Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Missing your Z sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006 | 12:07 PM
Jonathan Allyn

Default Missing your Z sucks!

I dropped my car off a week ago for final part of the oil consumption test and found out Friday that they ordered a new long block for my car.

Thats great and all but damn, I miss my car. Especially when I see another one drving around atlanta. Hopefully, I will have my car back by the end of the week so I can start breaking in the new motor.

From what I know so far, they are putting an 06' longblock in. I wonder how its going to feel since they changed the HP/TQ specs on the motor.

Last edited by Jonathan Allyn; 01-30-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2006 | 01:37 PM
zdotcom

I am looking to have my door painted and I am dreading having to drive my Maxima for those 3 days.
Old 01-30-2006 | 02:23 PM
DRFTER_Z

Well, my check engine light came on and i took it in to the dealership to see what was the problem. It turns out it was nothing, just a bad sensor, everything checkedout fine. Point to all this is when I got it back they scratched the **** out of the rear left corner of the rear bumber and i didnt find out till i got home so I called and they said they would take care of it and not to worry. they are gonna give me a rental and said it would take 3 days my question is do "dealer body shops" do a great job???? its brand new its an 06' anybody elso gone through this...
Old 01-30-2006 | 02:50 PM
HighwaySpeed

Question

Originally Posted by jonathanallyn
I dropped my car off a week ago for final part of the oil consumption test and found out Friday that they ordered a new long block for my car.

Thats great and all but damn, I miss my car. Especially when I see another one drving around atlanta. Hopefully, I will have my car back by the end of the week so I can start breaking in the new motor.

From what I know so far, they are putting an 06' longblock in. I wonder how its going to feel since they changed the HP/TQ specs on the motor.
Did they give you a loaner to drive, like at Infiniti?
Old 01-30-2006 | 02:56 PM
davidv

During these tough times we are here for you brother. And now I’d like to sing a song...

When you're down and troubled
and you need a helping hand
and nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
and soon I will be there
to brighten up even your darkest nights.
Old 01-30-2006 | 04:40 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by DRFTER_Z
Well, my check engine light came on and i took it in to the dealership to see what was the problem. It turns out it was nothing, just a bad sensor, everything checkedout fine. Point to all this is when I got it back they scratched the **** out of the rear left corner of the rear bumber and i didnt find out till i got home so I called and they said they would take care of it and not to worry. they are gonna give me a rental and said it would take 3 days my question is do "dealer body shops" do a great job???? its brand new its an 06' anybody elso gone through this...
yes...it happens a lot.
Always wise not to let them wash your car after service. The less they handle your car the better.
Old 01-30-2006 | 07:17 PM
Kabs

dude i miss my Z when im in my classes =P during the 40 min break i go to the parking lot and look at it... then take the bus to the campus I should be at
Old 01-30-2006 | 07:35 PM
J3rzeyFlip
Banned

miss my Z when it snows!! Its jus in the driveway under the car cover!
Old 01-30-2006 | 08:09 PM
rolling

Originally Posted by Ztalker
yes...it happens a lot.
Always wise not to let them wash your car after service. The less they handle your car the better.
i couldnt agree more!! when i picked up my 06 i didnt even want them to do the dealer prep "washing" taking off the shrink wrap.. ect ect.. i wanted to do all that myself!! i even wanted to pick it up from the docs but obvioulsy couldnt do that heh

Yea if you think those minimum wage, minimum skilled dealer "go-fors" actually care about YOUR car, when they "wash" it with the same rags and water they use for everything from wheels to paint and dropped on ground ect.. and need to wash as many as possible.. NO THANKS!! ill do it
Old 01-31-2006 | 05:53 AM
Jonathan Allyn

thanks everyone. Hopefully, I will have my car back later this week. The dealer did give me an altima to drive. Its funny, I just got used to driving RWD and now FWD feels so unsteady. I cant belive I held onto those FWD cars for so long.
Old 01-31-2006 | 01:05 PM
KManZ
Banned

I had to let my Z go back in September... since then I have been driving a 98 Honda Prelude... think you miss your Z????! I am jones-ing so bad to drive a Z right now... anyone got a bump for me?
Old 01-31-2006 | 04:42 PM
rotaryrocket7

BUMP.

