Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i'm seriously considering selling my z

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:51 PM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove the STi, and even though it was fast, it just didn't do it for me.
I never regretted going with the Z.
Even though it's not faster, it was more fun to drive.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:52 PM
MagicPie

Originally Posted by imseksy
prepare to see your p|_|ssy stock decrease when you get the sti =)

the sti will impress the guys, but you wont see a girl eyeing your car. So I'll be happy to take em with my Z
Unless your into guys then you get the best of both worlds j/k
Old 12-12-2005, 07:04 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

STI...NO WAY!!! Please reconsider. That car is an ugly box. Definitely not worth it. I would rather turbo my Z if I wanted more speed.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:13 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by dragon11689
STI...NO WAY!!! Please reconsider. That car is an ugly box. Definitely not worth it. I would rather turbo my Z if I wanted more speed.
i like the way a black sti with gold wheels looks. I would also rather turbo my z, however i dont have the money to do that. I like that fact that bolt ons actually make power with the sti.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:18 PM
ZlleH

Go for it and sell your 350Z. It's a cycle, you will trade it in or sell the Z so another car lover that appreciates the Z can get it for less off then buying a new Z.

I just see it as someone who has an eye on another car handing it off to another guy who really wants a 350Z.

No big loss here, you just made some guy who has the love for a Z a better deal then buying it new. While you have moved on to an... um... well, you just get to move on
Old 12-12-2005, 08:21 PM
oman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude dont be a *****! Buy an STI and have fun in a 4door 4cylinder car, THe Z is way sexier then a freakin subaru, If you want an STI buy it and go grocery shopping and help your friends move on the weekends cause you have alll that room , NEWS FLASH 4 DOOr CARS ARE NOT SPORTS CARS!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:42 PM
___DJK___

Originally Posted by oman
Dude dont be a *****! Buy an STI and have fun in a 4door 4cylinder car, THe Z is way sexier then a freakin subaru, If you want an STI buy it and go grocery shopping and help your friends move on the weekends cause you have alll that room , NEWS FLASH 4 DOOr CARS ARE NOT SPORTS CARS!!!!
Thanks for contributing to the message board.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
hypeiv

please do it... no one likes you oh master of flame wars...

but seriously unless you sell your Z private party and buy the STI private party you will most likely lose too much on the trade. (so much that you may as well spend that money modding the Z). But you got to get what you like and AWD and a car that already has a turbo is completely different from the Z.

I too have decided that the Z is too expensive for me to mod right now and sometimes I look at other cars that I could afford to make faster and I kind of wish I had them even though they may not be the same kind of head turner the Z is; I just tell myself the Z is saving me money in some twisted way by making me keep it stock and I also benefit from higher reliability.

I think my next car will be something I can afford to mod or maybe I might even get an older truck as my daily driver and pick up something that I can mod to heck and back but not be stranded if the worst happens. However I really need to hold on to my Z for another year or three to get the full value out of it.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:02 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by hypeiv
please do it... no one likes you oh master of flame wars...

but seriously unless you sell your Z private party and buy the STI private party you will most likely lose too much on the trade. (so much that you may as well spend that money modding the Z). But you got to get what you like and AWD and a car that already has a turbo is completely different from the Z.

I too have decided that the Z is too expensive for me to mod right now and sometimes I look at other cars that I could afford to make faster and I kind of wish I had them even though they may not be the same kind of head turner the Z is; I just tell myself the Z is saving me money in some twisted way by making me keep it stock and I also benefit from higher reliability.

I think my next car will be something I can afford to mod or maybe I might even get an older truck as my daily driver and pick up something that I can mod to heck and back but not be stranded if the worst happens. However I really need to hold on to my Z for another year or three to get the full value out of it.
you think the flame wars that i've perpetuated are bad here? I've only done one on this site, you should see the ones i do on another site.

