Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

To those who have LoJack installed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 03:59 AM
Stone Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To those who have LoJack installed?

Just a couple questions for those who've had LoJack installed through their dealer;

1. What did you pay for the system?

2. Did you get the new Early Warning Recovery System ( http://www.lojack.com/foryou/early_warning.htm ) ?

3. If you did get the Early Warning Recovery System with your LoJack installation, what was the total $ amount?

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:10 AM
VaGentleman

FYI,

I didn't go with the lojack system because it is radio based and I wanted a GPS based system. Sooo...I went with:

GPS2000. This system will inform you by a phone call or e-mail if your car has been moved without your authorization, i.e., stolen. Then you can go their website (or call a special phone #), enter your ID# and you can track your car using GPS technology throughout 99% of the US territory (LoJack uses radio wave technology). You can call the police and let them know exactly where your car is located or you can give them the website/ID and let them track it.

It has a backup battery so no one can just steal the car and go to a nearby garage and cut the main batter cable to disable it. Also, if they did do such a thing...the system will tell you the last route the car took before losing its signal.

The cost for this installed is $600. If you want to read more about it go to www.gps2000online.com

The company that is behind this product is Omega Research and Development. You can read about them here:

http://www.caralarm.com/start.html

VG
Old 01-10-2003, 04:40 AM
Stone Z

Lightbulb

I've done my research....I'm gonna stick with LoJack now that they have the Early Warning Recovery System.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:48 AM
Stone Z

Originally posted by dkong66
Didn't get the ERS because it was available yet in VA, but will get when it becomes avaliable, it would be nice to know if your car has been moved if you are away from home.
Do you know how much extra it is for the ERS?