Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is so not fair..... :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 05:49 AM
robbycolli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nissan/350z/edition - gran turismo

I too was extreemly interested in this game so I called the number on the game (800-345-7669) and spoke with a PS representative about how I could order this version of the game. Although the guy (Chris) I spoke with was not familure with the game, he seemed very interested and went to the extent of logging onto my350z.com. He assured me that he would ask up the chain of command to find out what he could about this game and get back in touch with me. I can't help but believe it would be helpful if several other people called and expressed their interest in purchasing this game.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:51 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by InternetABYSS

FEEL FREE TO DELET MY POSTS
You actually have 90 minutes (I think) from the time of your posting to delete your own posts. Go to the post, click 'edit', and then you can delete.

I would for you, but only you can.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:58 AM
VandyZ

Originally posted by VQracer

No no no no!!! This is the real 350Z!!!!!! Not the orange concept on GT3!!!!!
I was only offering one solution for his apparent need!
Old 07-03-2002, 06:03 AM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

I think I will cry now...
...then boot up the PS2 to earn the ZConcept. The problem is that "GT Concept" is Japanese market only, so without modding the PS2, the only way to play the 350Z in the US is via the press-kit DVD.

I really want the full press-kit goodies, and I am hoping that Nissan sales goes over to Nissan marketing and asks them, "So how much was each press packet?" Once that's done, the Nissan sales guys can just slap a 2 x price on it and throw it up on the internet for sale. Don't forget that the more you make the cheaper the package will be.

You can even do pre-orders so you do not have to manufacture any until you know the total number to order. If you figure that each pre-order customer will buy 1 (with a few exceptions), just make 4000 of them, and make them limited edition available only to preorders. I am sure that most of us can come up with a few dollars.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:07 AM
InternetABYSS

hold on...im not deleting yet because im still posting

im calling that number you gave me now....

Jay the only car i care about is the 350z...so i dont care if it is the full version.

I dont car if the race track is just a circle....i still want it im easily entertained.

hey how you get the press kit?....

you know i got a crappy website uo.... www.internetabyss.com its only got 350z stuff on it.

well im gonna try anything

If anymembers are disgusted about my nutty behavior about getting this game...sorry but you dont understand how long i been looking for a american version of a game with the production z.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:30 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by VQracer
OK 1000th post. What do I get?
Back on my ignore list.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:33 AM
kroams

ZISME said they were putting something "special" together for the pre-order folk. I don't think the CD everyone received was TOO special although it was nice. Perhaps the CD was something basic they had always planned and the DVD/PS2 game is the "special" thing they are preparing to ship?? Its possible.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:03 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

ACK. I can't STAND this. BUT I've figured it out. The 350Z does not EXIST. Its all a scam by Nissan to get money out of us. They have sent out the 350Z game KNOWING we are all can have heart attacks and die because we can't have it. Then they keep our preorder deposits. What a BRILLIANT DIABOLICAL scheme. Oh oh, I feel the BIG ONE coming on...I'M COMIN TO JOIN YOU MARTH.......
Old 07-03-2002, 07:13 AM
alllaw
Charter Member #46

You guys are a hoot - hang in there - it'll be okay, and we'll all be happy.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:34 AM
Killermove

Default WHAT!!??? JAY!? Did you just say that??

Originally posted by JmanZ
Let's face it, creating dvd's and specially made PS2 games aren't exactly cheap. Now compound that out over the 7500 or so preorders and yikes, Nissan is dropping 50,000-100,000 they really don't need to.
-j-
Okay, I'm a wierdo economics guy...I studied it in school and loved it (yeah, I told you I'm a bit wierd)...took many many course (something around 9 dedicated courses) dealing with all aspects of economics...so let me "educate" you Jay -- even though you seem bright enough already, you have apprently missed this:

Did Nissan develop a special edition of GT3 that only had the 350Z in it?? YES -- you have a copy.

NOW...if Nissan distributes 16 copies, how much did it cost them to develop it?? (We don't know, but lets say X dollars, and pressing the CD's costs Y dollars).

So, total cost is this: X + 16Y

Now I'd like you to think about how much CD's cost. Hmm...CHEAP AS DIRT. How much does it cost to get 7500 CD's pressed?? NEXT TO NOTHING! I'd say under $1 per CD at that volume.

SO...lets look back at our equation:

X + 7500Y = total cost

Now, how much does it cost to develop a game?? LOTS...how much to develop a car for the game...hmmm...I'll ball park it: $35,000.

Let's see what that does to our equation:

Nissan makes 16 CD's:
35,000 + 16(1) = $35,016.00

If Nissan makes 7,500 CD's:
35,000 + 7,500(1) = $42,000.00

Now, the numbers are most certainly not correct, but it's the IDEA that counts --

Increasing the number of copies distributed does NOT increase the cost of development!

DEVELOPMENT is a SUNK COST! If they make 100 CD's development costs the same as if they make 7,500 CD's. YES, it costs Nissan money to make and distribute 7,500 CD's but there is NO WAY that it would cost $50k to press and mail 7.500 CD's -- NO WAY.

