Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Evo or 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:17 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350Z007
It's not false information. The buschur kit uses the stock exhaust manifold jet coated and the other kit is $3700 which is close to 4K like I said 4-6K. Also the Ultimate Racing kit for $3700 is not one that I've seen a lot of people run. I used to own an evo so I did a lot of shopping. Thx
please reread buschurs site.

The kit includes but is not limited to: Ball Bearing GT35R Turbocharger, BR produced cast exhaust manifold produced from NI-Resist material, TiAL 38MM Wastegate, stainless steel O2 housing, replacement low profile cooling fan, oil feed line, oil return line, misc fittings, bolts and gaskets.

the kit includes a manifold. i dont care if its a modified stocker, or a one off piece. its a complete big turbo kit for $3000.

now plz stop trying to backtrack. you said it cost ~5k for a z kit, and that much for an evo kit.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
350Z007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PoWeRtRiP
please reread buschurs site.

The kit includes but is not limited to: Ball Bearing GT35R Turbocharger, BR produced cast exhaust manifold produced from NI-Resist material, TiAL 38MM Wastegate, stainless steel O2 housing, replacement low profile cooling fan, oil feed line, oil return line, misc fittings, bolts and gaskets.

the kit includes a manifold. i dont care if its a modified stocker, or a one off piece. its a complete big turbo kit for $3000.

now plz stop trying to backtrack. you said it cost ~5k for a z kit, and that much for an evo kit.
Well if you want to be argumentative I can throw up a bunch of links to kits that are 5K so what. Some kits are more some are less. The point is they are around 5K!

Here ya go:
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Evo/evoeng.htm - top three kits

http://www.logicperformance.com/data...roducts_id=243

http://www.logicperformance.com/data...roducts_id=242

http://www.machevo.com/hksgt3037kit.html

There ya go.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally Posted by 350Z007
Well if you want to be argumentative I can throw up a bunch of links to kits that are 5K so what. Some kits are more some are less. The point is they are around 5K!

There ya go.
you were implying that any kit for the evo costs just as much as a z. now that we know that is not true, we can move. i was just clearing up the misunderstanding.

and dont ever trust the price on the site. there are usually deals to be had for less. (group buys, specials, haggling, etc.)

sure some are 5k, but several are <4k. thats what i was pointing out.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
At risk of my edit getting lost:

what do you drive?
How is this relevant?

At the moment I drive a hyundai accent (because I was previously driving an SRT-4, but I drive 30k miles a year, and it wasn't practical for many reasons). Save about $500-$600/mo over my previous car.

I won't be driving nearly as much anymore, so now I am in the market for a used Z possibly.

If you want to know what car I drive to try and discredit me, good luck. Facts are facts and what I drive doesn't change them.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:40 AM
350Z007

you were implying that any kit for the evo costs just as much as a z. now that we know that is not true, we can move. i was just clearing up the misunderstanding.

and dont ever trust the price on the site. there are usually deals to be had for less. (group buys, specials, haggling, etc.)

sure some are 5k, but several are <4k. thats what i was pointing out.
Cool, I got your point. I was just throwing out a round about number. There are definately deals out there.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 AM
wastedyolk

Go with the Z, First off more bling factor, second more refined cockpit then a Evo. My last car was audi so I feel were your coming from. Sitting in the evo just didn't do it for me, when I sat in the Z I felt it right away.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
How is this relevant?

At the moment I drive a hyundai accent (because I was previously driving an SRT-4, but I drive 30k miles a year, and it wasn't practical for many reasons). Save about $500-$600/mo over my previous car.

I won't be driving nearly as much anymore, so now I am in the market for a used Z possibly.

If you want to know what car I drive to try and discredit me, good luck. Facts are facts and what I drive doesn't change them.
I just wanted to know.

Anyway... like someone mentioned all you are really doing is spouting out info found in magazines or internet forums or whatever, then trying to back it up with a couple of test drives.

Let's stick to the facts:

I bought the Z, and after being a passenger in many evos, decided to give one a test drive.

All you've ever done is test drive the Evo and Z.

I know a lot more about driving the Z than you will ever know. I *never even knew* how great the steering response was in the Z until I took it to the track. In fact, I had posted before on these forums that I felt that the steering was lazy in the Z. Of course, thats what you get when you drive a heavy car at slow speeds.

