Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i'm seriously considering selling my z

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 01:13 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i'm seriously considering selling my z

and getting a used sti with comparable mileage. Talk me out of it, the ability to make power easily with the sti and its back seat is really tempting. The z just isnt fast enough for me anymore, and it wont be unless i spend a lot of money on fi and a few other things.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:23 PM
DeeZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just look away!!!!

how much speed do you really need? the z has a lot more than you need for everyday driving!

i can understand the back seat deal and if you have a fam then it would make a lil more sense..

but over all the z look so much better than the sti and the z has power!

plus i would never buy a sports car used!!! you dont know how the other person treaded the car.

think about it a lil more and read the many threads here about sti's and z
Old 12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by DeeZ
just look away!!!!

how much speed do you really need? the z has a lot more than you need for everyday driving!

i can understand the back seat deal and if you have a fam then it would make a lil more sense..

but over all the z look so much better than the sti and the z has power!

plus i would never buy a sports car used!!! you dont know how the other person treaded the car.

think about it a lil more and read the many threads here about sti's and z
i've been thinking about it, and any problems i would have with the sti cant be worse than what my z has put me through. Things are still breaking in my car, some i've just chosen to ignore. I dont have a family, but it would be nice to have a backseat. The lack of one has been somewhat of a pain, especially as a daily driver. The only thing that is really keeping me from doing this is the looks and feel of the z, it drives and feels like a sports car. I'm afraid i wont get the same feeling from the sti, and it will certainly attract attention that i do not want.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:49 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If the 350Z not longer fits your needs, and another vehicle does, then go for it.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Luis_23

Old 12-12-2005, 02:56 PM
HighwaySpeed

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
and getting a used sti with comparable mileage. Talk me out of it, the ability to make power easily with the sti and its back seat is really tempting. The z just isnt fast enough for me anymore, and it wont be unless i spend a lot of money on fi and a few other things.

Z = HOT

sti? lol! ugly!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:59 PM
pope

go for it. turbo cars are fun... especially to mod
Old 12-12-2005, 04:35 PM
andyisphat2004

1. Take into account the price hit you are going to take for selling your Z (depreciation).

2. Dont drive the Z for a week and then hop in it get on the highway and punch every gear to the redline.

3. Watch one of the vids of a FI Z.

I think both the sti and evo look like azz and are not sporty at all.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by andyisphat2004
1. Take into account the price hit you are going to take for selling your Z (depreciation).

2. Dont drive the Z for a week and then hop in it get on the highway and punch every gear to the redline.

3. Watch one of the vids of a FI Z.

I think both the sti and evo look like azz and are not sporty at all.
1. i wont be losing any money by doing this, i'll be selling my z for the same price i'll be buying an sti

2. i really really wish i could do that, but its my only car and i have to drive it everyday. I'll probably change my mind once i get back from my 10 day vacation to colorado over xmas.

3. Seen plenty, i wish i could justify the expense of doing it right now, but i cant. I dont have the income as a college student right now.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
NightRida

You did'nt get beat by one did you? Then you decided to get the car that beat you?
Peace!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:35 PM
bamyi

Look, you said to talk you out of it but I can't since you are NOT in the market for a sports car. The Z is hands down a sports car and was not meant to have the conveniences of a daily driver. The Z is not in the same market as the STi or Evo even though the price is comparable. If you want 4doors, get something else, no one here will flame you for that.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:38 PM
JoneZZZ

Originally Posted by davidv
If the 350Z not longer fits your needs, and another vehicle does, then go for it.
+2...
Old 12-12-2005, 05:39 PM
SFZ

Ok, I feel compelled to post in this thread since i have already done what you are contemplating doing. I had an 03 enthusiast and i traded it for an 06 STi. I was feeling the same as you, I had lightly modded my Z and it didn't feel fast, I've always loved turbo cars, the power potential, cheap speed etc. so I went in to the Subie dealer for a test drive and they let me open up a used 05 STi and run it as hard as I could. Of course, the STi felt like a rocket, out cornered and out braked my Z (I hit 125 mph on the highway with the salesman riding along; did a drop clutch launch off the on ramp and was gone...pretty cool but i digress). Point is this: the STi is like a hammer, it's a tool you can use to race or drive fast but that car has no soul, it doesn' t look as good as the Z (in my opinion) but it will out perform it. However, how often will you go beyond the capabilities of your Z and need the power, brakes, and suspensions etc of the STi? if you race, I say go for it, if it'll be your daily driver, I suggest you just enjoy the Z and mod it some. I drove from FL to Alabama on a business trip in the STi and by the time i arrived, i thought I needed a kidney transplant from the damn vibrations and harsh ride, (I made excellent time though minus the speeding ticket). Oh, and that brings me to my final point or two, you WILL get followed everywhere by the cops and they will cut you NO slack. Also, your insurance premiums will definitely go up, I'm over 30 with a good record and my Z cost about $380 every 6 months and the STi was $544.

