Sponsored by:

question for young Z owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Forbidden Donut
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for young Z owners

I recently wrecked my Z. I dont want to go into the details of it, but the car is pretty messed up. The cost repairing it will be really high, so either I will have to buy a new one or repair this.

My question for the young Z owners is what kind of work did u do to buy your car? I remember somebody posted something about theur 17 year old friend who made 30 grand a year by working at a pharmacy. if u read this, can u tell me how she qualified for the job?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. If anyone has an idea of types of jobs i can get that are better than minimum wage that would be nice.

And please nobody post about how my dad got me the Z and i didnt deserve to have it in the first place and all that crap that ppl always tell me on this website. There are a few specific members that always tell me that stuff, but now I am going to work just like everyone else for my Z, so please dont give me a hard time.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:21 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no insurance?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:22 PM
tree phidday

Well I was working at a Japanese restuarant making 'bout $1.2k every 2 weeks, so that definately helped me out. I would suggest working at a nice restuarant as a waiter if you're still young and in school. Waiter jobs are the best jobs for a student in a sense, ya know? Right now I'm working with American Medical Response as an ambulance driver making 'bout $35k a year. By next year I'll be an EMT making probably $5k more each year. Then once I'm a firefighter, hopefully by April, I'll be making about $45k-$50k a year. I'm only 20 right now, so I would suggest getting a head start on the career that you wanna go into. That's how I'm paying for my Z. It's definately hard work though, nothing comes easy nowadays. Being a waiter brings about $3.25 an hour minimum wage, but considering how social you are 'n if the patrons are nice people, you make mad cash in tips. Just my suggestions. Better than working at a fast fod restuarant or being a paperboy in a supermarket ya know?

Edit: Bi-weekly $1.2k. I just got out of EMT class, I hafta wake up too early.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why would you try to maintain a Z with a minimum wage job? Not the brightest idea imo, not to mention leave no room for errors, such as this that will without a doubt raise your insurance. Good luck....

+1 to find a serving job at a fancy/nice restaurant = great tips
Old 12-08-2005, 12:34 PM
ClaytonC01

not surprised you wrecked with some of your previous posts..
Old 12-08-2005, 12:54 PM
EynonPower

Well, i'm assuming your looking for a job that you can do while still in high school, or don't need a college education for?

One summer in college I couldn't find an internship, so I ended up working for 6-8 hours a day at a trucking terminal, loading and unloading truck. It was hot as all hell, but I made $14 an hour doing so. For this, you need to be in some kind of good physical shape, as your going to be pulling pallets that weigh up to 1 ton.

Internships pay kind of well for being in college. I was getting $10 an hour doing that. Yeah, I could make more, but I got a great job now thanks to that. Its all about putting yourself out there and networking like that.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:01 PM
rbfd

I was in sales and recently became an entrepenuer (sp). Sales is where the money is, owning the sales team is where the fortune is. Go find your self a good sales job, cell phone stores are great sales starts with high commision pay outs. Good example, when i was 18 i was bringing home as much as $8,000 a month (December) and averaging $4-5k. But stay out of debt cuz it will drag you down fast.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:04 PM
TheBingo15

Yes....become a waiter I did that when I went to school. If you are good you can make ok money (250.00 cash a night) I would suggest saving your money though. If you have CASH you have alot more opportunities to make real money. I will make probly an extra 75k this year on the side from real estate investments without lifting a finger. Living big is fun but expect to work your whole life, but dont listen to me I am just a 24 yr old punk *** kid.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 960 Likes on 725 Posts

pizza delivery..in the Z. do a search youll find a pic of it.

but seriously, dont buy another Z, youre just gonna raise my insurance. no wonder you dad wanted you to keep it under 65 or whatever.

glad youre ok, go drive a honduh.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:22 PM
abyss

When I was 16 I started working in a Kraft underground warehouse after school, I slowly worked my way up last month while on medical leave I was offered a job a job dispatching with 30% commission of a 5 million dollar a year contract that I helped them land. If job works out after 1 year I'll earn 45% of earnings after drivers assigned to me are paid. I turned 20 in may so I'll be really excited if this goes full fledge. Great news is the way they are setup since I'm still on medical leave I'll be able to setup a system to work out of the house. Start small and work your way up with work experience, greatest thing I was ever taught.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Sirrus

+1 on Pizza Delivery (or other restaurants)...but in a beater...not the Z...makes a car smell like bananas (?!)

also Valet ...there are companies that get hired out for parties, etc.

both jobs make $12 - $20 an hour here in Orange County, CA
Old 12-08-2005, 01:25 PM
halitosis

Hmm.. I am "young" being 24 but I would not have attempted to buy a Z with a min-wage job. That's just not financially responsible. Had you attemped to finance this yourself, you would have been denied.

Hard to say in your situation. I am lucky enough to easily afford the Z on my own while young so I would say this is a question of income - not age.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:26 PM
halitosis

suggestion: sell hard-drugs and look into off-shore accounts.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:49 PM
jtekk

i use to work at a japanese restaurant as a waiter like the guy has posted above... with tip you make pretty good money.. get at least $200 when the night is good in tips... but now i work at a bodyshop my uncles friend owns as a auto body painter... making decent money but doing something i enjoy... i still make some side cash as a street pharmacist..
Old 12-08-2005, 01:54 PM
msmary

I'm 17 and work a $8.50 an hour job to pay off my Z. It's hard work but everytime I see my car, I feel good about myself.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
iceman21_23

wait isn't this the kid that his dad put the speed limiter on his car?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:23 PM
DeeZ

Originally Posted by iceman21_23
wait isn't this the kid that his dad put the speed limiter on his car?

i think so!..lmao im sorry but thats just too funny
Old 12-08-2005, 02:27 PM
halitosis

Originally Posted by msmary
I'm 17 and work a $8.50 an hour job to pay off my Z. It's hard work but everytime I see my car, I feel good about myself.
Eh? At 40hr/week that is about $1400 or $1000 after tax! Is it nice living with parents?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Forbidden Donut
Banned

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
pizza delivery..in the Z. do a search youll find a pic of it.

but seriously, dont buy another Z, youre just gonna raise my insurance. no wonder you dad wanted you to keep it under 65 or whatever.

glad youre ok, go drive a honduh.
screw u buddy. FYI the accident was the other guys fault, which is stated in the police report, but his insurance refused to pay.

Quick Reply: question for young Z owners