Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain+Dumb people+wall= injured z

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:05 AM
pansoik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rain+Dumb people+wall= injured z

I was heading home from SF Friday night and some idiot in a late 80s mustang pull up next to me and tries to race. I look at him like he is out of his mind because 1. Its a 80s rice rocket mustang with racing stripes and alteza lights and 2. its raining! Well I look away and when i look back he is gone.... and a second later boom! I guess he tried to take off or something and lost traction and clipped me in the right rear corner which put me in a spin. I spun 3 times hitting the center divider once and then shooting across the freeway and slamming the rear in to the wall.
Fortunately neither me or my friend who was in the car with me were hurt bad but the best part of all this is that when we stopped and got out of the car the guy drove away! We did give a description of the car to the CHP but who knows if they ever caught him. Here are some pictures of the car and it doesn't look as bad on the pics but in person you can see that the bumper support and the stuff behind it is all bent and also if you look at the door picture there is about 1/2 inch gap now even thou the door never received a hit and also the door is all wrinkled. What I am wondering is if its totaled or they are going to fix it??? What do you guys think?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:09 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you are more calm then I would be. I'd be freaking out if that happened to me. What a waste. Good luck. I don't know what I would do.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Silkk

How did he "clip you in the right rear" if he was beside you?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:13 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's an incredible story. The car tapped you in the rear passenger side? The front of your car went right. What prevented the Mustang from smashing the right side of your car?

Last edited by davidv; 01-09-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Silkk

I wrecked my Z into a guardrail before and just admitted I screwed up in the rain... I didn't make up stories about rice rocket mustangs that drove away afterwards. I'm not buying it...

He was "next to me" and he "took off" and he "lost traction" and "hit me in the right rear"... I'm just lost as to how you get hit in the right rear by someone who is beside you.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:17 AM
pansoik

What I think happened is that when he was next to me he tried to take off and when he gave it gas he lost control of the back I dont know if he slammed his brakes or what after but it was really weird it was like he was there right next to me and then i look back and he is gone and then i feel a hit and everything is spinning.... The most scary part was looking back and seeing the wall coming towards me and not being able to do anything but hold on lol kind of a weird feeling.....
Old 01-09-2006, 10:18 AM
buho62

Some people here should have been investigators!
Old 01-09-2006, 10:19 AM
ZZ33bOI

damn...i kno FRIDAY was hella wet! and that wa the only day it was RAINing! the rest of the weekend was nice and SUNNy! like now its sunny..hey man! have i seen ur car before?? i kno this might not be a good time to say this but..can i get ur rims!? heheh are they still in good condition?? doesnt look bent...i can give u my stocks?? since ur car is goin to be total... wanna help out a Z brotha! heheh

Last edited by ZZ33bOI; 01-09-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:21 AM
pansoik

hahahaha are you guys serious??? Do you want a police report where there were more then one witness who saw all this! If you guys wanna call BS I will make sure to pay the $10 for the police report and post it! This happened at 11:50 or so on 101 south right before 3rd avenue in San Mateo CA hahaha you guys are too much lol!
Old 01-09-2006, 10:24 AM
pansoik

ZZ33bOI two of the rims are shot the rear looks tacoed and the front lip is bent bad! If you want the left two they are in mint condition lol
Old 01-09-2006, 10:30 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's so hard to believe? Am I the only one that can visualize what happened?
Attached Thumbnails Rain+Dumb people+wall= injured z-acc02.jpg  

Last edited by ZlleH; 01-09-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
ZZ33bOI

Originally Posted by pansoik
ZZ33bOI two of the rims are shot the rear looks tacoed and the front lip is bent bad! If you want the left two they are in mint condition lol
damn....i knew it..just had to try! hahah cuz the rims are dirty..its coo im from the bay i kno wut u talkin bout..reppin the Nickle n dime here east bay! so i kno wut kind of 89' 5.0 mustangs out there..driven by punk azz kids...see if u anit from the bay u dont kno! u think u kno...but u have no idea u anit from da bay..so u dont kno wut kind of cars are out here...and da bay got a huge history of street, freeway, drag racing...we are the one who invent SideSHOwS!!! and gettin HyPHy..
Old 01-09-2006, 10:33 AM
ZZ33bOI

Originally Posted by ZlleH
What so hard to believe? Am I the only one that can visualize what happened?
+1111 see you guys need to watch more COPS....tats how the cops **** wit u if u dont stop...
Old 01-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

on the other hand, it a chance for you to get new bodykit and paint job. Insurance will take care for you.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:37 AM
davidv

Originally Posted by pansoik
What I think happened is that when he was next to me he tried to take off and when he gave it gas he lost control of the back I dont know if he slammed his brakes or what after but it was really weird it was like he was there right next to me and then i look back and he is gone and then i feel a hit and everything is spinning.... The most scary part was looking back and seeing the wall coming towards me and not being able to do anything but hold on lol kind of a weird feeling.....
I think that I understand the situation. You know that your car was bumped. Anything else as to how the other car bumped you is a guess. The reason I ask is because it takes a lot of practice (i.e. law enforcement) to put another vehicle in a spin and not kill yourself at the same time. The bump put you in a spin, and you did NOT steer to correct the spin.

Sorry about the incident. The Z can be fixed. You and your buddy are OK.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Vamos_Rafael

the main thing is you are ok
are you going to fix the car or are shopping for something else?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:44 AM
cessna

As for your question Pansoik,

She looks alot worse than it probably is..... not an expert, but it dosent look like a riteoff to me.

Sorry bro, that sucks kudos to you for keeping your cool.... I would have carjacked a passer by's car, and told him to floor it and follow that Ford, like his life depended on it!!!lol
Old 01-09-2006, 10:44 AM
pansoik

I did try to counter but at I over corrected and spun the other way. Thanks for the diagram lol its exactly what happened and here is my version! lol
Old 01-09-2006, 10:55 AM
davidv

Did you admit to the cops that you are not an artist?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:04 AM
mdracer76
Banned

OUCH.. that sucks. I would KILL that person in the mustang if I ever saw them again.