Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Picture by picture VDC disable (Final Edition) ! ^_^

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolia
It really depends on the application. But for maximum cornering and motricity, AWD is unbeatable.
maybe a split awd like front 30 rear 70... but awd like classic awd quattro 50/50 split isnt the best...

anyway... i took out my car to Valley Forge National Park for a "spirited" drive with that evil thing disconnected (lol)

here is the video... lol note in the end i overtook a brand new 911C4S Convertible lol... it was so f*cking funny lol~~~

www.driftinvasion.com/videos/valleyforge.mov

Old 02-05-2006, 08:20 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you talking about?

Who said anything about people not being able to drive without VDC? Did you realize you take position against me and then go on defending VDC systems?

As far as I’m concerned, the VDC not OFF when OFF thing is not an issue. It’s definitively OFF after I’ve pushed the button.

Ah, and by the way, a RWD car is inherently unstable… It’s basic dynamics…
I agree that it has it's uses as a safety feature; you were just talking like anyone who drives around without it is an idiot and is going to crash (at least that's how it seemed to me). If yours is off when it's off, great; mine may very well be as well ('03 track), but it's well documented on this forum that different people are experiencing different things when they hit the button, indicating that there may be differences in how the system behaves from model to model and year to year, so there's no reason at all to go knocking people who feel they need to disconnect it entirely if the system is still being invasive on their car at the limit after hitting the button. As for the following poster talking about doing donuts and the lights coming on and staying on... this was discussd LONG ago. It's a normal feature that is discussed in the manual (also a hint as to the fact that VDC is not entirely disabled with the press of the button), that under extreme circumstances, the system shuts down entirely (dash lights come on) and cannot be restarted until you restart the car. This is the same as unplugging the system (some people would just rather unplug or switch it instead of wasting rubber). I don't recall the reasoning behind the system doing that, but if you search around or look in the manual, you'll find it.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Vamos_Rafael

well i have a performance Z from 2003...
i feel a bit more free when the car is disconnected rather than pressing the OFF button...
LSD braking is what i dont like... and by discoonecting VDC it cures it completely...
still...
imo a switch would be great...
but off completely all the time like old school cars is awesome...
people still buy 993 Porsche 911's is because there isnt any electronic gadgets controling the car(and because it was air cooled ) but by making a point that it is a safety feature that half of the people cannot handle 287bhp and 274ft/lb of torque isnt that totally stating that people who bought vettes, mustangs, porsches and ferraris from the old days that 50% of them should of vanished because of darwinism?
No... just as much a % of ppl crash/injure/die from blatant oversteer in a powerful rwd car today with electronic gadgets as in the 1970s...
not being able to handle the car and being saved by VDC once, twice, doesnt mean you are invulnerable...
Old 02-05-2006, 10:57 AM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by jvanquish
but by making a point that it is a safety feature that half of the people cannot handle 287bhp and 274ft/lb of torque isnt that totally stating that people who bought vettes, mustangs, porsches and ferraris from the old days that 50% of them should of vanished because of darwinism?
No... just as much a % of ppl crash/injure/die from blatant oversteer in a powerful rwd car today with electronic gadgets as in the 1970s...
not being able to handle the car and being saved by VDC once, twice, doesnt mean you are invulnerable...
Well some of us who grew up with RWD cars did survive and that is why we appreciate VDC and TCS.

Your post totally ignores the fact that VDC has significantly reduced the mortality rate in Europe. IMHO, if one extra person here takes your well intentioned advice and dies as a result of taking your advice, you are morally culpable for their death.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:27 AM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by MulhollandDrive
Your post totally ignores the fact that VDC has significantly reduced the mortality rate in Europe. IMHO, if one extra person here takes your well intentioned advice and dies as a result of taking your advice, you are morally culpable for their death.
I don't think it ignores it; it simply doesn't have anything to do with it. No one is responsible for another person's actions. That's just rediculous, IMO. Besides, this isn't the only thread about this (justthe most recent one) and he is far from being the first one to do this. It is up to the individual to excercise common sense.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 AM
MustGoFastR

well i have a performance Z from 2003...
i feel a bit more free when the car is disconnected rather than pressing the OFF button...
LSD braking is what i dont like... and by discoonecting VDC it cures it completely...
The brake LSD IS a PITA; I don't like it one bit. I have no idea wht LSD equipped cars have it. Luckily, IIRC, it's only operational below 20mph.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Well some of us who grew up with RWD cars did survive and that is why we appreciate VDC and TCS.

