Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Another Z driver killed going 130 MPH and he was running from the Police!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005 | 10:42 AM
NeoRacer_106

Still dont see the need for a 65mph limiter on teenager drivers?
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:43 AM
jrod1014

Originally Posted by medic165
CHICAGO -- Family and friends of a teenager killed overnight gathered Wednesday morning at the site of a crash that left two men dead on the city's Northwest Side.

Debris on a nearby sidewalk was an indication of how devastating the collision was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video: Crash Kills Two
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police say one of the vehicles in the collision was traveling at high speeds when it ran through a red light at an intersection and slammed into a passing van.

Alsiej Azdic was eastbound in a Nissan on Irving Park Road and ran a red light at Cumberland Avenue, striking a northbound GMC 2500 van at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to Jefferson Park District Lt. John Lewison.

NBC5's Lisa Tutman reported Wednesday that both family and friends said that Azdic loved to drive fast cars, but this time that may have been what cost the lives of the 18-year-old and a second driver. Most Popular On NBC5.com

Click Here To See What's Hot

Both Azdi and the driver of the van were ejected from their vehicles and suffered fatal injuries in the high-speed collision, police said.

"He liked to drive fast," Azdic's cousin, Vahid Azdic, told Tutman. "His dad would constantly tell him he needs to stop doing that, he needs to be careful. (He was) always reminding him of that and he just didn't listen for some reason, unfortunately."

The driver of the van, Alex Ivanou, 27, of 9454 Bay Colony Dr. in Des Plaines, was taken to Resurrection Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 12:23 a.m. Wednesday, according to a Cook County Medical Examiner's Office spokesman.

Azdic, of 4419 N. Keystone Ave., was pronounced dead at 12:08 a.m. Wednesday at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, according to a Cook County medical examiner's office representative.

The Nissan 350z burst into flames on impact and then hit a Volvo, which was stopped on the west side of the intersection, Lewison said. The woman driving the Volvo was not injured and no one else was riding in either of the victims' vehicles, he said.

Schiller Park police assisted at the accident scene due to the bordering intersection, a Schiller Park police sergeant said.

Police News Affairs Officer Laura West said neither drugs nor alcohol were believed to have played a role in the crash.

Calls to Azdic's home went unanswered Wednesday morning and two of Ivanou's neighbors could not provide background on the man.

A friend, Jerry Rowland, told Tutman that Azdic enjoyed life.

"He enjoyed being here, being happy, hanging out with all his friends, everything," Rowland said.

Azdic was a high school senior who had hopes of attending the University of Chicago next fall, Tutman said.

A Major Accident Investigation Unit officer declined comment and referred calls to News Affairs Wednesday morning.

**apparently from what i heard on the news, this kid was doing 90mph when he blew the red light on irving park rd (major intersection) killing an innocent person in his work van heading back home. May both rest in peace. I just don't understand why you would be speeding to get away from cops and then blowing a red light, was he that desperate to run away? Please take it easy guys.
After looking at the photographs of the scene AND the fact that it was raining, I say, in a humble way, he got what he deserved... What an idiot... Period.

I don't wish anyone bad but c'mon man... I thank God i've been driving since I was 15, and although thats not a ton of experience (I'm 21 now, so 6 yrs) compared to say, my parents, I started with beaters and crap *** cars. I now appreciate the speed and capabilities of far better machines. Its truly a shame and this hits so close to home.... What a shame... Again, no sympathy, however my condolances to his family and the other man killed at a relatively young age (27).
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:50 AM
abyss

Sorry for your loss but its hard to feel remorse for these people once they take a life. My sister Cynthia was killed the same way when a drunk driver in a semi was running from the cops and he went through a red light broad siding her, killing her and paralizing her boyfriend 7 years ago. I hope these people enjoy the thrill they get when they kill themselves and others because they aren't just hurting themselves they are killing their family too.
Old 11-23-2005 | 11:05 AM
afr0puff

Originally Posted by medic165
"His dad would constantly tell him he needs to stop doing that, he needs to be careful. (He was) always reminding him of that and he just didn't listen for some reason, unfortunately."
Maybe dad should have thought of that before buying a high schooler a high performance car.
Old 11-23-2005 | 11:11 AM
makim
Banned

Originally Posted by afr0puff
Maybe dad should have thought of that before buying a high schooler a high performance car.
+1

90mph on irving park
Old 11-23-2005 | 11:26 AM
Netko350Z

Speed Kills....nuff said
Old 11-23-2005 | 11:35 AM
350z4steve

Originally Posted by zand02max
Its no one I know. I just linked and posted it from the other Z forum!

I guess alot of people on here are assuming it is your best friend even though you dont know him and are just linking/pasting the info from another site
Old 11-23-2005 | 11:37 AM
mavtais

He doesn't know the guy. Feel free to bash.
Damn my insurance. Okay, I'm done. Now you go.
Old 11-23-2005 | 11:43 AM
defex

Originally Posted by mavtais
He doesn't know the guy. Feel free to bash.
Damn my insurance. Okay, I'm done. Now you go.

damn my 700 a month insure.. no im not exagerrating..
Old 11-23-2005 | 12:21 PM
Lancaster

Originally Posted by thezedsled
Without knowing all the details it is hard to make a judgment call but at the same time it is a well known fact that cops turn into cowboys when they get a good chase going and will stop at nothing to get their man. There have been tons of situations here in AZ where if the cop had just gotten the plate and then backed off the outcome would have been far less tragic. I mean, as long as you have the plate then they will never truly get away so there is no need to go chasing them around town at 130mph just so you can pull them out of the car and make your heroic arrest. The truth is if you are up against a guy like this that just will not stop then there is no point in chasing him; the risk that the situation will escalate and someone will end up dead is just too great. No traffic stop justifies doing 130mph on public streets…
Gotta respectfully disagree with this..

