Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Looking to sell my M3 and get into a G35c or Z....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Will Pwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha...yes Ive been lurking that thread...its very very influential

Yeah...thanks everyone..it seems to be that the Z would be more suiting and though the G offers a bit more plushness that Im used to, I know I can deal..especially since the Z has a decent amount of ammenities that I would want..hell it offer more than some of what my past Supras offered in ammenities as well...
Old 11-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by fiddyBOY
PM sent brotha.
Thanks got it..ill reply shortly
Old 11-30-2005, 12:35 AM
JunJTan

M3 is my next car if i am lucky. I love the quality and badge. but i still love my z because it's worthy, but impractical.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:48 AM
BlackSpec02

I will so trade you outright for my supercharged Z.... I will even get the body work done for you.

I guess you could call me an M3 fanboy.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:05 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad BMW's reliabilty rating has been slipping to the bottom according to Consumer Reports. BMW used to be on top, now they are near the bottom for the past 5 years. What is "quality" when their reliabilty rating is down the toilet?

Here is an example: http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/a...o_reliability/

Scroll down to the sedan list. Notice all the least reliable cars are Europeans manufactures. Now look at the most reliable list, Notice not even One is Euroupean. So much for Quality when you don't have reliabilty, you'd think both would go hand in hand.

Originally Posted by JunJTan
M3 is my next car if i am lucky. I love the quality and badge. but i still love my z because it's worthy, but impractical.

Last edited by ZlleH; 11-30-2005 at 05:08 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:33 AM
Act of God

I refuse to pay $35,000 for a 2002 M3 with no warranty. Hopefully when the new model comes out the E46 prices will come back to planet earth. I decided to get the 350z in the meantime.

I need a white M3 with black leather, 6 speed....droooooool. However, a sweet daytona blue 350z is holding me over just fine until then.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Forrest80

half you guys are nuts, i keep hearing if i had the money id get a m3.

If i had the money id get a corvette for the same price. I never get why people will pay more to get less. key word less.

In my eyes i dont even know why the bmw m3 exists, if something out performs it and costs the same, there is no reason for it to exist?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:26 PM
konaforever

Then why don't you own an SRT-4? Oh, the irony.

Originally Posted by Forrest80

If i had the money id get a corvette for the same price. I never get why people will pay more to get less. key word less.

In my eyes i dont even know why the bmw m3 exists, if something out performs it and costs the same, there is no reason for it to exist?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:55 PM
thawk408

There is something called a class factor...M3>Vette. The M3 exist becuase it was built to race...pure and simple. The only reason that bmw ever produced the M3 was so they can race it. A good example is the e30 M3 Evo II, which they only produced 501 models (you need 500 production models to race the car).
Old 11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Act of God

The M3 is just a really nice car. It has good power (333hp), handles like its on rails, and looks sexy as hell. The interior is comfortable and looks very good with the Nav.

Like pointed out above, why would you get a vette then? You can just get a camaro and supercharge it.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:50 PM
BlackSpec02

Originally Posted by konaforever
+1

I would take an M3 any day... f- the corvette... even the c6, yeah its fast, but only old guys drive corvettes... plus i just dont like domestic cars at all.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
teamsixm3

So is this why you haven't been on M3forums.com ....

NOOO WILL don't sell it. The money you'll be saving on monthly payments will just go towards you modding the Z or G35. Its just an excuse you use to try and justify getting ANOTHER car for the wifey and you know it hahaha jk. Seriously though, I don't think you'll be saving much, if anything at all from swapping cars...the Z begs to be modified and modified HARD. But if you do decide to sell still, how about handing over them black floor mats... hah

Does this forum not allow picture sigs?

Last edited by teamsixm3; 11-30-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:37 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by Will Pwr
haha...I wish I didnt let it go 10.9@129mph...its hard to get that same feeling again haha....

Hopefull with a FI Z and some work, Ill get close to that again
ahh so close to freedom
Old 11-30-2005, 03:40 PM
hypeiv

to each his own... I wouldn't say a c6 vette is to the M3 as the SRT4 is the Z. Its not like the c6 vette is a fwd car or something. The M3 is really nice but I think german cars are a little overpriced across the board... I think I will stick with Japanese cars till I make more money
Old 11-30-2005, 04:04 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
+1

I would take an M3 any day... f- the corvette... even the c6, yeah its fast, but only old guys drive corvettes... plus i just dont like domestic cars at all.
Yep and those old guys driving those stock C6 Z06's will spank your stock Z/G/M3 on a road race, drag race or any other performance/track event.

You might not like domestics but as far as raw performance, you need a reality check. Dont let your prejudices blind you of the performance level of the new Z06, it is in the super car territory.

Now if it is only looks you are after, that is debatable which looks better.

Last edited by zland; 11-30-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:15 PM
BlackSpec02

Originally Posted by zland
Yep and those old guys driving those stock C6 Z06's will spank your stock Z/G/M3 on a road race, drag race or any other performance/track event.

You might not like domestics but as far as raw performance, you need a reality check. Dont let your prejudices blind you of the performance level of the new Z06, it is in the super car territory.

Now if it is only looks you are after, that is debatable which looks better.
Im full aware of its potential and that even my car as it sits would get spanked by a c6, i dont need any kind of reality check... but for the same reason we all chose z's over whatever else and for the reason people buy m3's instead of vettes... its personal preference... i dont like domestic cars, i prefer imports. I also like to take pride in my car as most here do, which may entail a little smack talk here and there

You're a Z owner, so you know.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Yep I know and I cant wait to slap a Turbo on my Z to keep up with those "other" old farts!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:51 PM
konaforever

Originally Posted by hypeiv
to each his own... I wouldn't say a c6 vette is to the M3 as the SRT4 is the Z. Its not like the c6 vette is a fwd car or something. The M3 is really nice but I think german cars are a little overpriced across the board... I think I will stick with Japanese cars till I make more money

I'm not saying it's quite like that, but there is more to a car than straight performance numbers.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Forrest80

The irony is if the srt-4 was RWD i just might have gotten it, but it was FWD and i kept hearing all the problems with the engine, wires, leaks from all the other owners so i said screw that i dont want to have problems all the time.

Plus you dont get more for less in the srt-4 compared to a Z

Lets compare a 20k srt-4 FWD and the dealer WILL NOT move on the price, trust me he woudlnt move i asked him ok lets deal and he said deal and laughed at me, so i left.

Or $26,761! for a brand new 2005 PPW Enthuiast AT 350z, you do the math, and tell me who did the no brainer. I got more for a bit more.

If i choose a vette over a m3 i come out the winner yet again, so you tell me where the irony is.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:25 AM
konaforever

The irony is if the srt-4 was RWD i just might have gotten it, but it was FWD and i kept hearing all the problems with the engine, wires, leaks from all the other owners so i said screw that i dont want to have problems all the time.

Plus you dont get more for less in the srt-4 compared to a Z

Lets compare a 20k srt-4 FWD and the dealer WILL NOT move on the price, trust me he woudlnt move i asked him ok lets deal and he said deal and laughed at me, so i left.

Or $26,761! for a brand new 2005 PPW Enthuiast AT 350z, you do the math, and tell me who did the no brainer. I got more for a bit more.

If i choose a vette over a m3 i come out the winner yet again, so you tell me where the irony is.

The only thing you get more of in a Vette is performance. You don't have a backseat or usable trunk. You don't get the same fit, finish and quality of materials.

How is that more for less?

Quick Reply: Looking to sell my M3 and get into a G35c or Z....