so i say disabling the VDC makes you feel what the car should feel like...
then...
you go out around a tight bend WOT at 60mph (speed limit 15mph) and you suffer from severe oversteer and smashes right into a tree at 60 and gets paralized...
then...
im supposed to be morally culpable?
im only responsible to whatt i said "disabling VDC makes you feel the car the way its made"
I am not responsible that you WOT in 2nd gear around a 15mph bend at 60mph and crashes into a tree...
you are the driver... you are responsible to what inputs you put to the car
Old 02-05-2006, 12:03 PM
MulhollandDrive

so i say disabling the VDC makes you feel what the car should feel like...
then...
you go out around a tight bend WOT at 60mph (speed limit 15mph) and you suffer from severe oversteer and smashes right into a tree at 60 and gets paralized...
then...
im supposed to be morally culpable?
im only responsible to whatt i said "disabling VDC makes you feel the car the way its made"
I am not responsible that you WOT in 2nd gear around a 15mph bend at 60mph and crashes into a tree...
you are the driver... you are responsible to what inputs you put to the car
You post a method of permanently disabling VDC without any warning that it will statistically increase the risk of a fatal accident. This is what is known in the real world as a disclaimer. Now go post this on a website with your real name without such a disclaimer. Then hire a lawyer and move all your assets to an overseas account.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Vamos_Rafael

You post a method of permanently disabling VDC without any warning that it will statistically increase the risk of a fatal accident. This is what is known in the real world as a disclaimer. Now go post this on a website with your real name without such a disclaimer. Then hire a lawyer and move all your assets to an overseas account.
Well here... the Nissan manual had disclaimers for VDC OFF button...

by making the VDC ultra OFF doesnt make it any worse than already OFF for a normal person driving...

and because Nissan alrdy made a disclaimer that you press VDC OFF you will have 90% of the real car unleashed and will risk injury or death... why should I make another disclaimer for VDC ultra OFF thats going to give you 100% of the real car?
anyone with the right mind can figure out, 100% real car is more dangerous, more intense, more intoxicating to drive, than 90% real car...
thus what I thought people who are interested, a true enthusiast, should already figure out before doing this mod...

Should a 16 and a half year old kid with acne who just passed his driver's exam in his dad's SL500 be driving a Z?
NO
Given a Z, should that same 16 and a half year old kid with acne turn VDC OFF?
NO
Give a Z, should that same 16 and a half year old kid with acne disable VDC completely?
F*CK NO!

Should a true enthusiast who is into drifting, tracking and other motorsports that require the car to be free of electronic gadgets that hold the car back?
HELL YES!

Now figure out why I shouldn't need a disclaimer for this mod?
Because people who shouldnt be driving with VDC OFF in the first place arent fit for VDC Ultra OFF all the time anyway...
Old 02-05-2006, 12:21 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Besides, this isn't the only thread about this (justthe most recent one) and he is far from being the first one to do this.
I am not new to this board. I have no probably with an informed decision to turn off VDC. The implication that it is safer with VDC off combined with instructions on how to permanently turn VDC off crosses the line.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
MulhollandDrive

Should a 16 and a half year old kid with acne who just passed his driver's exam in his dad's SL500 be driving a Z?
NO
Given a Z, should that same 16 and a half year old kid with acne turn VDC OFF?
NO
Give a Z, should that same 16 and a half year old kid with acne disable VDC completely?
F*CK NO!

Should a true enthusiast who is into drifting, tracking and other motorsports that require the car to be free of electronic gadgets that hold the car back?
HELL YES!
_Now_ we are on the same page. Have fun.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Vamos_Rafael

I am not new to this board. I have no probably with an informed decision to turn off VDC. The implication that it is safer with VDC off combined with instructions on how to permanently turn VDC off crosses the line.
maybe you drive your car as a cruiser...

