Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got my Z serviced at Toyota!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 03:46 AM
Moreorles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Z serviced at Toyota!!

I am a long time owner of Toyota's and currently own a Sienna minivan. The Z is my first Nissan. I have come to find out that the local Nissan dealership is a pain to deal with. You have to schedule an oil change a week out and then drop the car off. There is no pulling up, waiting for the oil change and then leaving. To top it off an oil change is around $30. I have a long time great relationship with my local Toyota service shop. I called them up and they said they could do whatever I needed done on it. No appointment necessary. The service manager himself pulled it in to the bay and pulled it out. He was the only one to drive it. The service guys were all over the Z. I don't think they had ever seen one up close. I will not be going back to the local Nissan unless it is absolutely necessary. Oh yeah, the oil change with the works was $20, and every 6th one is free. Guaranteed in 30 minutes or less.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:16 AM
ssgohan434

Haha, and i thought i was the only one that serviced their brand new Z at toyota. We get 16.95 regular oil changes there using our VIP savings card (u get one if u buy a car from them). All 3 of our cars get serviced there; a Nissan, and 2 Toyotas. But they all get mobil 1 synthetic. :-p
Old 02-09-2006, 04:55 AM
spacemn_spiff

Originally Posted by Moreorles
Guaranteed in 30 minutes or less.
My local Nissan dealer has that sign outside his service center and you have to take appointments at the local Toyota dealer for a oil change. I do my oil changes at home, never had to use the Nissan dealer.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:01 AM
bobS

Hmmm i don't know if i would be laughing at the techs having never seen a z up close. That should tell you something. You shouldn't get your car serviced at a facility that isn't properly trained for that vehicle. Not only that but they don't have the equipement to read the potential codes stored in the vehicle ecu or have any access to recalls that you may not know about. Its ashame your nissan dealer is so bad, mine in NJ is amazing, i would look for another nissan dealer or even take it to the local infiniti dealer.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:15 AM
NismoNitsuj

You can get any car serviced anywhere. Especially when it comes to body work.

I just like the guys at my dealership, that's why I go there even though it's a 40 minute drive.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:52 AM
zdotcom

I have always used Nissan. But for oil changes, I go to my local Firestone because I have their preferred credit card. With that card I get $14.99 oil changes for life. The manager is a friend of mine so I know that the Z it taken care of.

BTW, I get free tire rotation with the card as well. Wait until they have to do that for free on the Z. haha!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Moreorles

Originally Posted by bobS
Hmmm i don't know if i would be laughing at the techs having never seen a z up close. That should tell you something. You shouldn't get your car serviced at a facility that isn't properly trained for that vehicle. Not only that but they don't have the equipement to read the potential codes stored in the vehicle ecu or have any access to recalls that you may not know about. Its ashame your nissan dealer is so bad, mine in NJ is amazing, i would look for another nissan dealer or even take it to the local infiniti dealer.

Unfortunately the next closest Nissan or Infiniti dealership is over an hour away. If I need codes read or recalls performed I will take it to my local Nissan and deal with the inconveniences that come with that. The funny thing is that they just built a new nissan service department. Before they did, the management went over to the Toyota service department to see how it was set up and run. They then built their service department so that it in no way resembled toyota's. the waiting room sucks, you actually have to wak into the bay area to find a tech to talk to and to set up appointments.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:30 AM
mdracer76
Banned

HAHAHA! Thats great! ... Its like saying you took your ford to a chevy dealer for service.. LOL
Old 02-09-2006, 06:49 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you get a free decal? cooool.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:49 AM
cvt

i don't think oil changes are that hard...any mechanic should be able to do it....
Old 02-09-2006, 08:40 AM
ZPatrick

Originally Posted by Moreorles
I am a long time owner of Toyota's and currently own a Sienna minivan. The Z is my first Nissan. I have come to find out that the local Nissan dealership is a pain to deal with. You have to schedule an oil change a week out and then drop the car off. There is no pulling up, waiting for the oil change and then leaving. To top it off an oil change is around $30. I have a long time great relationship with my local Toyota service shop. I called them up and they said they could do whatever I needed done on it. No appointment necessary. The service manager himself pulled it in to the bay and pulled it out. He was the only one to drive it. The service guys were all over the Z. I don't think they had ever seen one up close. I will not be going back to the local Nissan unless it is absolutely necessary. Oh yeah, the oil change with the works was $20, and every 6th one is free. Guaranteed in 30 minutes or less.
+1
Old 02-09-2006, 08:45 AM
zman1910