I wont lose any money by switching cars, if i sell my z private party im looking at about 23-24k for it. I can pick up a used sti for around that amount, maybe a little more but not much.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by davidv
If the 350Z not longer fits your needs, and another vehicle does, then go for it.
If I was 20-25 again and only had one car, it probably wouldn't be a Z.
I have always had two vehicles since I was 19 so this hasn't been a problem.
I do a lot of snow sking still but, I own a '01 Pathfinder for the duty.

If I lived in the snow country and only had one car a STI would be a great choice. I would be able to go fast, go in the snow quickly, and take a couple of friends sking. So, if you can only own one car..... the STI isn't a bad choice.

I love my Pathfinder in the winter -

I love my 350Z in the rest of the time -

For me, the Z is so sexy I have to drive it most of the time. The Z is for me and my wife. The Pathfinder gets all the dirty jobs: Snow, Rain,Towing, Hauling, and taking the family out to dinner.

One of the main reason I upgraded to the 350Z from my 300ZXT is because I loved the VQ motor in the Pathfinder so much. I can tow my 21' boat behind it and my buddies that are towing can't keep up.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 12-12-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:06 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
you think the flame wars that i've perpetuated are bad here? I've only done one on this site, you should see the ones i do on another site.

I wont lose any money by switching cars, if i sell my z private party im looking at about 23-24k for it. I can pick up a used sti for around that amount, maybe a little more but not much.
lol i log on to my friends OT account... I have seen some of your work
Old 12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by mecinoid
If I was 20-25 again and only had one car, it probably wouldn't be a Z.
I am 23 and I love only having my Z. When I was in college I had a 4 door and I always had to drive to clubs/bars b/c my friends only had regular cab pick up trucks (thats texas for you). If I wanted to get drunk I had pretty much had to trust someone else to drive my car b/c it was that or force them to pick 2 other designated drivers. Now that I have a two seater I rarely get forced to drive though I alway offer to drive one of their cars if they want me to but usually they won't let me. I know its kind of lame of me but I was screwed over for years in college and now its my turn

Only problem I have had so far was when I decided to get rid of my two 21 inch crt monitors for an lcd and my brother in law in houston wanted the old monitors and I could only bring one down b/c they both wouldn't fit... the other is still sitting in my living room for the next time I go to houston
Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Z_Driver
Master

[QUOTE=EdgeOfSanity]

2. i really really wish i could do that, but its my only car and i have to drive it everyday. I'll probably change my mind once i get back from my 10 day vacation to colorado over xmas.

QUOTE]

OR Not, Having AWD on Pikes Peak would be absolutely fun-tastic !!!

My problem is I want one for Colorado, I am just not willing to give up another on of my cars to get one. Someday I will have a warehouse so that I can have all of my toys and a place to work on them.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:18 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by hypeiv
lol i log on to my friends OT account... I have seen some of your work
glad to hear it doesnt go unnoticed
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 PM
EdgeOfSanity

[QUOTE=mecinoid]
Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity

2. i really really wish i could do that, but its my only car and i have to drive it everyday. I'll probably change my mind once i get back from my 10 day vacation to colorado over xmas.

QUOTE]

OR Not, Having AWD on Pikes Peak would be absolutely fun-tastic !!!

My problem is I want one for Colorado, I am just not willing to give up another on of my cars to get one. Someday I will have a warehouse so that I can have all of my toys and a place to work on them.
i've been to the 03 and 04 pikes peak rally's. My plan was to tear *** up pikes peak after buying an sti.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 PM
taurran

Go ahead and trade it in.

By the way, the stock STI isn't THAT much faster than a stock 350z. In fact, the vq35de has much more potential for power if you want to get into modifying it. But, if you're into rally racing then definitely go for the STI.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

when i was 17 i would have been all over the sti, now im 29 and i think the sti is pretty silly. serious performance from the sti, but not enough too make up its teeny bopper look.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

Originally Posted by andyisphat2004
I think both the sti and evo look like azz and are not sporty at all.

Hahaha!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:12 PM
HighwaySpeed

delete
Old 12-13-2005, 02:48 AM
JunJTan

go for an sti if you don't like Z anymore, but don't regret it after you buy it. this is all our Z owners tried to tell you...

Quick Reply: i'm seriously considering selling my z