Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$1025 Ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by juliosuburban
I was out about two weeks ago on a Saturday night at the local street scene. We had a few runs, on a local strip, and we then decided to go to another scene about 10 minutes away. It was me, a Supra, and a really beautifully modified Mustang, who just happened to follow us. At one point we were speeding at around 100 down a highway on the way to the next stop. The highway was empty, no traffic, and I seen no cops at all, well I atleast thought I didn't . We exit off a ramp and cruise for about five minutes until we get to a stop light. A Mass State Police cruiser pulls up along my drivers side flashing his lights, and blocks the highway in front of us. He hauled me, the Supra, the Mustang that was following us, and about five other cars that were behind us as well, that I didn't even know were behind us. Pulls us into a McDonalds parking lot, and starts inspecting our cars. He wrote my ticket up stating I he clocked me doing 100 in a 55 MPH zone, but he also stated on the ticket he estimated me doing 100. And here's how he added it up:

Drag Racing $500 (We were all speeding in formation, so he assumed we were)
Speeding $450 (I admit I was..)
Expired Inspection Stickers $50 (Insurance gave me 7 days to obtain new stickers, it was only the fourth that day)
No Seatbelt $25 (I took it off, to give him my license)

In all, it was the scariest 25 minutes of my life, because I didn't know what the consequences at that time were going to be. Plus it was my first run in with the law ever. I appealed the ticket, and I'm waiting for a court date. Looking to hire a lawyer for the court date. Winning most of the charges look good?

Hey don't feel bad man, it could have been much MUCH worse...

Some dumb drive thru b!tch could have spilled coke on your Z
Old 11-29-2005, 08:39 AM
juliosuburban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubble
hehehehe...how much it will cost to hire a laywer?
I don't want drag racing on my record. Plus if my father finds out about it, the Z will be burned, literally. Plus, I've already consulted with my fathers lawyer, which has many years of experience, and won't tip my father on anything about courts. He said for $700, he can have drag racing, seat belt, and the tag charges dropped. Speeding, theres doubt, since he clocked me.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you on your dads insurance??
Old 11-29-2005, 10:15 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't want drag racing on my record. Plus if my father finds out about it, the Z will be burned, literally. Plus, I've already consulted with my fathers lawyer, which has many years of experience, and won't tip my father on anything about courts. He said for $700, he can have drag racing, seat belt, and the tag charges dropped. Speeding, theres doubt, since he clocked me.
Reguardless of what other people may be telling you..

Own up to the mistake you made by promising yourself that you will not get in trouble again. There is no nobility in going to prison or losing your liscense out of "Pride in doing the right thing". This is your life and you should avoid legal problems at all cost. Deal with the moral issues on your own without the court/public's involvement.

If we all went to jail or were fined every time we broke a law out of honor we would all be broke and in prison. You did a stupid thing, realize it and move on. EVERYONE on here is a criminal, most do it daily, breaking some law, from going 1mph over the speed limit to getting a ******* from your wife.

Last edited by sq40; 11-29-2005 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by KwanZito
You bring up an interesting point, and while I would love for this to be the case, I have to completely dissagree with it. I'll play devils advocate here;

The laws are in place and apply to everyone in the interest of keeping everyone safe (and sure, create revenue for the municipality, etc etc but that's not the point really). To assert that the (local) government should buy land, pay for development of that land, and pay a staff of admin / workers / and safety personell to create an environment just because YOU CANT OPERATE WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE SAME LAWS THAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO DEAL WITH is just assinine.

The burden falls squarely on you, the speed enthusiast, to create such environment, and to think that anyone else should have to pay for it except those who wish to use it is unfair and self centered.

Again, don't get me wrong, I'd love a place where I could show up any time and race free of charge. And by no means am I calling you assinine or self centered....im just making a point because i've heard this idea thrown around a number of times.

Everyone around here talks about how they would love to have a place where they could go to race their cars. They whine and complain about how the cops are always harrasing them, and if there was only somewhere for people like us to go, we wouldn't have any of these problems. Well guess what, WE HAD THAT PLACE, AND IT SHUT DOWN? Why? Because it didn't make any money, BECAUSE NOBODY WENT! Now we really have nowhere to go, and people still act like they weren't given a chance to create this place they dream of where cars are allowed to go fast. I think people just like to have something to complain about, but when they are asked to do something out of the realm of their normal day-to-day bs, that's way too much. It's easier to play Monday-morning quarterback.

anyway that's just my $.02

I completely agree with you. I have been hearing both arguments since I first got into the race scene in highschool with my old chevy nova. Its a constant circle. I can't speak for the place you have/had. I have seen tracks and specials come and go, but it all boils down to the all mighty dollar, like you said. I could go into a long tirade about how our tax dollars are already spent on things we wouldn't want to see them wasted on, so I don't think that argument holds water. I do belive that if the government (local or federal) took a bit of intrest and care in the youth today, the could solve a large ammount of their problems. Unfortunately, we have created this beast. We are the product of our own making. We have become so "Americanized" that we feed on each other.