Originally Posted by bobS
So what....just bc they admire the Z and want to look at it they aren't qualified to do an oil change? He isn't going there to get codes read nor to get a recall issue fixed...I don't see the problem. Some people need to stop acting like the Z is a Ferrari or Lamborghini..sheesh
Old 02-09-2006, 09:24 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

+1 on oil change anywhere, as long as they dont jack nothing up, and yes the nissan dealership has jacked my car up with just an oil change, they put the lift where the bolt on the lift leg was pushing up on the bottom of my rocker, i always let air out of the tires, and they have never air them up, so i know they arent checking that either? i will end up seeing if the other dealership in my area is any better, once mine is done giving me all my free stuff from messing my car up.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:09 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

i get my oil changes for free.. for life.. done in 30 min or less also.. but i have to drive 30 min
Old 02-09-2006, 10:35 AM
RED HOT Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jack stands and 14mm wrench is all you need dont be lazy and get a little dirty
Old 02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
bobS

Originally Posted by idwin
+1 on oil change anywhere, as long as they dont jack nothing up, and yes the nissan dealership has jacked my car up with just an oil change, they put the lift where the bolt on the lift leg was pushing up on the bottom of my rocker, i always let air out of the tires, and they have never air them up, so i know they arent checking that either? i will end up seeing if the other dealership in my area is any better, once mine is done giving me all my free stuff from messing my car up.

I'm not saying the z is a ferrari, and anyone can do an oil change, i'm just saying that usually a dealer will look for other things when bringing the car in for an oil change. There are a lot of internal things that i bet we dont know about till later. I sell freightliner trucks for a living and before that worked for mercedes/detriot diesel/allison transmissions selling reman engines and trannies, there were a lot of recalls and issues we knew about that the customer did not and when i had a customer in for service i would let him know and make sure we did them. Basically my point is, if your going to bring it to a dealer you might as well bring it to a nissan dealer. Assuming the dealer is good they should make sure your car is updated with all the recent service recalls/bulletins. I know the originator of this post said his nissan dealer sucks, thats ashame and if i were him i would go somewhere else also.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
stein

Originally Posted by RED HOT Z
jack stands and 14mm wrench is all you need dont be lazy and get a little dirty
I agree this is the simplest thing one can do to ones car. And as your under they you can take a look around for possible problems like leakage or missing pieces. The stealership or any shop for that matter, will generally exagerate issues siting safety concerns.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:53 PM
rmesola

Originally Posted by davidv

Did you get a free decal? cooool.
I'm gonna get myself a window banner and put it on my Z.... waddya think?
Old 02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
compitaveggie

I just got my oil change today at Mossy Nissan. I had to make an appointment one day in advance. I took my own oil(royal purple) and oil filter(k@n) which cost me a total of $40 atPep Boys and the dealer charged me $12.74 to do the change and they even washed my car. They also check to see if I have any recalls. I think $52.74 for an oil change with royal purple synthetic oil and a K@N oil filter done at the dealer with a free car wash is a great deal. I guess it just depends where you live.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:34 PM
ssgohan434

Originally Posted by compitaveggie
I just got my oil change today at Mossy Nissan. I had to make an appointment one day in advance. I took my own oil(royal purple) and oil filter(k@n) which cost me a total of $40 atPep Boys and the dealer charged me $12.74 to do the change and they even washed my car. They also check to see if I have any recalls. I think $52.74 for an oil change with royal purple synthetic oil and a K@N oil filter done at the dealer with a free car wash is a great deal. I guess it just depends where you live.
That sounds more like they ripped ur another *******. I wouldnt let the dealership wash my car for free, i always tell them no wash and to write it down on the work order slip; and they always understand since it comes in already clean as a whistle.

Quick Reply: Got my Z serviced at Toyota!!