First, please don't use the phrase "well known fact" for stuff that is obviously just your opinion. Gives people the impression you have information to back that up, which you dont
2nd, you can't charge a car with a crime..just like you can't charge a gun with a crime. Knowing the car's plate tells you nothing about who's driving that car, only who owns the car. And since you can't prove who was driving the car when it nearly ran over some little old lady at 130 mph, nobody is punished.
Don't foget, the person that puts the "high speed" in high speed pursuit, is the chasee...not the chaser. And I simply disagree with the idea that there is no reason to try and apprehend somebody that drives like he has nothing to lose..
Old 11-23-2005 | 12:22 PM
boogey76

SOrry to see that man....

Back in my country though, Lebanon, its not allowed for police to chase anyone....cuz some one killed a cop on a motorcyle, and then the guy crashed his car entering a tunnel even though he got rid of the cop....

A new law came out against chasing no matter what the charges are....they can just take the license plates and get them with time....

sorry for the loss of life man...may he rest in peace and give strength to his family..
Old 11-23-2005 | 12:25 PM
Derratte

I have no respect for people who take the life of others so selfishly.
Old 11-23-2005 | 12:50 PM
afr0puff

Have you read the thread that is linked? His friend/cousin/whoever is explaining... "I called aj to let him know and he didnt pick up, the cop busted a u and aj floored it. It was one thing he was good at, he was always able to find himself out of a situation like that." It's a shame this kid didn't just drive off a cliff so the world could be rid of him. He had to take an innocent person with him.
Old 11-23-2005 | 01:45 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Glad this dumb SOB is off the planet. Sorry he had to take someone with him. Hope he won himself a nice warm seat in hell for doing it. Loser.
Old 11-23-2005 | 01:46 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by boogey76
SOrry to see that man....

Back in my country though, Lebanon, its not allowed for police to chase anyone....cuz some one killed a cop on a motorcyle, and then the guy crashed his car entering a tunnel even though he got rid of the cop....

A new law came out against chasing no matter what the charges are....they can just take the license plates and get them with time....

sorry for the loss of life man...may he rest in peace and give strength to his family..
There are some places in the US like that now, its illegal for cops in some locations to engage in a chase if someone is traveling at high rates of speed. This dosen't solve anything though because you cannot react on city streets or hiways at that speed because you never know whats gonna happen. You drive wrecklessly your gonna hurt yourself or someone else...
Old 11-23-2005 | 01:47 PM
Russ@Z1

that's crazy and saddening.

I was actually in Chicago yesterday driving all over the place. Thank goodness I didn't come across him.
Old 11-23-2005 | 02:00 PM
Lerxst

It's already been said, but it seems to have to be said again... Zand02Max does NOT know this guy.

I remember being 18 and thinking I was going to live forever... add to it all that practice playing Need for Speed so he must have been an excellent driver ... and throw a high-powered sports car into the equation... he was probably an average kid that made some VERY stupid decisions. I associate murder with the intent to kill. In this situation, I'd call it GROSS negligence causing death. Don't get me wrong, he's a total a$$ for taking another person's life in this manner. Either way it's a trajedy for both families. My thoughts and condolences go out to them.

Last edited by Lerxst; 11-23-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2005 | 02:12 PM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by kcobean
Glad this dumb SOB is off the planet. Sorry he had to take someone with him. Hope he won himself a nice warm seat in hell for doing it. Loser.

+1. 18 year old high school kids shouldn't be driving Z's in the 1st place. If this guy was running from the cops on city streets at 130mph and flying through red lights... then you know he wasn't just running thinking he can outrun them in the Z. He had something else or did something else. I mean he should be driving a d@mn Toyota Echo for crying out loud. At least he got what he deserved and my sympathies to the family of the driver of the van. He didn't deserve to be murdered like that. It doesn't matter what you drive.. Z, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche... you may be able to outrun the cops but that chopper will be on your @$$ the whole time. Speed kills and these like 16-18 year old kids think they can reinact the chase scenes from Gone in 60 Seconds or F&F. To all my fellow Z drivers, stay safe and obey speed limits and be careful especially this holiday season.
Old 11-23-2005 | 05:20 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Originally Posted by SvR350z
This is bad news all the way around. I think the police should stop chasing people if they are going that fast unless they done something really really wrong. Its insane for someone to drive that fast in an attempt to get away from the law but its also crazy for a police officer to chase someone around like that knowing what the end result is going to be.
Dont get me wrong, Im not blaming the police at all. Clearly the driver should have stopped and shouldnt have been going that fast to begin with. Its just a shame.

Police think they can outrun everyone in their Chevy Caprices or Ford Crown Vics....They're sadly mistaken, those American made POS just aren't that fast, plus those cars can't corner worth a damn. Better off giving all cops Camaros or Mustangs, at least they could've got in front of this kid and slowed his azz DOWN!!
Old 11-23-2005 | 05:59 PM
HighwaySpeed

Originally Posted by gringott
Thank God no one else was killed.

+1

Quick Reply: Another Z driver killed going 130 MPH and he was running from the Police!