Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my alarm installed???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 03:54 PM
skrudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my alarm installed???

gotta quick question for ya'll... i just got a viper alarm installed with a remote start. the dealer that sold it to me needed the spare key too leave in the car????? it just sounds fishy? huh? has any of ya'll got a engine start alarm put in your car? and did they also ask for your spare key too? hope ya'll could help me with this? PEACE!
Old 11-05-2005, 03:56 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by skrudder
gotta quick question for ya'll... i just got a viper alarm installed with a remote start. the dealer that sold it to me needed the spare key too leave in the car????? it just sounds fishy? huh? has any of ya'll got a engine start alarm put in your car? and did they also ask for your spare key too? hope ya'll could help me with this? PEACE!
Yes they need an extra key. Is yours an auto?
Old 11-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

The remote start system needs to utilize the transponder from your spare key to start the car. No transponder = No car start.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:22 PM
skrudder

nah its stick... but thanks for your reply... i feel a lil betta nowz.. but mmmm i wonder where they put it?
Old 11-05-2005, 04:29 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

nah its stick... but thanks for your reply... i feel a lil betta nowz.. but mmmm i wonder where they put it?

Be careful when leaving it in gear. It will and can leave without you in it!

BEWARE!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:28 PM
slickb0i

hey, the reason why they took ur key is dat, Nissan has a vehicle immobilizer system. Meaning dat the key actually has a chip inside which corresponds with the ignition to see if the key is legit (not a fake one dat a theif might use). Now the problem is dat in a remote starter, the car turns on wit out a key in the ignition, but the ignition still needs a vefication from a key to start the engine. This is where the spare key comes in the dealer prolly took ur valet key since itz the extra key. And wit that key, the dealer puts dat key in a module that is connected to the chip in side teh ignition. So then when the remote starter is activated, the ignition searches for a chip dat corresponds wit that particular car. And then this is where the module wit the extra key kicks in and "authorizes" the start-up. So basically, dat is why ur dealer needs an extra key dat needs to be kept in the car. hope this was helpful!

P.S remote starter on a manual car???Now datz the fishy part cuz for the most part i heard they are illegal (well atleast in NJ). But neways, make sure ur extremely careful in how u park ur car. Since if the clutch pops in gear nd the remote starter is engaged, ur car will take off!

Last edited by slickb0i; 11-05-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:38 PM
skrudder

thanks alot.....
Old 11-05-2005, 08:31 PM
jakesford

Originally Posted by slickb0i
hey, the reason why they took ur key is dat, Nissan has a vehicle immobilizer system. Meaning dat the key actually has a chip inside which corresponds with the ignition to see if the key is legit (not a fake one dat a theif might use). Now the problem is dat in a remote starter, the car turns on wit out a key in the ignition, but the ignition still needs a vefication from a key to start the engine. This is where the spare key comes in the dealer prolly took ur valet key since itz the extra key. And wit that key, the dealer puts dat key in a module that is connected to the chip in side teh ignition. So then when the remote starter is activated, the ignition searches for a chip dat corresponds wit that particular car. And then this is where the module wit the extra key kicks in and "authorizes" the start-up. So basically, dat is why ur dealer needs an extra key dat needs to be kept in the car. hope this was helpful!

P.S remote starter on a manual car???Now datz the fishy part cuz for the most part i heard they are illegal (well atleast in NJ). But neways, make sure ur extremely careful in how u park ur car. Since if the clutch pops in gear nd the remote starter is engaged, ur car will take off!
My IQ just dropped reading this, is one extra letter too tough... jk

BTW the only remotestart made for manuals is the Clifford intelli start system, you have to follow a certain set of steps before turning off the car to allow you to remote start it next time. Basis being if you can remember to follow the steps you will remember to leave it out of gear
Old 11-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Soccerprep205

Since you live in LA... i mean its a DRIVE up here to Washington (seattle area) but i have an installtion guy that does a GREAT job with install and has pretty cheap labor... he can make it so even IF you start it up in gear the car wont take off on you, even though its a manual car he adds a diod connected to your break switch and kills the engine immediatly after starting it in gear... PM me for details... the alarm he uses, uses a pager with a 1000ft radius and tons of otgher features... i think its 350 installed.. 300... somewhere around there, 3 of my friends have done it, i will be doing it very soon
Old 11-05-2005, 08:59 PM
skeleton jack

Paranoid.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:06 PM
wayneside

Originally Posted by jakesford

BTW the only remotestart made for manuals is the Clifford intelli start system, you have to follow a certain set of steps before turning off the car to allow you to remote start it next time. Basis being if you can remember to follow the steps you will remember to leave it out of gear

i have an autopage unit that works on my standard...but yeah-dont forget to take it out of gear when u park it...
Old 11-06-2005, 12:21 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by jakesford

WRONG, its Compustar!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:45 AM
clkwrkorg36

also if you use another one of the keys with a chip in it, the car will not start. so you will have to go get a "dumb" key made to use daily. viper makes a module which will work without leaving the key in the car.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:52 PM
rokinkead

Same here jakesford. That was difficult reading.