Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Picture by picture VDC disable (Final Edition) ! ^_^

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 04:11 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolia
Driving the speed limit, VDC wouldn't come ON now would it?

Yeah, the discussion took a funny twist here. I was addressing JV in particular when I suggested using the VDC as a learning aid. Altough it would be good to anybody who feels the system comes ON for no apparent reason to learn a bit a car feel.

The whole idea of the VDC still ON when OFF is not an legitimate issue IMO. If you can't have enough freedom with it "normaly" OFF, I hope you're not pushing your car in the street...

And saying you drive safer with the VDC OFF is even more rediculous. Total lack of information and common sense here.
I think its easier for the rear to slide out at lower speeds (around 10-20mph)
with the VDC switch cUt...
Old 02-06-2006, 04:12 AM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jvanquish
I think its easier for the rear to slide out at lower speeds (around 10-20mph)
with the VDC switch cUt...
I can do it any time with the VDC OFF...
Old 02-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Nano

Originally Posted by Kolia
Driving the speed limit, VDC wouldn't come ON now would it?
Even when you are on the track, the moment you disable VDC, you are aware(you should be aware) that you are on your own. It is not a matter of driving within speed limits, it's just a matter of common sense. The awareness of having it ON or OFF should be enough for anyone with a driving license to drive properly and accordingly. Just like when drive a large pickup, you take conscience of it's dynamics. You should also take conscience of when VDC is OFF or ON and drive with that set in mind. Good awereness when driving, judgement and common sense are infinitely more important than VDC being on/off. In the hands of a moron, the benefits of VDC will be marginal at best. BTW, my VDC comes ON even within speed limits, it is not speed limit dependent.

VDC did give me some freak-outs on the street in relatively high speed turns when driving on large missmatched asphalt joints / potholes. I practically always drive with VDC off, it's the first thing I do whenever I get in the car and I wish I had bought a base. (I turn it on just when the conditions warrant it ie: rain, snow, slippery).

The debate on whehter it's the same with the yaw sensor unplugged and the switch in the off postion. I honestly haven't figure it out yet, I unplugged my yaw sensor but haven't had the chance to drive the car much. A lot of knowledgable points on both sides...

Last edited by Nano; 02-06-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:19 AM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nano
Even when you are on the track, the moment you disable VDC, you are aware(you should be aware) that you are on your own. It is not a matter of driving within speed limits, it's just a matter of common sense. The awareness of having it ON or OFF should be enough for anyone with a driving license to drive properly and accordingly. Just like when drive a large pickup, you take conscience of it's dynamics. You should also take conscience of when VDC is OFF or ON and drive with that set in mind. Good awereness when driving, judgement and common sense are infinitely more important than VDC being on/off. In the hands of a moron, the benefits of VDC will be marginal at best. BTW, my VDC comes ON even within speed limits, it is not speed limit dependent.

VDC did give me some freak-outs on the street in relatively high speed turns when driving on large missmatched asphalt joints / potholes. I practically always drive with VDC off, it's the first thing I do whenever I get in the car and I wish I had bought a base. (I turn it on just when it's slippery conditions).

The debate on whehter it's the same with the yaw sensor unplugged and the switch in the off postion. I honestly haven't figure it out yet, I unplugged my yaw sensor but haven't had the chance to drive the car much. A lot of knowledgable points on both sides...
Agreed

And did you bring me pocket coffees this time around? Forgot to ask before you left...
Old 02-06-2006, 05:22 AM
Nano

yeah, I brought a small load
Old 02-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by Nano

VDC did give me some freak-outs on the street in relatively high speed turns when driving on large missmatched asphalt joints / potholes. I practically always drive with VDC off, it's the first thing I do whenever I get in the car and I wish I had bought a base. (I turn it on just when the conditions warrant it ie: rain, snow, slippery).

good points!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:09 PM
ekoms31

on the main vdc, tcs and abs system you can cut the black ground wire and wire it to a switch and you would not have to reconnect and disconnect it all the time
Old 02-06-2006, 03:01 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ekoms31
on the main vdc, tcs and abs system you can cut the black ground wire and wire it to a switch and you would not have to reconnect and disconnect it all the time

I think it's best to interrupt the power wire, as opposed to the ground wire.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Fletch69z

Does anyone have a diagram for how to wire a fully disabling switch for VDC? I don't want it off all the time but for some occasions I would like to turn it off. I know that someone on the board makes them but I think he's stopped for a while so if anyone has pictures and directions it would be appreciated.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:35 PM
yoppie

God i am so confused lol. Thank god I got an enthusiast without the VDC. Is it really that much pain in the butt? Im looking at getting an 06 grand touring. Im used to the Z with TCS off and no VDC. If I disable the VDC on the grand touring, would it pretty much be just like my enthusiast? Also is there really that much difference with it on. Ive noticed the TCS kick in a few times and the car becomes jerky while accelerating.

Last edited by yoppie; 02-27-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Mahdivr4

Hey

Great post!! Have you tried launching the car from a dead stop??? feel different??? can you do burnt outs now??

I have a 06 G coupe and I can never do burn outs even when VDC is off. I don't really do any dounts, I just want it to be off off when I am at the track (1/4 mile track) so I can heat up my tires and get a good lunch w/o the damn VDC kicking in.

Again thanks for the great post!!

Mahdi
Old 03-02-2006, 02:37 PM
SmokyTyrz

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
Does anyone have a diagram for how to wire a fully disabling switch for VDC? I don't want it off all the time but for some occasions I would like to turn it off. I know that someone on the board makes them but I think he's stopped for a while so if anyone has pictures and directions it would be appreciated.
All you would have to do is wire in a switch onto the power wire (orange I think) in the harness going to the yaw sensor plug under the center console.

Nice run on sentence, eh?

Anyway, that's it in a nutshell. Go to Radio Shack, find a switch that you like, .....just needs to be 1-3a, single pole/single throw to keep it simple..... And then cut the power wire on the harness, solder each end to one of the two switch contacts, then mount the switch. Position A = Off, Position B = On. I believe turning it on requires a restart with the key.

That should be it.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:16 PM
rolling

Originally Posted by jvanquish
yeah cuz it happens so often during spirited driving/auto-x etc
no i think he just climaxed..
Old 03-02-2006, 08:08 PM
bacalhau16

Originally Posted by Mahdivr4
Hey

Great post!! Have you tried launching the car from a dead stop??? feel different??? can you do burnt outs now??

I have a 06 G coupe and I can never do burn outs even when VDC is off.

Mahdi
your car should be able to do burnouts with the VDC off, i have a feeling that ur car has the 19's on it though, or its an auto, or both. might i be correct at all?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Mahdivr4

Originally Posted by bacalhau16
your car should be able to do burnouts with the VDC off, i have a feeling that ur car has the 19's on it though, or its an auto, or both. might i be correct at all?

Yeah I can do dounts just fine yes it is 19's but it is not an auto. Its 6spd.

Thanks

Mahdi
Old 03-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Vamos_Rafael

i just pluged my VDC back in again...
Old 03-22-2006, 06:25 AM
cms-35z

Linked for later... I think I may install my own switch on this so I can easily turn it back on during adverse conditions.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Fear Night

I'm glad I got the non-Trainingwheels Enthusiast trim.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by Fear Night
I'm glad I got the non-Trainingwheels Enthusiast trim.
you still got training wheels
but less
Base is the non-training wheels trim