Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

3100 Mile Update (allignment, oil issues ect)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003 | 01:11 PM
Brad4rdHay

Talking 3100 Mile Update (allignment, oil issues ect)

Ok, so someone dented up my rear bumper, thre small dents stood out like ****ing pimples so i decided to go take the car in to the dealer to have a really good dent guy (who works right near the dealership) take a look, and while the car was there, to just have it serviced. Unfortunately, the estimate for the rear is about $450...not bad at all, but still, I wish i didn't have to pay it at all.

Changed oit, filter ect. Car runs smoother now. Swear to god I can feel a difference. Also good knowing that the dirty break-in oil is out. I asked the tech why Nissan doesnt recomend synthetic. He look at me like he'd never heard this before. His response was basically, I don't recomend synthetic as he (like me) wants his oil changed regularly, and if your changing your ould every 3500 miles, theres really little benefit to be had from synthetic. He mentioned unles your track your car alot, which he said synthetic makes sense.

Allignment: I hit a pot hole, and was pretty sure I screwed up my allignment. Of course I didn't tell the dealer I did this, just said it came like this from the factory (which seems to be quite true with some people on this board). They said it was out of allignment a tad, and was fixed. He said that if you really mess up your camber, then you have to replace peices, but for my job, a simple adjusting was in order. Car feels ALOT better. The steering before was to heavy and pulled to the left during breaking. Both are gone.

They installed the LED sidemarkers for me. He really liked them...but he hated the idea of simply crimping the new wires onto the old ones, so he soldered/shrink wrapped the wires together, which I apreciated. THEY LOOK AWESOME. It really completes the front. If you havn't gotten this mod yet, DO IT.
Old 01-09-2003 | 01:27 PM
WashUJon

The dealer did the sidemarker mod for you? That would surprise me. Most dealers hate doing anything but straight OEM work...
Old 01-09-2003 | 01:28 PM
LA-Z

Any pics of the Top Secret Front Diffuser and/or the Amber Floor Lights? How much were those two mods and how much to install? Thanks man.
Old 01-09-2003 | 01:43 PM
papo470

Default amber interior floor lighting

Brad4rdHay i've always been interested in the amber lights (i saw a picture of them on japanparts), but have not bought them because i don't know anything about them. how do they work, and how do they install?
thanks,
Gerardo
Old 01-09-2003 | 01:43 PM
Brad4rdHay

Top Secret Difusor hasnt come yet as alot of these guys in the group buy pussied out . Its paid for though....

The interior lights havn't been installed yet. I hope on having the local audio shop do them as I plan on having them hard wire a radar detector also.

Yeah, the tech was more than happy to install them. He thought the stock ones lit up. He even went above and beyon by sodering the wires. Commig from the home audio world, I understand wheres hes comming from.