights are hott, where can i get a pair of those badboys!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:51 PM
hbenet

Originally Posted by D350Z10
Damn those tail lights are hott, where can i get a pair of those badboys!
Apparently they just came out at SEMA.

I am sure Jason will have all the info soon. In the mean time, I would suggest checking with the the manufacturer maxzone.com.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:01 PM
nicolaycastro

I bought a magazine, and they had an ad with them on... but I went to the website and they hadn't placed them there. Are the ones posted the chromed, or the blacked?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Those are the tail lights... They start shipping Next Month they told me...
Old 11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Looks like the lights spell Z, ewwwww!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:55 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Here are some of my pics. Sorry about the quality. The first one is the Pro Design Z that Jason was talking about in his first post. Not my style, but different nonetheless.

^^^^^1,640 rwhp!!!!!^^^^^^

^^^^^^Rickdogg's 350Z^^^^^^

Last edited by SinCity350Z; 11-02-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:15 PM
xswl0931

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Pro Design Z looks like a Dodge.

Quick Reply: 2005 SEMA SHOW: Greetings from Las Vegas!