Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone get rid of their roadster for a coupe.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago I had a convertible and loved it. One thing that surprised me is how many people don't like them. They don't like the top down, wind blowing all around, mess up their hair feeling. That's the whole point. It gave me the ******* every time someone would ask (or worse, not ask and just do it) to put the windows up (or even more worse, keep top up). Only thing that looks more dumb than the windows up in a convertible, is one window up.

Also, if you're one of those people who is going to drive with the top up (on the most beautiful day of the year) for no apparent reason (you know who you are), then just save yourself from looking dumb and get the coupe. They aren't wonderful if it's too hot and sunny (you learn that quickly). There's a sweet spot, temperature wise.

Lastly, if the "Z was originally designed to be a roadster," I just wonder why they didn't do something in the back there. A bit of a curve would have gone a long way, but I personally don't care for it. Every roadster owner always takes offense when I say that though, so I'll just stop there.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:34 PM
MADooit

Originally Posted by Chicken
One thing that surprised me is how many people don't like them. They don't like the top down, wind blowing all around, mess up their hair feeling.
Wow that used to be me. About a year and a half ago I test drove my zr, liked the look and though it would be fun. I live in an almost perfect climate for most of the year so it could be fun. I fell in love with this car. I think I like this car more all the time. Most cars I can get a little board with or you hate to drive them too much. But not this car. I didn’t know I could like a car this much. Maybe it’s just the perfect balance for me, not too expensive, I’m afraid to drive it too much, but definitely not boring.

….so no trade for me in the near future.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:34 PM
ssk0771

I guess no one traded in their Roadster for a Coupe yet.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:30 AM
Zcarboy

well the reason I think is because most trader thier coupe for roadsters that why.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

......But not this car. I didn’t know I could like a car this much. Maybe it’s just the perfect balance for me, not too expensive, I’m afraid to drive it too much, but definitely not boring.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I do love this car. After one and a half years, I still turn to look at it when it is parked. It is just so drop dead gorgeous. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say "the lines of the coupe are better". While the coupe is a beautiful car as well, I do not think the roadster, with the top down, is any less attractive. Both coupe and roadster look great.

My original comment was really only aimed at periods of longer, highway driving. As much as I love top down blasting, after more than 90 min at 90 mph, it gets a bit much. Of course, one can always put the top up at that point, but it it still noisy.

Am I really considering getting rid of my R for a C?......No way, but sometimes I do miss a little quiet on the road.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:02 AM
CESAROTORRES

Default Hell NO!

Originally Posted by Speedracer
Just curious about why. I've had this thought every now and then. While I do love my ZR, there is no doubt that after about an hour or so of driving with the top down, all the outside noise does start to get to me. Especially trucks driving by.....my gawd, is that loud! Driving in the rain is also a noisy experience. I always wanted a convertible, and I'm glad I did it just this once with such a hot looking roadster, but I don't think I'll do it again.
Maybe for T-TOPS

Cesar
2004.5 350ZR
Old 11-06-2005, 01:20 PM
GregZ

Yesterday I traded my 04 SB Roadster for an 06 Interlagos Fire coupe. I loved my ZR but I also loved the coupes. My top on the ZR was starting to come apart and I didn't feel like dealing with it (some people have changed theirs many times). My car only had 3900 miles on it. I know it was under warranty but eventually that will run out and from what I hear its about $2500 every time after that you have to change it.

Anyway, I saw the Interlagos Fire and I loved it (always owned black cars for years), so I decided to get it. Don't regret it. But the ZR's are beutiful cars.

Greg