I spent 5 years serving this country, and am still willing to die for it in a moments notice, but I have seen societies out there, that we look down upon, that don't have the same problems as us.

This argument could go on for days, and in no way am I flaming or starting trouble. I see and understand both sides. I just find it sad that we as a people fall on each other like a pack of wild dogs fighting over fresh meat. Thats why we have, what 2.5 lawyers to ever 1 person? I think I read that somewhere. Everything is driven by money anymore. I feel sad, because there are honest, hard working kids out there, that don't have the chance to run at a track. Don't have the funding to do it. They wan't their chance to shine, everyone does. When I finally retire, I will do my best to offer that up to the kids of the area.

Anyway, to the OP, it sounds like your going to get things worked out. While I do agree that you might have been hassled a bit, try to get everyone he ticketed to go at the same time, that might give you a little more sway in court, to the fact that the cop gave the same tickets to everyone there.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:20 AM
juliosuburban

Everything is in my name and the insurance right now is cheap at $246 for full coverage. I don't want it to shoot up to $500 instantly for insurance monthly. So I'm fighting it. There are no tracks around here, the closest one is about a good hour and a half away. The "local strip" is about five minutes away. Lynn Marsh Road. Highway 107. Its the perfect set up for racing. Past midnight the whole highway is dead. For now, i'm just waiting on the court date, and hopefully everything goes well. But.....I learned my lesson....no more speeding...
Old 11-29-2005, 12:09 PM
gto88

Everything is in my name and the insurance right now is cheap at $246 for full coverage. I don't want it to shoot up to $500 instantly for insurance monthly. So I'm fighting it. There are no tracks around here, the closest one is about a good hour and a half away. The "local strip" is about five minutes away. Lynn Marsh Road. Highway 107. Its the perfect set up for racing. Past midnight the whole highway is dead. For now, i'm just waiting on the court date, and hopefully everything goes well. But.....I learned my lesson....no more speeding...
You sound as if you would do it again because it is close.
You have to fight about it (the urge to race) for yourself.
To go 1 1/2 hours to the track is not too bad for a day's fun.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by MovingViolation
Is that true? If so thats crazy. Might as well try running since your goin to jail either way.
Only one problem with that..... you might end up dead.

I know what it's like to street race for sure. We did as young men at a controlled location. Not that it was a good thing. Just young men trying out there wings. I wish there was a place we could go that was open 24 hours to try our stuff out. I have often thought of this however, never found the means. Even yesterday, I found myself fighting the temptation and I am twice as old as most of the young guys on here. I drag at the track however, there is always that guy on the street I want to show up. Yesterday, a guy in a S10 probably with a V8 in it pulled up next to me at the light. I decided to let him take off first. He didn't he was waiting for me. The the passenger flicked a smoke on my hood. I wanted to get out and kick the s#!t out of him. With my luck I would have ended up in jail. So, I held back put a car between his car and mine and sat there until he was gone. I felt like such a wimp but knew it was the smart thing to do. I would rather have blown his S10 away but that would have given him the control / power. I wasn't going to do that.
The Firebird I was driving would have done it and that was why he wanted to race I am sure. But, after reading this story, I am so glad I didn't do it.

This is the time of year the cops are out there to keep the roads safer. You have a lot of old people that don't know how to drive with quick reflex young people. It causes a lot of trouble.

I would like to thank the poster for sharing. It might just keep a few of us from getting tickets this year.

Thanks again,

juliosuburban

Last edited by Z_Driver; 11-29-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:19 PM
ClaytonC01

highest ive gotten was $763.50 in one stop, took it to court and got out of everything though..
Old 11-29-2005, 02:20 PM
cessna

Originally Posted by mecinoid
Someone else might be too....
Old 11-29-2005, 02:24 PM
FileTitan

Buddy and I were heading to school, (he was speeding) we got pulled over for going 103 miles an hour, court date came and my friend was fined $1750 for driving over 100 miles a hour, this all took place in (CA, L.A)
Old 11-29-2005, 03:31 PM
trey.hutcheson

So what it's an hour and a half away. We've got a local 1/8th mile track roughly 45 miles away, almost an hour with traffic. It's T&T nights are Thursdays. I've run down that track about 45 times.

