Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car Stolen Thread (MUST READ FOR THOSE THAT DONT WISH YOUR Z TO BE STOELN!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Roadstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Stolen Thread (MUST READ FOR THOSE THAT DONT WISH YOUR Z TO BE STOELN!)

look guys, like many of you guys, we love our Z. We of course do not wish our Z to be stolen at any point. But why are our cars stolen when the mighty key is in our hands? Nissan like other car companies claims that they have an all mighty engine immbolizer....so how can our Z and other cars be stolen?

If you think that the engine immbolizer is good enough. Wrong!
Why? the engine immbolizer works in the following way:
The ignition key has a miniature transponder thats imbedded inside and the computer of the car will ONLY use this transponder as an identifier and allows the car so start. Because of this transponder code, the majority of the honest people who pass by will NOT be able to steal your car, BUT experienced thiefs will be able to bypass the code, really really quickly. I read off the net somewhere before saying that professionals ONLY require about 20 seconds to bypass the code to get in.....isn't that frigthening?...our baby Z can be at risk anytime...

Moreover, the keyless entry systems today may seem like a VERY VERY useful feature, but for safety's sake, it is found to be rather stupid. Why?
This is because the remote is made in a way that it interrupts the starting wire of the car. And this can be easily bypassed using certain equipment in the market. Such as a scanner or a code grabber of some sort...

now that you understand how the whole anti theft system works, how do we protect our Z from being stolen by these bast ards?
Simple Solution is this:
Install one of these.... neverstolen.com
I know i sound like a businessman or whatever, but im currently planning to get this thing installed and i do recommend this to people who spent quite a lot of money on their car....

Yet....theres one more thing to worry about...what if the theif is crazy for your car and he is trying to truck tailor your car?

simply, TURN YOUR STEERING WHEEL to the LEFT or RIGHT...
so what happens is that when the truck driver is trying to steal your car, the angle of the wheels will introduce a traction that makes your car track in a circle....and I seriously DOUBT that nobody will notice such scene and besides, who wants to tow a car that will be travelling two lanes away from the truck driver himself??

hope this helps, yes some info i have taken from websites....but anyways, hope this will prevent our COOL Zs from being stolen from bast ards~~

good night
Old 01-03-2006, 05:01 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow.... no offense but that looks ugly.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:14 PM
need Z

Sorry, sounds like a waste of money to me....
Old 01-03-2006, 05:18 PM
true

I'm not buying a system based on information you "read off the net somewhere"..
Old 01-03-2006, 05:20 PM
HighwaySpeed

Hey, it's used on a 2004 Scion xB!

I'm in!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
lax91181

nice try salesboy. If it is so great them I would have heard of it before. Second, I have insurance for a reason. If the car is impossible to steal then it is gonna **** the dude off who tried to steal it and he will trash the car, i would rather he takes it and i get e new one, not a fixed one. Last, the website has several problems with it, one example they say there is no master key yet you can order additional keys, so I guess there really is a master code they make the keys from, talk about a great place to pull inside jobs from.
Also, turning you wheels isn't gonna stop a thief from putting it on a flatbed tow truck, and he will say he is repo-ing it so the bystanders don't stop him.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
CAN0802

It would be effective as an antitheft tool. They simply interrupt several main systems in your car and wire them in different orders, causing the multiple combinations possible. There is no way there is a master key to these. Is it a waste of money? No more than buying an alarm for your car. When is the last time you heard an alarm go off and actually cared enough to call the police, or even if you did call, did the cops care?
If you don't like this system, don't buy it, the guy is simply offering another option he found. Just bacause you haven't heard about it doesn't make it an ineffective tool. God forbid someone shares info with the rest of the members on this board.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
juliosuburban

Originally Posted by lax91181
nice try salesboy. If it is so great them I would have heard of it before. Second, I have insurance for a reason. If the car is impossible to steal then it is gonna **** the dude off who tried to steal it and he will trash the car, i would rather he takes it and i get e new one, not a fixed one. Last, the website has several problems with it, one example they say there is no master key yet you can order additional keys, so I guess there really is a master code they make the keys from, talk about a great place to pull inside jobs from.
Also, turning you wheels isn't gonna stop a thief from putting it on a flatbed tow truck, and he will say he is repo-ing it so the bystanders don't stop him.
LOL so true. They do that in Boston all the time, and the witnesses are like they just repoed your car. BULL**** I PAID IT. yeah.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:31 PM
MovingViolation

That doesn't really bother me since the majority of car thieves are heroine addicts with a screwdriver. If a 'professional' thief really is a pro I'm sure there are way better cars than mine to steal.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
UBERMENSCH
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by lax91181
I know what you mean, this cat is a salesman and is trying to get his business off the ground or maybe he has stock in this stuff. but hey if a pro wants your ride regardless of what you do he is going to get it. Just take regular measures to insure that your car is not stolen and pray to God for protection and safety and leave it in his hands
Old 01-03-2006, 06:50 PM
UBERMENSCH
Banned

Originally Posted by MovingViolation
That doesn't really bother me since the majority of car thieves are heroine addicts with a screwdriver. If a 'professional' thief really is a pro I'm sure there are way better cars than mine to steal.

Actually the majority of car theives are not just heroine addicts. Car theft is a big business here in the U.S. and abroad. For one Stolen American cars sell for big bucks in foreign countries that do not like the U.S. In some countries it is not illegal to own a stolen car that comes from the U.S.

And if you have the right connections you can get big money for H.I.D. light systems and airbags from certain cars. I remember the big boom over Nissan Maxima H.I.D. lighting fools would steal the cars and get paid for the headlights.

Originally Posted by true
I'm not buying a system based on information you "read off the net somewhere"..
lol....so true...
Old 01-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Roadstar

just trying...to share....some .... info.....
no .... flaming....intended....
lol
Old 01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
lax91181

then....next.....time......don't.....use
.....a sales......pitch......or cut.....and....paste.....their sales.....crap
....then.....no......flames....
Old 01-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Zexy

I smell a pesky salesman
Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i actually used to install a very similar product for dealers. all a thief needs to do is grab the wires from behind the thing and reconnect them. when they tested it they must have told the "professional thieves" to not mar the dash or tamper with the unit. pop that thing out or get to the wires behind it, and they are good to go!!
the dealers i installed for charged customers $300 each for this, a $2 wire loop!!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHO-TIME
wow.... no offense but that looks ugly.
Looks like it belongs on one of these

Old 01-04-2006, 07:54 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

ban
Old 01-04-2006, 08:04 AM