Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputation of Z Drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:05 PM
SweetJackal69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Sometimes you know what you have and you know how to use it... you cant help BUT get a little cocky!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:22 PM
imseksy

what may be perceived as cocky to other people may just be your confidence in yourself. i can tell the difference between cocky people and confident people.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:40 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

general perception i've found on the other board i post on is that z owners are non enthusiasts who dont know what a sports car is. Of course that board is full of s2k owners who seem to think that their car is gods gift to sports car world.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:58 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
general perception i've found on the other board i post on is that z owners are non enthusiasts who dont know what a sports car is. Of course that board is full of s2k owners who seem to think that their car is gods gift to sports car world.
And I wouldn't blame them.

The S2000 is made up of alot of enthusiasts, and so are 350z's but we have alot more nonchalant "oh what the hell let's buy a hot car" people than they do.

S2000's only come in manual, they have no traction control, no option of a nav or any of that VDC stuff. I'm not saying it makes us any less of an enthusiast because we have all those amenities, but the S2000 is a tad more focused of a product.

There are more soccer mom's and latte-sippin joes in a 350z than there are in S2000's, simple as that. It's just how I see it.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:15 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
And I wouldn't blame them.

The S2000 is made up of alot of enthusiasts, and so are 350z's but we have alot more nonchalant "oh what the hell let's buy a hot car" people than they do.

S2000's only come in manual, they have no traction control, no option of a nav or any of that VDC stuff. I'm not saying it makes us any less of an enthusiast because we have all those amenities, but the S2000 is a tad more focused of a product.

There are more soccer mom's and latte-sippin joes in a 350z than there are in S2000's, simple as that. It's just how I see it.
understandable but i really dont see these hardcore enthusiasts that s2k owners claim all their drivers are. Most of the time its some housewife around here that drives an s2k.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:35 AM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
understandable but i really dont see these hardcore enthusiasts that s2k owners claim all their drivers are. Most of the time its some housewife around here that drives an s2k.
Hey, if you're a rich (or maybe not-so-rich?) housewife, you can drive anything you damn well please! As long as daddy's bringing home the cash...

Seen a lot of the housewife-types driving Porsches and SL's down in Newport Beach, cruising around after shopping at South Coast Plaza or after their facials/spa trips.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:27 AM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by zpak
Hey, if you're a rich (or maybe not-so-rich?) housewife, you can drive anything you damn well please! As long as daddy's bringing home the cash...

Seen a lot of the housewife-types driving Porsches and SL's down in Newport Beach, cruising around after shopping at South Coast Plaza or after their facials/spa trips.
I live in a nice area, so i see a lot of nice cars around here. They all drive bmw's or mb's.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:38 AM
juniortheo

Default envy

people who bash the z are jealous cause they can't afford one, or they have been rejected by the women,i mean when i take my car downtown chicks love it,from 18 to 50 i ve had so many compliments,these mustangs and civics cant compete,s@@@ them,lol
Old 01-25-2006, 10:38 AM
archz

Originally Posted by danimaldaisy
How many of you guys have other people who drive luxury sedans at a stop light turn there head to check out you're Z.
Happends to me all of the time. unless it's a vette or a porche every one turns there heads.
I agree people buy it for looks or for performance(both on my part) but i think that the main reason people look at us in our Z's is because it's a Bachelors car, a single guys car, a NON family man's car and when those people who pull up in there luxury sedans and check us out I bet they are thinking of how they wish they were single with out kids and could drive a two seater.

Its so funny to because HOW MUCH does a BMW 7 series cost nowadays?????

This is only something i've observed as long as i owned the Z.

And then theres always that fine azz blonde in a white or silver mercedez benz compact car checking us out.

None of this would happen, not even in a mustang, unless it was a vette or a porche.

and for 30k the Z is a steal for all the benifits you recieve from it.

I think most would agree.

People even look at me more when my 6 year old daughter is in the car seat nect to me kickin it with her little feet proped up on the dash.

and yes i'm single, but a single dad. And her mom hates me LOL!!
I was one of those former luxury car sedan driver at the lights, told my wife that's my next car, been in lust with the z since they first debut in 72, just turned in my Lexus GS 300, for 06 black ZR, best investment I ever made so far!! If I need the family car I take out the 4 runner or my daughters Altima, otherwise it's just me and the sunshine of South Florida
Old 01-25-2006, 03:34 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by archz
I was one of those former luxury car sedan driver at the lights, told my wife that's my next car, been in lust with the z since they first debut in 72, just turned in my Lexus GS 300, for 06 black ZR, best investment I ever made so far!! If I need the family car I take out the 4 runner or my daughters Altima, otherwise it's just me and the sunshine of South Florida
I came from driving a 99' E320 too. I don't miss ANY of that poshness.

Feels awesome doesn't it?? Welcome!