The majority of the cost is in the DEVELOPMENT -- and it was developed ANYWAY! I feel that Nissan should DEFINITELY make it available for us, if not send EVERYBODY who preordered a copy even though they may not have a PS2!! I thought the pack we got was decent, not great, but decent. But not getting the PS2 game?? THAT SUCKS! Nissan screwed up BIGTIME! Who are thye making the cars for anyway? The people who write aobut them, or BUY them!????

I'd like to put the cost of creating and distributing the CD's into perspective. My borther is a photographer. They will go and spend 4 days shooting trees in North Carolina for a catalog of outdoor clothing (no joke). Estimated daily cost: $6,000 to $10,000. (Hey -- they put a lot of work into picking out the right trees, then making them look good.)

The photos we got on our CD and earlier (Daytona Blue, Redline, and LeMans Sunset) we most definitely professionally done. He estimated that it took AT LEAST one day to shoot each different color car. That tells me that they spent AT LEAST several THOUSAND dollars ($15k-$20k) to do those pictures...

AND THEY DIDN'T SPEND HALF THAT TO SEND ALL OF US A CD???

Oh Nissan, you screwed the pooch on that one.

Saddend and dismayed...

Ryan
Old 07-03-2002, 07:54 AM
kroams

You don't know if you will be receiving a copy or not. Perhaps the press folks got it first since they didn't have enough made yet for everyone else. Nissan hasn't "screwed" anything up yet. Also I bet it took them MAYBE one day to compile a customized version of GT3 with the 350Z. I am sure that was not too difficult considering they just had to change a few things about the Z concept and add the colors. Also DVD's are still much more expensive to duplicate than CD's especially if only for < 10,000 copies.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:43 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: WHAT!!??? JAY!? Did you just say that??

Originally posted by Killermove

Did Nissan develop a special edition of GT3 that only had the 350Z in it?? YES -- you have a copy.

Maybe Nissan didn't develop the special edition you refer to. Maybe they sold the rights to the likeness of the Z for gaming purposes to, a gaming company, such as Sony. I think this is what happened:

Sony, knowing that some people will be excited for the game ("....I WILL PAY OUT THE A@@ FOR THAT GAME>>>>>>>>") decided it would be a good move. Nissan also knew that people would go crazy for the 350Z likeness in a game, but also realized that they were a car manufacturer, and didn't have the infrastructure in place to handle software sales (" I AM CRAZY ENOUGH TO CALL EVERY PHONE EXTENSION AT NNA AND ASK FOR A COPY").

Negotiations on a price for the rights weren't going well for Nissan, so they had to resort to begging ("PLEASE PLEASE DO SO......YOU WILL MAKE A SMALL FORTUNE IF YOU DO......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE"). Sony finally agreed to a price.

Later, when Nissan asked Sony if they could get 10,000 copies of the game ("PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE........WITH SUGAR ON TOP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"), Sony turned them down.

Nissan wasn't happy ("THAT IS SO MUCH CRAP.........."), but what could they do.

And this ends my theory (" ......TRUST ME I WILL SHUT UP>>>>")on why Nissan was only given a few copies of the game, which they decided to send to the press.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:06 AM
Killermove

Maybe -- it could have gone somthing like that.

True or not, you did a good job of telling the story

Ryan
Old 07-03-2002, 09:17 AM
knihc2008

ah that's why you need the full gran turismo concept game. heh heh heh.

but anywho, what i don't have is the ability to change the 350z's colors. i'm sure a press kit will be on ebay in a few days for not too much money...i'll just wait to get my sweaty palms on one of those.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:29 PM
#15Blade

Originally posted by JmanZ
hahahaha

Abyss you nut.

I am thinking the reason this DVD and PS2 game was not made widely available is more than likely cost. Let's face it, creating dvd's and specially made PS2 games aren't exactly cheap. Now compound that out over the 7500 or so preorders and yikes, Nissan is dropping 50,000-100,000 they really don't need to.

I'm not the man with the plan though, so that's just my guess.

-j-
On the contrary. Whatever they spent to make it for the pre-order folks, they spent. Now it should only cost them $0.50 per disk to make more. They could (and should) make lots and lots of copies available as a marketing too. Put them in the dealerships and give them out to prospective buyers, mail them out to those asking for them, etc. Its targeted marketing, and much more effective and cost effective than multimillion dollar add campaigns displayed to anyone and everyone who watches television.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:34 PM
jeffw

ZISME made a post about the game on ZCAR:

http://zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=53863&t=53815

Author: ZISME (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: Jul 3, 6:42am

Press kits are very limited and have a very specific use...we tried to make the game available to pre-sell consumers but Sony would not agree to the quantities. The game by the way is a one lap "demo" version of GT3 and not the full game.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:47 PM
Quadry

Default PS2

I want the game so bad. I have been playing the hell out of GT3 to earn it. It helps pass the time. When I saw that disk, I about fell out of my chair. I can sympathize with you abyss. If I find out where to get it, I will post.
Old 07-04-2002, 03:53 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by jeffw
[BAuthor: ZISME (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: Jul 3, 6:42am

...we tried to make the game available to pre-sell consumers but Sony would not agree to the quantities.
[/B]
Looks like I guessed (?) right!