I'm trading the STi on an 06 Z this weekend. It was an expensive mistake.

oh yeah, and chicks don't dig the STi, everywhere I went, pimply teenage boys would accoust me and drool on my windshield, at least the Z got looks from both sexes. (I dont' think my wife minded that the STi was a woman repeller though )
Old 12-12-2005, 05:45 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by NightRida
You did'nt get beat by one did you? Then you decided to get the car that beat you?
Peace!
i've never raced one and i've always liked the sti. I nearly bought one over my z but the subaru dealerships in colorado pissed me off. They acted like their car was hot **** and i didnt have enough money to buy one. They wouldnt even let me go for a ride in it with a salesman driving unless i started the paperwork to buy it. I left and went to a nissan dealer that was more than happy to sell me a z.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:47 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by bamyi
Look, you said to talk you out of it but I can't since you are NOT in the market for a sports car. The Z is hands down a sports car and was not meant to have the conveniences of a daily driver. The Z is not in the same market as the STi or Evo even though the price is comparable. If you want 4doors, get something else, no one here will flame you for that.
i do and i dont want 4 doors, its not that big of an inconveinence. I've never owned a 4 door car before anyways.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:52 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
1. i wont be losing any money by doing this, i'll be selling my z for the same price i'll be buying an sti

2. i really really wish i could do that, but its my only car and i have to drive it everyday. I'll probably change my mind once i get back from my 10 day vacation to colorado over xmas.

3. Seen plenty, i wish i could justify the expense of doing it right now, but i cant. I dont have the income as a college student right now.
1. You might want to weigh in the warranty issue. Is there any good Subaru dealerships that will take care of you? Are the insurance rates comparable?

2. If your driving your Z everyday,then you will be driving the STI everyday. Don't forget the turbo timer (another cost you might want to consider).

3. If you are going to modify your STI, then your going to pay for it on the reliability part. (if not, everycar). A few things I learned about modifying cars:

A. It's a money sink. You will never get a return on mod parts.
B. Something will break eventually. If your making a fast daily driver, you might want to consider down time days (like taking your car for re-tuning).
C. Feeling fast gets old, there are days you wish you were completely stock and wish you didn't drop all that money down in the first place.
D. It's a tough sell to sell people a modified car.
E. If you really need to make a fast car, buy a used car you can work on and really drive it like you stole it. Modfying your daily driver is nice, but in the back of your head your telling yourself you don't want to break it.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:52 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by SFZ
Ok, I feel compelled to post in this thread since i have already done what you are contemplating doing. I had an 03 enthusiast and i traded it for an 06 STi. I was feeling the same as you, I had lightly modded my Z and it didn't feel fast, I've always loved turbo cars, the power potential, cheap speed etc. so I went in to the Subie dealer for a test drive and they let me open up a used 05 STi and run it as hard as I could. Of course, the STi felt like a rocket, out cornered and out braked my Z (I hit 125 mph on the highway with the salesman riding along; did a drop clutch launch off the on ramp and was gone...pretty cool but i digress). Point is this: the STi is like a hammer, it's a tool you can use to race or drive fast but that car has no soul, it doesn' t look as good as the Z (in my opinion) but it will out perform it. However, how often will you go beyond the capabilities of your Z and need the power, brakes, and suspensions etc of the STi? if you race, I say go for it, if it'll be your daily driver, I suggest you just enjoy the Z and mod it some. I drove from FL to Alabama on a business trip in the STi and by the time i arrived, i thought I needed a kidney transplant from the damn vibrations and harsh ride, (I made excellent time though minus the speeding ticket). Oh, and that brings me to my final point or two, you WILL get followed everywhere by the cops and they will cut you NO slack. Also, your insurance premiums will definitely go up, I'm over 30 with a good record and my Z cost about $380 every 6 months and the STi was $544.

I'm trading the STi on an 06 Z this weekend. It was an expensive mistake.

oh yeah, and chicks don't dig the STi, everywhere I went, pimply teenage boys would accoust me and drool on my windshield, at least the Z got looks from both sexes. (I dont' think my wife minded that the STi was a woman repeller though )
that is the main reason that is preventing me from getting the sti. I had a modded civic when i was in high school and that thing recieved so much unwanted attention it was rediculous. I was followed everywhere by cops, constantly. I was pulled over on a regular basis and harrassed over nothing. Then there were all the idiot ricers trying to race me at every light. If thats what its gonna be like with an sti, i'm going stick with my z. I love being under the radar.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
imseksy

prepare to see your p|_|ssy stock decrease when you get the sti =)
Old 12-12-2005, 06:47 PM
done12many2

You spend more time driving normally than you do pushing your car to it's limits. Therefore, I would rather drive a great looking car like the Z everyday. You can make any car fast with the right amount of money.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:49 PM
jrod1014

Originally Posted by davidv
+1

Quick Reply: i'm seriously considering selling my z