Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

$1025 Ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:26 AM
xephiron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, better than **** to those ignorant people. The problem is they have no repercussions. They can give out 100 tickets a day and I am sure "statistically" only 5% will actually show up for court. That mean 95% of them will willingly pay their hard earned money like a tax to the city/county etc. Say all 5 of those who went to court actually got out of the ticket... they are supposed to feel lucky I guess? Even though they had the public embarrassment of getting pulled over coupled with 2 days off from work to fight the case. And if they are innocent, then there is a problem. Start making cops pay the exact same fine when their ticket doesn't stick. Fire them when 5 get thrown out in 1 month. Repercussions... they don't exist. We just get screwed.

and THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Use your radar gun. Better yet, go bust a crack-head raping my little sister or something. You give yourselves bad names.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:47 PM
sillyhenwee

gives a whole new meaning to "being in the wrong place at the wrong time"
Old 11-27-2005, 01:09 PM
KwanZito

Originally Posted by godmans
guys..
before you all flame on him, i guess you should all see that he clearly says that he was NOT racing..
Well, he WAS street racing, just not at the time he was caught by the cop.

from his original post:
"We had a few runs, on a local strip, and we then decided to go to another scene about 10 minutes away."
Old 11-27-2005, 05:14 PM
MovingViolation

Originally Posted by GhostFace
lol thats not really bad...1025

california just got a set of new laws....street racing now carries a minimum sentence of 30 days in jail
Is that true? If so thats crazy. Might as well try running since your goin to jail either way.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by KwanZito
Well, he WAS street racing, just not at the time he was caught by the cop.

from his original post:
"We had a few runs, on a local strip, and we then decided to go to another scene about 10 minutes away."
I'm going to give the original poster the benefit of doubt by interpreting the local strip as a drag strip on private property.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:26 PM
cessna

Originally Posted by Polo08816
I'm going to give the original poster the benefit of doubt by interpreting the local strip as a drag strip on private property.
+1!

Maby he was on his way to the next drag strip???
Old 11-27-2005, 06:45 PM
lilaznxboi08

dannng 1g
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 PM
trey.hutcheson

Originally Posted by xephiron
lol, better than **** to those ignorant people. The problem is they have no repercussions. They can give out 100 tickets a day and I am sure "statistically" only 5% will actually show up for court. That mean 95% of them will willingly pay their hard earned money like a tax to the city/county etc. Say all 5 of those who went to court actually got out of the ticket... they are supposed to feel lucky I guess? Even though they had the public embarrassment of getting pulled over coupled with 2 days off from work to fight the case. And if they are innocent, then there is a problem. Start making cops pay the exact same fine when their ticket doesn't stick. Fire them when 5 get thrown out in 1 month. Repercussions... they don't exist. We just get screwed.

and THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Use your radar gun. Better yet, go bust a crack-head raping my little sister or something. You give yourselves bad names.
Dude, you've got some anger, and more importantly, responsibility and maturity problems.

I see street racing all the time. And every time I do, I call the cops, complete with tag numbers. I live in a neighborhood out in Alabaster where kids run through all the time, and I've personally almost been hit, just checking my mail, twice by punks following each other.

I hope you find me sometime in hoover or the other 'burbs, and try to start some ****. I'm down with the popo.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Eiso

look...for admiting speeding for 100 over a 55 zone. The judge will not dismiss your drag race ticket since drag race ticket is only given under a circumstance like you did that night. in short, admitting speeding that much contribute you to admitting the drag race too.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:19 AM
juliosuburban

Getting a good lawyer, and I'm going to fight the ticket. To close the thread off, I NEVER ADMITTED ANYTHING TO THE COP!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:49 AM
Tribal Dragon

You made your bed. Now be prepared to sleep in it.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:06 AM
paulsmansfield

you were street racing earlier and planned to do some more when you arrived at your destination.

You deserve to go to prision and get your *** opened up
Old 11-28-2005, 06:36 AM
ML2000

Man that Sux, hope everything works out.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:18 AM
jcandas

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting story.

Sorry you have to pay a fine, consider it cheap compared to totalling your car, or worse, injuring someone else because you decided to break the law on a public road.

Don't get me wrong, I have driven fast most of my life and have paid a lot of money because of it. But the one thing that strikes me about the responses to the original posts, are the people who are making it seem like it is a game to try and act dumb to what laws you have broken, in hopes of not having to face the consequences. Accountability will serve you well, it will bring respect from the people that matter most.

