Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z Owner Dies In a Crash - Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 01:35 PM
skylin3R33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBoy1
I don't care whether they are 16 or 40, I would'nt call the 16 year old a dumbass
kid or the 40 year old a disappointment. This is a tragedy...

This is one of the big problems with the United States today, especially a problem perpetuated by the media. The news is inundated with accounts of enraged people killing at the workplace, misguided kids bringing guns to school and shooting, and all we can say as a society is "Oh, what a tragedy!"

The real tragedy is that nothing changes, laws remain the same, attitudes don't change, and history repeats itself. What is the point?

Inevitably the street racing section will be back up, it's just a matter of time. This is a reflection of our attitude; decry the event as a "tragedy", go through brief mourning period, and then continue doing things exactly the same way, without reflection or discourse; hence very little changes. I'm not singling out street racing in particular,more so the problems with people in general.

Last edited by skylin3R33; 01-07-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the way I see it street racing is like unprotected sex. sure its smarter and safer to either be safe about it or not do it at all, but asking and assuming people to do that is just plain ridiculous. now by no means do I condone street racing, in fact I've probably only done it a few times in my youth. however street racing has been around as long as cars have been around and its not going anywhere regardless of the laws you put into place or the restrictions you put out there. the only thing you can do as previously mentioned is to properly educate folks and then make sure there are places/facilities available to practice safe racing.

FYI: its been said locally that the other guy who was racing the Z owner had actually run the Z off the road or inadvertantly hit the side of the Z during the race which is what caused the Z to run into the railing.

now as for the guy being drunk, I don't have much sympathy there. have I ever driven while questionably imparied, I can't that I haven't. so who am I or anyone else who has driven after drinking, to pass judgement? its a terrible thing that probably happens every day in the U.S. so what should be done? this guy didn't have any prior DUI/DWI's on his record so you can't say taking away the license of everyone who gets a DUI would prevent something like this. should we reinact the ban of alcohol? good luck with that one.

FYI: I haven't heard anything about this guys autopsy proving that this guy was legally drunk at the time of the accident so saying he was drunk is a presumption (albeit an unlikely one, you can't assume he was).
Old 01-16-2006, 04:10 PM
CarlosZ

Anyone that thinks that a 16 year old dying is a dumbass has to be an idiot himself. As you can tell, Idiots come in all ages. Everyone likes to talk crap when a younger person does something he is a moron, etc. As we all can see from the original post, lots of different people make bad moves despite age.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Driven1
Professional

Now lets all take a second to think and reflect, instead of making judgements on peoples state of mind. How many stupid things did YOU do during the course of your life that could have killed you and how lucky you are to be alive? Probably more than you can count. Its human nature that we push the limits on things we do, and its unfortunate when something like this happens. Unfortunate that it happened, but reality that things like this happen everyday. Pushing the limits brings about innovation and growth. Without people pushing the limits our world wouldn't be where it is today as far as safety and technology go as well as other things. I in no way endorse any type of street racing or going to the extreme all the time. But somewhere, someone is learning a lesson form this persons tragedy. And at this point thats all we can hope for. Best wishes and condolences to those involved and associated.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
arejohn

Default Well said.

Originally Posted by Driven1
Now lets all take a second to think and reflect, instead of making judgements on peoples state of mind. How many stupid things did YOU do during the course of your life that could have killed you and how lucky you are to be alive? Probably more than you can count. Its human nature that we push the limits on things we do, and its unfortunate when something like this happens. Unfortunate that it happened, but reality that things like this happen everyday. Pushing the limits brings about innovation and growth. Without people pushing the limits our world wouldn't be where it is today as far as safety and technology go as well as other things. I in no way endorse any type of street racing or going to the extreme all the time. But somewhere, someone is learning a lesson form this persons tragedy. And at this point thats all we can hope for. Best wishes and condolences to those involved and associated.

Now can this be locked?
Old 01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Yohan33

Yeah I juss got into a car wreck on Friday the 13th, tryin to drift on a sharp turn on a rainy day goin bout 60. Gonna cost me 7,800 to fix. So evryone please drive safe and dont try anything stupid that u cant handle.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:17 AM
paulsmansfield

racing and no seatbelt. Sad, but I have no sympathy, just glad he didnt kill anyone else at the same time.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
03performz

Why the h3ll is this stickied? Who gives a da*n? People die every day and not by their own stupid actions. What was he the Messiah or something? Let's move on already. Don't we get enough of this depressing crap in the news?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:48 PM
The Mike

Wow... judging from that picture.. I'm guessing he wanted an ultra compact, euro style. Mission accomplished! lol I'm sure he didn't plan on dying that day... but then again.. WHO ever does... just part of life.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Spideynw

Hey, I am sure he died a happy man. No tragedy there. At least no one else got hurt.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:03 AM
mjmaltese

This is natural selection at work, folks.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:30 AM
da_cheif

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im living proof that ur never to old to drive a Z.....i love my z......and drag racing was in my blood....40 years ago...my blast from the past

http://www.chesterboot.com/images/68mustang.jpg
http://www.chesterboot.com/images/spoiler.jpg
http://www.chesterboot.com/images/whelcity.jpg
Old 01-28-2006, 02:47 PM
The Mike

Originally Posted by mjmaltese
This is natural selection at work, folks.
Nah... because if that were the case then all you'd end up with in the future is a bunch of fat lazy couch potatoes collecting welfare checks with 15 kids breeding and breeding. Oh but they never stepped out of the house so didn't take chances and good ole Darwin didn't have his chance to clean up
Old 02-04-2006, 05:27 AM
AZZGUY

Default Rainy Friday 13th Accident

Originally Posted by Yohan33
Yeah I juss got into a car wreck on Friday the 13th, tryin to drift on a sharp turn on a rainy day goin bout 60. Gonna cost me 7,800 to fix. So evryone please drive safe and dont try anything stupid that u cant handle.

Almost every knows you just dont go driving in the rain ona Friday the 13th!!
What were you thinking man?? I suppose a black cat ran in front of you also==