Mine's in storage too. It sucks, I was just in FL and saw a bunch, enough to make my jones twice as bad. I still got at least two months left.
Old 01-31-2006 | 05:00 PM
JisNis

I know the feeling guys. My car was in an accident back in August or September and the body shop is just lagging. They finished it the first time right before Thanksgiving. The paint matching was horrible. So I took it for the Holiday and brought it back the following monday. That was 2 months ago and still the car is not done. I miss my car and Im freakin out cause I dont really have any trust in the Bodyshop anymore. They did a mickey mouse - half *** job on the first time which took about 3 months. I thought I was going to be taken care of because I was refered to them.

Last edited by JisNis; 01-31-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2006 | 07:36 AM
team1320350z

hey fellas i just crashed my Z and the estimate is 11,000 dollars. not gonna fix it for a while cause my deductible is $2,500. I need a new bumper, a lot of front end parts and suspension work. I spun out, hopped on a curb and slammed into a brick wall going 98 MPH and both airbags deployed, one of them hit me, it sucks real bad and it hurts.
Old 03-08-2006 | 07:45 AM
iknowitsfast

Well, i only had my Z for ONE week before i let the shop across the street from my job install a two way alarm....well they crossed the big yellow wire and my airbag went off! They took it to the NIssan dealer down the street and I was w.o my Z for 5 days...all five days sucked!.................although not as bad as the guy up there who hasnt had his since september..ouch
Old 03-08-2006 | 10:42 AM
dye

I know how it can be to miss yo car! When I drove my M3 And I'd be in class I'd wanna leave early so i could drive it. When I took it in to be repaired when i was in a accident it was in the shop for 14 days. I had to drive a rental car but i got lucky it was a 745li
Old 03-14-2006 | 07:45 AM
team1320350z

just dropped my z off yesterday, waiting for the estimate. I cant live without it, im going insane. Anyone know how to get rid of the passanger airbag? mine deployed and i dont want it back in. I hope i get my car back soon cause i really want to drive it
Old 03-14-2006 | 07:45 AM
team1320350z

just dropped my z off yesterday, waiting for the estimate. I cant live without it, im going insane. Anyone know how to get rid of the passanger airbag? mine deployed and i dont want it back in. I hope i get my car back soon cause i really want to drive it
Old 03-14-2006 | 07:53 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally Posted by team1320350z
hey fellas i just crashed my Z and the estimate is 11,000 dollars. not gonna fix it for a while cause my deductible is $2,500. I need a new bumper, a lot of front end parts and suspension work. I spun out, hopped on a curb and slammed into a brick wall going 98 MPH and both airbags deployed, one of them hit me, it sucks real bad and it hurts.
sorry to break the news, but that estimate is way low. a general rule of thumb is if the airbags deploy with multiple panel damage, the car is a total loss.

i remember the estimate on my 95 camry, each airbag runs ~2000 dollars. if you hopped a curb youll need some new rims and suspension parts, and you are likely gonna need some front end work. with that amount of damage it might be cheaper just to take the cash for the car.

why the hell do you have a 2500 deductible? thats insane!
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:36 AM
team1320350z

well the estimate for both airbags was $2,500 but im getting a momo steering wheel, then a buddy of mine is gonna fiberglass the dash where the passanger airbag is so im just gonna get the front end repaired and get suspension work, still waiting on the call from the shop. my deductible is 2500 because that was the only way my insurance would be cheap, even with that deductible i still pay 350 a month. TOO MANY SPEEDING TICKETS AND ONE SPEED CONTEST TICKET it sucks.

Quick Reply: Missing your Z sucks!