Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Another Z driver killed going 130 MPH and he was running from the Police!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005 | 07:43 AM
paulsmansfield

Driving like that what did he expect was going to happen! It gives no details of the occupants of the car he hit, I can only presume they died too, thats the real tragedy.
Old 11-23-2005 | 07:47 AM
makim
Banned

Originally Posted by SvR350z
This is bad news all the way around. I think the police should stop chasing people if they are going that fast unless they done something really really wrong.
yeah the cops are the bad guys here,
they should just stop whatever their doing, change uniforms and become salvation army this year

dude get your head out of you a..
there are 20,000 murders in this country alone, and millions of crime commited every year, do you have any idea what their against?

it kills me when i see these idiots running from cops, how often do they get away anyway?? but then all criminals are morons....
Old 11-23-2005 | 07:49 AM
davidv

Default My blessing to friend and family.

Things happen fast at 130 mph. Very fast.

Last edited by davidv; 11-23-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:09 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

sorry to hear about the loss. i looked over at the other forum and saw some pretty lame a$$ comments. sorry for the insensitivity of others. regardless of fault, people suffered and it is not good to pass judgment on anyone. sure maybe he wasn't doing the best thing at the time of the accident, but we are all guilty of doing bad things on the road.

but if i were you i would make something positive from this. i've seen so many posts lately about people losing control of their cars on the road. i think it would be a good thing to organize some free performance and safety driving classes to car owners in your area. i've seen some manufacturers such as BMW offer these courses, but for major $. maybe you could work to promote safety on the roads through increased driver awareness and road knowledge and name the group after your friend.

hang in there bro.
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:10 AM
ZlleH

Sorry for your lose and thanks for the warning, but I want to point out that it does not have to be a powerful 350Z to cause an accident while running away from the cops. It could be a ford focus or any other type of non-performance car.

Which brings up another interesting subject. A year ago, A family tried to sue the city police department for causing the death of a family mamber. The family member was killed when the car the police was chasing plowed into the victim's car and killed both suspect and victim. I think there is some type of rule where if the pursuit makes the suspect speed up at a dangerous speed to endanger civilians, the police has to call of the pursuit.

What do you guys think of that rule/law?

Originally Posted by zand02max
I want to personally let you guys know that the cars you own are very powerful, do not take advantage of them.

Last edited by ZlleH; 11-23-2005 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:17 AM
jtang03

my condolences to the family and friends especially with the holidays.
yes lets all drive SAFE please.
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:21 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one
Premier Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by jtang03
my condolences to the family and friends especially with the holidays.
yes lets all drive SAFE please.
+1
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:25 AM
afr0puff

zand02max, I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 11-23-2005 | 08:28 AM
makim
Banned

Originally Posted by ROGUELITE
it is not good to pass judgment on anyone. sure maybe he wasn't doing the best thing at the time of the accident, but we are all guilty of doing bad things on the road.

you think? running from police at 130mph, and taking someones loved one, few days before thanksgiving....
you guys gotta stop being such liberal pussies, the fact that he drove 350 doesnt change sh.t. If he survived, he deserved to spend next 10 years of his life in prison.
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:31 AM
makim
Banned

Originally Posted by ZlleH

Which brings up another interesting subject. A year ago, A family tried to sue the city police department for causing the death of a family mamber. The family member was killed when the car the police was chasing plowed into the victim's car and killed both suspect and victim. I think there is some type of rule where if the pursuit makes the suspect speed up at a dangerous speed to endanger civilians, the police has to call of the pursuit.

yeah call off pursuits, stop arresting people, let everybody out of prison
you got a reason for running from police, theres a good chance that you will hurt many more people if you do get away

you realize that people running from cops are not "good" people right?

he can get away and kill somebody the next day in an unrelated crime
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:46 AM
Joeys_z

Originally Posted by makim
you think? running from police at 130mph, and taking someones loved one, few days before thanksgiving....
you guys gotta stop being such liberal pussies, the fact that he drove 350 doesnt change sh.t. If he survived, he deserved to spend next 10 years of his life in prison.
+1

This guy made a calculated decision to run from the police, and he MURDERED another person. There is no destinction between this guy and the guy who gets wasted at the local pub, climbs into his 3500lb killing machine and wipes out a family on the road. A can't believe what I am reading here....he MURDERED someone!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:52 AM
makim
Banned

im glad im not the only one that feels this way
Old 11-23-2005 | 08:55 AM
Cannysage

my regards.. is he a member of this forum?
Old 11-23-2005 | 09:03 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Wow.. what a shame. Life is too short to begin with. Why run from the cops and risk death even earlier. Its a shame that this happened to your friend. may he rest in peace. Hopefully he did not take anyone else with him.
Old 11-23-2005 | 09:03 AM
Lancaster

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Sorry for your lose and thanks for the warning, but I want to point out that it does not have to be a powerful 350Z to cause an accident while running away from the cops. It could be a ford focus or any other type of non-performance car.

There aren't any laws regarding that. And very few departments have a code of specific procedures for pursuits; since they quickly snowball into huge doctrines because you just can't account for everything that might happen in a chase. The decison to end a pursuit or to suspend aggressive trailing (back off) belongs to the patrol supervisor (unless he's told to call it off by somebody higher) and is made on a case by case basis. It's done like that to protect the innocent citizens of course; but on the other side to protect the chasing officers from personal lawsuits.