By all means protect yourself from false accusations, but think about it, you were going 100MPH in a 55MPH zone on a public road. You are putting people ( not just yourself ) at danger since the road is open to the public. By having more than yourself involved, you are helping create a dangerous atmosphere in public. It is like the "mob" mentality in riots. People figure if everyone else is doing it, than they aren't liable for there actions. By choosing to continue to break the law ( with the two other vehicles ) the officer was probably justified to give you the extra penalty. You could have chosen another time when you were alone to drive fast, but instead, you chose to drive with others. Remeber, it is always a choice to break the law.

Believe me, I wouldn't be happy about the situation if it had happened to me. But I wouldn't act like I didn't choose to do it myself.

The good news is that generally you can get your fines/penalties reduced if you go to court, but not to trial. The inspection/seatbelt thing will probably get suspended, but you might not be able to go to traffic school (if they offer that in Mass) because of the excessive speed.

Good luck, hopefully you will choose a better place to race, like maybe a track or private road.

One more thing, glad that nobody was hurt or anything broken : )
Old 11-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

I wouldn't mind paying tickets if they used that money to invest in a track that would be free to the public, and all hours. The whole problem with street racing is that there aren't many places young people can go an open up their cars without paying a ton of money, or only being allowed at certian time, when its convienent for the track.

All in all, I think this has been an ongoing problem since close to the invention of the automobile. Look back to our parents days racing the old 32 coupes. They could barely afford the parts, and gas, did all their own labor, and the one way to show off and be proud of their work, and/or test themselves was to race. They didn't have money to go to a sanctioned track, they went to lonely piece of blacktop and went at it. They were proud of what they had built, and rightly so. The siutation is still the same, the cars are different.

While I don't condone street racing, I certainly see why it happens. Do you think there would be as much of it, if there happened to be a "24/7" free track? I don't think so.

Anyway, I guess im just dreaming, it will never happen, kids will conitnue to street race. Our kids will do it, and so will theirs. Its a problem compounded by society and economic standing.

Well, ill stop now, im blabbering. I just hope to someday own an old airfield, close to a large city where I can let kids run how and when then want. Give them safty, and support, but don't rape them financially, so they can show off the time and effort they put into a hobby they love.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Looking to hire a lawyer for the court date
hehehehe...how much it will cost to hire a laywer?
Old 11-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I got a ticket for doing 65 in a 40... which I was only doing 50 and for expired tags. The expired tags I admitted to but I am going to appeal the speeding ticket.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:46 PM
jomaxum

Wait until you get your next insurance renewal, the traffic tickets will be the least of your worries; besides you did a stupid thing. Be smart and don't be stupid again, it might just save your life.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
KwanZito

Originally Posted by Polo08816
HAHA possibly, but I doubt it.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:16 PM
KwanZito

Originally Posted by Nowell
I wouldn't mind paying tickets if they used that money to invest in a track that would be free to the public, and all hours. The whole problem with street racing is that there aren't many places young people can go an open up their cars without paying a ton of money, or only being allowed at certian time, when its convienent for the track.
You bring up an interesting point, and while I would love for this to be the case, I have to completely dissagree with it. I'll play devils advocate here;

The laws are in place and apply to everyone in the interest of keeping everyone safe (and sure, create revenue for the municipality, etc etc but that's not the point really). To assert that the (local) government should buy land, pay for development of that land, and pay a staff of admin / workers / and safety personell to create an environment just because YOU CANT OPERATE WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE SAME LAWS THAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO DEAL WITH is just assinine.

The burden falls squarely on you, the speed enthusiast, to create such environment, and to think that anyone else should have to pay for it except those who wish to use it is unfair and self centered.

Again, don't get me wrong, I'd love a place where I could show up any time and race free of charge. And by no means am I calling you assinine or self centered....im just making a point because i've heard this idea thrown around a number of times.

Everyone around here talks about how they would love to have a place where they could go to race their cars. They whine and complain about how the cops are always harrasing them, and if there was only somewhere for people like us to go, we wouldn't have any of these problems. Well guess what, WE HAD THAT PLACE, AND IT SHUT DOWN? Why? Because it didn't make any money, BECAUSE NOBODY WENT! Now we really have nowhere to go, and people still act like they weren't given a chance to create this place they dream of where cars are allowed to go fast. I think people just like to have something to complain about, but when they are asked to do something out of the realm of their normal day-to-day bs, that's way too much. It's easier to play Monday-morning quarterback.

anyway that's just my $.02

Quick Reply: $1025 Ticket!!!