I dont... i'll just take the accord if i am going some where stupid...
when i step into my car...
i am concentrated and well rested and ready to carve bends and attack the corners...
should you drive and be not concentrated?
NO... accidents happen that way...
should you drive a 300bhp rwd car when you are not concetrated 100%?
HELL NO!

I said if you turn off VDC/disabling it you should tell yourself and make a mental note that there are no safety nets to save you!

people are statistiacally more careful if they know that there arent any safety nets than that there are safety nets...
Old 02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Nano

it is a known fact, disabling VDC will have the car implode instantly

same with not using condoms and not washing your hands before eating

Last edited by Nano; 02-05-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
MulhollandDrive

i am concentrated and well rested and ready to carve bends and attack the corners...
jvanquish... Sounds like you have fun with your car. I agree its a kick to drive hard on a curvy road. Although this discussion is great, I would rather now go pop a beer and watch the Super Bowl. I am going to root for Seattle because they are going to kick **** . So maybe that will something better to argue about .
Old 02-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Vamos_Rafael

jvanquish... Sounds like you have fun with your car. I agree its a kick to drive hard on a curvy road. Although this discussion is great, I would rather now go pop a beer and watch the Super Bowl. I am going to root for Seattle because they are going to kick **** . So maybe that will something better to argue about .
lol i think there are other cars to cruise in...
a mercedes or BMW convertible (non-M or AMG)
are great cruiser cars...
imo the Z, S2000, M Power etc cars are designed with an edge/emphasis for attack mode rather than cruise mode...
Old 02-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people are statistiacally more careful if they know that there arent any safety nets than that there are safety nets...
The soccer mom in her SUV about to pull up in front of your doesn't care for your VDC status...

Just don't ruin anybody's life for the "fun of driving netless"...
Old 02-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Vamos_Rafael

the soccer moms here drives the BMW X5 or the Merc M class lol...
More sport oriented than standard ford explorers
imo all soccer moms should get High performance driving education/training lol
matter fact so should everybody lol
Old 02-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Nano

The soccer mom in her SUV about to pull up in front of your doesn't care for your VDC status...

Just don't ruin anybody's life for the "fun of driving netless"...
so people who buy the base model, or have cars without electronic gizmos(from lotus elise to 80hp korean ****box), are ruining people's life?

this discussion is getting sooooooooooooooooooooo REDICULOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

if you are sober and within speed limits, soccer mom will not even be a nuisance. The 350z can be driven in total safety, with or without VDC. Anyone who claims otherwise shouldn't be driving. Are you high on pocket coffees?

Last edited by Nano; 02-05-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:07 PM
MulhollandDrive

lol i think there are other cars to cruise in...
a mercedes or BMW convertible (non-M or AMG)
are great cruiser cars...
imo the Z, S2000, M Power etc cars are designed with an edge/emphasis for attack mode rather than cruise mode...

AArrgh. We got beat bad. But it was a close game at least. The AMG Mercedes are fast, but I would not just write off an SL600
Old 02-06-2006, 03:00 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nano
if you are sober and within speed limits, soccer mom will not even be a nuisance. The 350z can be driven in total safety, with or without VDC. Anyone who claims otherwise shouldn't be driving. Are you high on pocket coffees?
Driving the speed limit, VDC wouldn't come ON now would it?

Yeah, the discussion took a funny twist here. I was addressing JV in particular when I suggested using the VDC as a learning aid. Altough it would be good to anybody who feels the system comes ON for no apparent reason to learn a bit a car feel.

The whole idea of the VDC still ON when OFF is not an legitimate issue IMO. If you can't have enough freedom with it "normaly" OFF, I hope you're not pushing your car in the street...

And saying you drive safer with the VDC OFF is even more rediculous. Total lack of information and common sense here.

Quick Reply: Picture by picture VDC disable (Final Edition) ! ^_^