Blue lights mean stop You can't tell police not to chase somebody...soon criminals will just say to themselves "hmm if I just start going apesh*t and running into stuff at 130 mph then the cops will have to let me go....well..got nothing to lose, here we go!"
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:05 AM
TayTaythatsme04

When do you see a person ever get away from the cops, maybe up in the middle of nowhere ya you can probably leave the cop in the dust, put in populated areas you wont get away, the partol cars might back off put there still watching you from the sky the is just no point to it all . . .

. . . It just sad, the driver made a dumb decsion to run, causing his own life sad in itself, and his stupidity caused somebodies love one to also lose there life. Blame the driver fine, but he is still gone,

. . . there is just saddness in these situations, lesson dont speed or . . . I dont know. . .how about THINK before you act .. . .
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:08 AM
thezedsled

Without knowing all the details it is hard to make a judgment call but at the same time it is a well known fact that cops turn into cowboys when they get a good chase going and will stop at nothing to get their man. There have been tons of situations here in AZ where if the cop had just gotten the plate and then backed off the outcome would have been far less tragic. I mean, as long as you have the plate then they will never truly get away so there is no need to go chasing them around town at 130mph just so you can pull them out of the car and make your heroic arrest. The truth is if you are up against a guy like this that just will not stop then there is no point in chasing him; the risk that the situation will escalate and someone will end up dead is just too great. No traffic stop justifies doing 130mph on public streets…

Either way there is certainly no need to feel sorry for the guy driving the Z. He made the choice not to stop and the end result that he received is a direct product of that decision. He got what he deserved, nothing more, and nothing less. Most of us don’t realize how our choices can affect the lives of others; sometime people we don’t even know will have their lives completely altered forever because of the choice of another…

Now, for the record does anyone know why this guy chose to run instead of just stopping for the police officer?
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:18 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one
Premier Member

Originally Posted by gringott
Thank God no one else was killed. Sorry for your loss.
+1 Let's be careful out there.

Last edited by Z MANIA; 11-23-2005 at 10:20 AM. Reason: forgot +1
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:19 AM
medic165

CHICAGO -- Family and friends of a teenager killed overnight gathered Wednesday morning at the site of a crash that left two men dead on the city's Northwest Side.

Debris on a nearby sidewalk was an indication of how devastating the collision was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video: Crash Kills Two
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police say one of the vehicles in the collision was traveling at high speeds when it ran through a red light at an intersection and slammed into a passing van.

Alsiej Azdic was eastbound in a Nissan on Irving Park Road and ran a red light at Cumberland Avenue, striking a northbound GMC 2500 van at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to Jefferson Park District Lt. John Lewison.

NBC5's Lisa Tutman reported Wednesday that both family and friends said that Azdic loved to drive fast cars, but this time that may have been what cost the lives of the 18-year-old and a second driver. Most Popular On NBC5.com

Click Here To See What's Hot

Both Azdi and the driver of the van were ejected from their vehicles and suffered fatal injuries in the high-speed collision, police said.

"He liked to drive fast," Azdic's cousin, Vahid Azdic, told Tutman. "His dad would constantly tell him he needs to stop doing that, he needs to be careful. (He was) always reminding him of that and he just didn't listen for some reason, unfortunately."

The driver of the van, Alex Ivanou, 27, of 9454 Bay Colony Dr. in Des Plaines, was taken to Resurrection Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 12:23 a.m. Wednesday, according to a Cook County Medical Examiner's Office spokesman.

Azdic, of 4419 N. Keystone Ave., was pronounced dead at 12:08 a.m. Wednesday at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, according to a Cook County medical examiner's office representative.

The Nissan 350z burst into flames on impact and then hit a Volvo, which was stopped on the west side of the intersection, Lewison said. The woman driving the Volvo was not injured and no one else was riding in either of the victims' vehicles, he said.

Schiller Park police assisted at the accident scene due to the bordering intersection, a Schiller Park police sergeant said.

Police News Affairs Officer Laura West said neither drugs nor alcohol were believed to have played a role in the crash.

Calls to Azdic's home went unanswered Wednesday morning and two of Ivanou's neighbors could not provide background on the man.

A friend, Jerry Rowland, told Tutman that Azdic enjoyed life.

"He enjoyed being here, being happy, hanging out with all his friends, everything," Rowland said.

Azdic was a high school senior who had hopes of attending the University of Chicago next fall, Tutman said.

A Major Accident Investigation Unit officer declined comment and referred calls to News Affairs Wednesday morning.

**apparently from what i heard on the news, this kid was doing 90mph when he blew the red light on irving park rd (major intersection) killing an innocent person in his work van heading back home. May both rest in peace. I just don't understand why you would be speeding to get away from cops and then blowing a red light, was he that desperate to run away? Please take it easy guys.
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:27 AM
gringott

I know that area and intersection. Sorry for the poor guy in the van. 18 years old does not make for smart moves. The Z is not at fault. A friend asked me what I would do if I saw cop lights in the rear view if I was doing 135. My answer was the only answer: slow down and pull over. Even jail time is better than the crazy situation that can happen in a high speed chase.

Quick Reply: Another Z driver killed going 130 MPH and he was running from the Police!