Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

question for young Z owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Forbidden Donut
I recently wrecked my Z. I dont want to go into the details of it, but the car is pretty messed up. The cost repairing it will be really high, so either I will have to buy a new one or repair this.

My question for the young Z owners is what kind of work did u do to buy your car? I remember somebody posted something about theur 17 year old friend who made 30 grand a year by working at a pharmacy. if u read this, can u tell me how she qualified for the job?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. If anyone has an idea of types of jobs i can get that are better than minimum wage that would be nice.

And please nobody post about how my dad got me the Z and i didnt deserve to have it in the first place and all that crap that ppl always tell me on this website. There are a few specific members that always tell me that stuff, but now I am going to work just like everyone else for my Z, so please dont give me a hard time.
jou=pwned!1
Old 12-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Swiffer

on a more serious note...go to school and get a degree
Old 12-08-2005, 06:58 PM
ClaytonC01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and on an even more serious note, dont drive like an idiot, purchase a chevy aveo, and work your a$$ off to pay for that + insurance on it. dont let daddy support you anymore. heed my advice and youll get a sense of reality and in a few years, maybe youll be ready for a Z..
Old 12-08-2005, 07:38 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

if i was in this guy's shoes i would want a bit more support from this board. i know he's a bit immature, and 50% of his posts are street racing and talking about how he wants to go fast blah blah. well the fact is that he's got a totalled Z.

listen, man. if this guy hit you, and you filed a police report, and he admits fault, this should be over in a matter of minutes. i assume you got ALL of his insurance info as well as personal info?

i would call your insurance agent (#'s on your card) and explain what happened. usually he will then have you see a claims adjuster and they will estimate the damage and then contact the other guy's insurance to start a claim. trust me...if it was his fault, they will pay. if they dont, grab a good lawyer and go to court. is this some small podunk family-run insurance company, or something like Allstate? either way, they are at fault and need to pay. period. call a lawyer.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:43 PM
dainbramage91

I'm 21 and I sell cars to make a living.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:45 PM
ClaytonC01

well im not really trying to be an a$$hole, but the kid obviously doesnt respect his father nor is he grateful for what he has/had.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:52 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sue! People that like to scam, think they can get away all the time. Let them know this is their last time. Get a lawyer.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
drumminguy81

im 19 i just bought my z today.. i work at best buy makin 9.50/hr from my calculations i should be able to get by alright... though i do live with my parents.. so that helps alot.. i guess well see how things go cause i havnt made my first payment yet..
Old 12-09-2005, 04:58 AM
fireballtaft

I'm 19 and am a firefighter/emt...seems to get me by comfortably, but i also rent an apartment with some room mates so not much of a house payment. The firefighting schedule, work 24 hours, off 48 hours leaves time for any additional schooling you would desire to attend.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:05 AM
Swiffer

Originally Posted by dumminguy81
im 19 i just bought my z today.. i work at best buy makin 9.50/hr from my calculations i should be able to get by alright... though i do live with my parents.. so that helps alot.. i guess well see how things go cause i havnt made my first payment yet..
With the amount your currently making, your bringing home roughly $14,424 a year (after taxes). This breaks down to $1202 per month. I'm not sure how you're going to be able to afford this car making that much money without living at home (which I wouldnt want to do for very long).

-400 car payment
-600 rent
-100 utilities
-50 phone
-100 cable/internet
-150 retirement
-120 food
-100 gas
-150 car insurance
-75 health insurance
-150 entertainment

By using these default expenses, you are going to be in debt $793 each month. I dont know why all of you young guys buy a car without taking into consideration all of these factors. Especially since you already are doubting yourself because you havent even made a payment yet
Old 12-09-2005, 05:06 AM
SOCAL350

Originally Posted by camaro194
on a more serious note...go to school and get a degree
+1

Invest in yourself and the toys will come down the line.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Zendem

Forbidden I admire the fact that you want to pay for your Z this time, but to be honest you should take this as a sign that you just arent ready for a z right now...I see a lot of posts of you betting on races and have a couple of threads that make it seem like you were kind of reckless with the car.But if you have to buy the car and really really want it then you should work 2 eady jobs...there is no other way around it because minimum wage wont cover your downpayment, insurance, and the 600 bucks a month
Old 12-09-2005, 08:31 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're young and can only afford to work part time, being a waiter is the way to go. Year and a half ago I started off as waiter at a sushi bar, part-time, and got myself an Altima. I moved up as sushi chef this year, part-time, and got myself a Z.
Waiter is guarenteed $2000+ a month (more in my case)
Perfect for student jobs.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Blake350z

20yrs old. Website designer. The Z's paid off next year. Spent over 10k on the Z so far. Living at home still. Buying a 2003-04 Navigator next fall or so for the winter.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:46 AM
xcolt45

Work for a lawncare business... or at a place that gets quick tips.. like washing and detailing cars.. that should do...

my friend makes a lot doing that..
I don't have any #'s for ya... but the money comes from tips...

-Colt
Old 12-09-2005, 08:54 AM
tree phidday

Originally Posted by fireballtaft
I'm 19 and am a firefighter/emt...seems to get me by comfortably, but i also rent an apartment with some room mates so not much of a house payment. The firefighting schedule, work 24 hours, off 48 hours leaves time for any additional schooling you would desire to attend.
Nice, where are you stationed at? How is it up in Daytona, any crazy fires? Hopefully I'l be hired by April. This whole hiring process is killing me, with AMR 'n EMT class all at the same time, but by next Feb I'll be a certified EMT.

But back to the topic at hand, I didn't know this was the kid who was complaining about having a 65 mph govener installed on his Z by his dad. Treat your car like a weapon, not a toy. I'm not throwing blame on ya, but this is just a hard lesson learned. Also, if the insurance of the guy at fault refuses to pay, sue 'em. Then, with the money that you win, buy a civic and get a job. Get out into the real world and actually experience what it feels like to work for something you really want instead of having it given to you.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:43 AM
jsimms243

I am 21, 22 this month. I work for a southeastern grocery company. I am an assistant manager. They pay pretty well... probably not the road most people want to go down, but that's what I'm in right now!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:04 AM
buho62

Originally Posted by halitosis
suggestion: sell hard-drugs and look into off-shore accounts.
Or find yourself a pimp
Old 12-09-2005, 11:10 AM
fireballtaft

[QUOTE=tree phidday]Nice, where are you stationed at? How is it up in Daytona, any crazy fires? Hopefully I'l be hired by April. This whole hiring process is killing me, with AMR 'n EMT class all at the same time, but by next Feb I'll be a certified EMT.

I'm actually in ormond, its a little quiter, but still has some awesome calls and fires....Good luck with getting hired, its the best job in the world...uber job? j/k...one more thing..take the FESS test if its offered down there, if you don't know what it is don't worry about it, but if you come up north in daytona area then definitely find out about it and take it..once again good luck.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:14 AM
nlsqba

Originally Posted by Lemans350
I had to search back to see what everyone was talking about!

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....1&page=1&pp=20

maybe his speed-limiter voided the insurance contract

you just cant add off-road, not approved devices.... like that

Quick Reply: question for young Z owners