Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone else ever pull the front speaker grilles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005 | 08:23 AM
Ichigo

Default Anyone else ever pull the front speaker grilles?

As I replace the OEM stereo in my Z I removed the front door panels and speaker grilles only to find that the perforated holes on the grilles are half covered by plastic on the drivers side and passenger side speaker grilles! Whats the point of replacing the speakers if your only going to cover them up with what looks like a poor plastic mold? I have ordered a new drivers side grille and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the same thing.

I'm half expecting the replacement grille to be the same way. But if anyone else can confirm this then I wont bother waiting for the replacement to arrive.
Old 12-30-2005 | 08:27 AM
HokieZ

Yep, many have noticed it. You can take a smalldrill bit and drill out the remaining holes if you desire. The replacement will probably be the same, you're wasn't a mistake, they are all that way.
Old 12-30-2005 | 09:56 AM
Ichigo

Thanks for the verification, I'll probably grind down the grille with a dremel from the back. Using a drill bit has left several small bits of plastic in the holes. Really sloppy craftsmanship if you ask me...