We've got another 1/4 track about 90 minutes away. I've gone down that track over 30 times.

So you have to drive to get there? What's the big deal?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:21 PM
GhostFace

Originally Posted by MovingViolation
Is that true? If so thats crazy. Might as well try running since your goin to jail either way.

yeah its true, there was a big article about it in my newspaper saying it just got passed
Old 11-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by Nowell
I wouldn't mind paying tickets if they used that money to invest in a track that would be free to the public, and all hours. The whole problem with street racing is that there aren't many places young people can go an open up their cars without paying a ton of money, or only being allowed at certian time, when its convienent for the track.

All in all, I think this has been an ongoing problem since close to the invention of the automobile. Look back to our parents days racing the old 32 coupes. They could barely afford the parts, and gas, did all their own labor, and the one way to show off and be proud of their work, and/or test themselves was to race. They didn't have money to go to a sanctioned track, they went to lonely piece of blacktop and went at it. They were proud of what they had built, and rightly so. The siutation is still the same, the cars are different.

While I don't condone street racing, I certainly see why it happens. Do you think there would be as much of it, if there happened to be a "24/7" free track? I don't think so.

Anyway, I guess im just dreaming, it will never happen, kids will conitnue to street race. Our kids will do it, and so will theirs. Its a problem compounded by society and economic standing.

Well, ill stop now, im blabbering. I just hope to someday own an old airfield, close to a large city where I can let kids run how and when then want. Give them safty, and support, but don't rape them financially, so they can show off the time and effort they put into a hobby they love.
I'm with you on this one. I only wish we could do it and keep the cost down under $20 a car. The problem is the insurance and safety measures that would need to be taken. It is an impossible job ...... but it can be done.
The question is HOW ????

Do you LLC it so that you are not liable. Then you just lose the land each time. Or what? It does need to be easy to access on the weekends and at least a couple nights a week for the kid / adults. I would love this myself.

And of course it can't be more than an hour from my house. That would all make sense. Why can't we make this happen?

Old 11-30-2005, 06:35 AM
sanf

i feel bad for the SRT who got a tic of 1k for nothing. lol. anyway. which highway were you guys ripping up?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Sully

Im very suprised u didnt get arrested, esp here in Mass. I got lit up last week, Friday after Thanksgiving. I was at Home Depot off of 93N, i pulled onto the highway and was on the highway going N for only .8 miles, because i was getting off at the next exit. Took the off ramp, and low-and-behold the blue lights..

He "Clocked & Estimated" me doing 75 in a 55mph. Mind you i was only on the highway for .8 miles, and in right lane behind traffic getting off at my exit. I was doing NO MORE then 60-65mph. He gave me a line of bs about how he had to "drift around car and the corner of the off ramp to catch me" YES he said Drift, i wanted to laugh but.. He also fed me a line about how my "DOWNPIPE" was over 4 inches.. Once he said this, i was like WTF in my head, and knew he didnt know anything.. but also knew it would be fruitless to argue.

Either way, i now have a $200 ticket, for "75mph++ in a 55MPH zone" .. Funny thing, in the description, he wrote "Has to excel to over 90+mph to pull over" ... So basically the Statie had to pull some Initial D type **** to pull me over doing 60mph. What a beauty.

I plan on fighting it..

--

Side note: Dude, Id never race on Mass roads.. Why dont u just wait till Epping NED opens in the Spring?!?!? Safe, No Tickets, Legal!

Sull
Old 11-30-2005, 07:49 AM
ht4

Originally Posted by mecinoid
+1... or kill someone else.

This guy has obviously not been paying attention to current events.

Learn from others' mistakes.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 AM
Blake350z

Your never suppose to admit anything to a cop no matter what.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:56 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Blake350z
Your never suppose to admit anything to a cop no matter what.

He didn't unless we are all cops!

Old 11-30-2005, 08:01 AM
Blake350z

i got pulled over doing 85+ in a 35mph zone and got off cause u gotta act dumb and say some random shi* like there was guys yelling at me and calling me a rich ***** and got scared cause they were drunk and i tried to get home as fast as possible. Works everytime. muahahaha

Quick Reply: $1025 Ticket!!!