Sponsored by:

Info from HIGH UP, about future design

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 10:30 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Info from HIGH UP, about future design

ok some may remember that my dad was meeting with a guy from japan that came over to interview Z owners. he is apparently high up, and is looking for feedback. we got 150$ credit on parts or service from nissan for doing it. I couldnt meet with him cause Im at college. but anyway, heres the feedback from my dad.

he commented on the stereo, said that we got the fix, and it was better, but not perfect, the guy said they are still working on that.

Now for the news you all wanted.

these are the plans for next years car from him

change gas cover
change air damn design
other exterior changes are possible as well.
change interior design
relocate DC jack, and add cell phone holder to dash.
create a real glove box in the dash.
solve the problem of stuff sliding around in the trunk(didnt elaborate on how, it might just be that bungee bit)

also in 2005 he said there would be the TT GTR, ALSO, this you guys might find interesting, they have plans of offering a HIGHER HP VERSION OF THE 350Z. something over 300hp, but still NA.

other items of interest would be them possibly offering the car with better tires, and/or having a "track/touring" model with the features of both cars.

anyway, this is what was told to my dad, or atleast what he told me of the conversation. my dad did not catch the mans name, tho I wish he had. maybe he got a card or something. this may all be true, or the guy may be spouting off lots of "maybes" but they wont ever see the light of day. but these are just some possibilities.

hope you enjoy'd.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Selski12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Nissan is going to offer a TT version anytime soon, I hope they give us first year buyers the option of having a factory/dealer installed TT too! Im crossing my fingers....
Old 01-15-2003, 11:08 AM
jleighZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So does that mean most of that possible stuff is for the 04 model? Maybe I should wait a few months to get one then.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Brad4rdHay

That sounds like alot for a next year model change. But hey, you never know.

What I've heard was yellow exterior color, and a motorized one-touch nav door.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:46 AM
m'sZ

Originally posted by Selski12
If Nissan is going to offer a TT version anytime soon, I hope they give us first year buyers the option of having a factory/dealer installed TT too! Im crossing my fingers....
If they offer a TT version and have nothing for us first-year buyers, I'm going to be pissed. Nissan would lose all credibility with me.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:53 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by msZ
If they offer a TT version and have nothing for us first-year buyers, I'm going to be pissed. Nissan would lose all credibility with me.
Why? No one forced you to buy the 2003. No one said there would never be a faster Z. In fact, all signs pointed to future upgrades even months ago. Speculation is always that there will be a faster car eventually once one is built. Why should Nissan provide something for you just because you didn't want to wait? I don't understand. Should Subaru provide something to all the WRX people because they finally decided to bring the STi here? Please explain what you mean...
Old 01-15-2003, 12:25 PM
ares
Veteran

NO NO, there wont be a turbo Z, not that he said anyway, he only mentioned a slightly more powerful NA Z(naturally asprirated). no turbos except on the GTR. and thats for 2005

as for the 2004 changes, yeah they could happen, like I said, I dont know who the guy is, or how much he really knows, but thats what he told us. you could wait to find out. to be honest, the things he said, I dont mind, only thing I do mind would be the gas cap, but ya know what? assuming it keeps the same design and shape, Ill just buy one.

however, with all these changes, one has to wonder what might happen to price... seems like the interior upgrades might be a nicer interior for a price, along with the rest of the stuff. theres always been rumors the price would jump next year.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:51 PM
TheOne

man im gonna be pissed if hte price jumps becuase of simple upgrades such as a glovebox and relocation of several items...i hope everything you say will come tru..
Old 01-15-2003, 01:06 PM
WashUJon

I'd be disappointed at not having an AC outlet on the dash. The rest I can live with and not care...
Old 01-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Boomer

Default coming attractions

In reading this thread, I am reminding myself to relax because I still have a couple of issues working. It makes the future pretty so what to me right now, but I'm trying. I noticed the guy talked about better tires(about time) and an upgraded NA model.

I just hope for the hot ECU that has been mentioned several times, centering around 320HP, it would do me nicely. No FI for me, but we 1st year buyers should have the opportunity to upgrade equal to or close to a more powerful 350Z. I really have no problems w/the ergonomics interior-wise now, but power is different. If the 2004s or 2005s have 320hp, I want access to an upgrade and Nissan should keep that in mind in future model changes. I want my upgrades from the factory, with a warranty. That would be money in Nissan's pocket, they should be interested in doing just that.

Boomer--my opinion, use it or lose it. I don't care.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:29 PM
zogan

Default Re: coming attractions

Originally posted by Boomer
In reading this thread, I am reminding myself to relax because I still have a couple of issues working. It makes the future pretty so what to me right now, but I'm trying. I noticed the guy talked about better tires(about time) and an upgraded NA model.

I just hope for the hot ECU that has been mentioned several times, centering around 320HP, it would do me nicely. No FI for me, but we 1st year buyers should have the opportunity to upgrade equal to or close to a more powerful 350Z. I really have no problems w/the ergonomics interior-wise now, but power is different. If the 2004s or 2005s have 320hp, I want access to an upgrade and Nissan should keep that in mind in future model changes. I want my upgrades from the factory, with a warranty. That would be money in Nissan's pocket, they should be interested in doing just that.

Boomer--my opinion, use it or lose it. I don't care.
I thought if you bought Nismo from a Nissan dealer and had it installed from that dealer, then it would be covered by Nissans Warranty? I am don't know this for fact, just what I read in the past on this site?? correct me if I am wrong
Old 01-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Re: coming attractions

Originally posted by zogan
I thought if you bought Nismo from a Nissan dealer and had it installed from that dealer, then it would be covered by Nissans Warranty? I am don't know this for fact, just what I read in the past on this site?? correct me if I am wrong
That is what we have been told from some quotes, but we have no idea what an upgrade would cost in the US. So far, we have seen the Japanese prices for some of their parts and they are very expensive. Prices will come down, we are told, but we have more speculation than hard data. US suppliers will undercut NISMO whenever they can, but they won't carry a Nissan warranty and I won't pay for anything less. Rays wheels from dealers is one parts cost example, over $1000++ per wheel. Ridiculous.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:44 PM
ares
Veteran

I could buy 2, and to be honest, the only thing I feel needs a warrenty is FI, and thats not available, only SC, which is a cop out IMO. its not risky, there giving warrenties away cause they arent offering anything that has potential to mess up. and dont dream of tuning the SC for anything more then it comes with, youll void your warrenty(which from my experiences, only applies to your factory warrenty, which Im already 4 months into, and will probably be almost a year by the time nismo is here, so Im paying all this money for a 2 year warrenty?)
Old 01-16-2003, 05:20 AM
Boomer

Originally posted by VQracer
Nissan knows the did very well with keeping the prices low. I doubt they would jack the price up with little modifications. They know what made them sell well and they'll keep that method.
I hope you're right, Vic. It makes sense they would, but a lot doesn't happen just because they make sense.

Ares, I'm not sure what you mean about a 2 year warranty. The Z has a 5 yr, 60,000 mile warranty on the drivetrain which should continue to apply for any upgrades.

Sorry for the negativity, sometimes I see the glass half empty, instead of half full. When all is fixed on my car, I'll be a much more optimistic person, I'm sure.

Boomer
Old 01-16-2003, 08:16 AM
ares
Veteran

ah, I wasnt really thinking of drivetrain warrenty, but I suppose your right, the full warrenty is only 3 years.