But when you're going fast, all bets are off. The Evo feels more nimble at street speeds - I'll give you that. But you've never taken either car to the track, yet you seem to know all about steering feel. I wonder if you got to do some "sweet canyon runs" on your test drives.

I'm not so immature as to try to discredit you for driving a Hyundai. But I laugh at the fact that your limited background of cars gives you the ability to refute subjective opinions (subjective opinions which you still say are "wrong")

In any case, all I've really said from the beginning is that the Evo outperforms the Z but the Z is more elegant and refined. It's a higher class of car, whether it's cheaper or not as good performance or whatever. Of course this is another subjective opinion. All you've ever done is come back and say how much better the Evo performs... but if you're trying to say it's more refined than a Z, then to you.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by bhk1004
i dont understand how you feel that the evo has all these things better than the Z. ive raced evos... always on the highway though since thats where i always find em. Never lost to one... and performance mods...? im under 1000 dollars and i honestly doubt ull find a evo under 1000 dollars that will beat me straight away. my friend with an evo also has driven my car and he said with his own mouth that my car feels more stable around corners and much easier to deal with if anything goes wrong, unlike the evo where whenever he loses control he feels like the car is just going to go into a wall. like I Said, evo or 350z its all personal decision. i feel the performance is very similiar if the 0-60 launch on the evo is taken out. and absolutely nothing ive said on this thread is false.... PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I WAS (quoting you) "mislead people into thinking false things". YOU DONT OWN EITHER CARRRR SO STFU UR MISLEADING WITH YOU STUPID FORUM READING AND MAGAZINE RACING.
It does because it's been proven it has better performance. You with 1k in mods vs an evo with 1k, an evo will win. With just a chip and exhaust they can trap well above what you can with 1k in mods. This just shows your ignorance about evos and their performance. There is one example of something false you posted. If I cared enough to go through your previous posts, I'm confident I could find others. But for the sake of my sanity, I'll leave it at that.

Not sure how you're car could "feel more stable" with RWD and a softer suspension, but whatever.

Please continue to get pissed off, it really shows how you can't even debate with me without trying to discredit me through idiotic logic such as "you don't own either car". I've driven both, so I know the differences in how they drive.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 AM
350Z007

I've driven both, so I know the differences in how they drive.
Going on a test drive for a few minutes and taking the car to the track are two different things.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I just wanted to know.

Anyway... like someone mentioned all you are really doing is spouting out info found in magazines or internet forums or whatever, then trying to back it up with a couple of test drives.

Let's stick to the facts:

I bought the Z, and after being a passenger in many evos, decided to give one a test drive.

All you've ever done is test drive the Evo and Z.

I know a lot more about driving the Z than you will ever know. I *never even knew* how great the steering response was in the Z until I took it to the track. In fact, I had posted before on these forums that I felt that the steering was lazy in the Z. Of course, thats what you get when you drive a heavy car at slow speeds.

But when you're going fast, all bets are off. The Evo feels more nimble at street speeds - I'll give you that. But you've never taken either car to the track, yet you seem to know all about steering feel. I wonder if you got to do some "sweet canyon runs" on your test drives.

I'm not so immature as to try to discredit you for driving a Hyundai. But I laugh at the fact that your limited background of cars gives you the ability to refute subjective opinions (subjective opinions which you still say are "wrong")

In any case, all I've really said from the beginning is that the Evo outperforms the Z but the Z is more elegant and refined. It's a higher class of car, whether it's cheaper or not as good performance or whatever. Of course this is another subjective opinion. All you've ever done is come back and say how much better the Evo performs... but if you're trying to say it's more refined than a Z, then to you.
They aren't as subjective as you'd like to think. Yes SOME of what you've said are; but a lot of you guys have posted under the blanket of being "subjective" is not parallel to the facts (ie responsiveness). And I didn't post my entire car history either.

No I haven't taken either to the track, or drive them in the twisties. My opinions are formed off of my experience with both cars and factual evidence that does not conform to the "subjective opinions" that have been offered in this thread.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:51 AM
PoWeRtRiP

from what ive read there are only 2 ppl here that have OWNED both. me and one other (from what i read).

so are we the only ones able to make a qualified comparison? if so i gladly will.

2003 DB Touring Z with full boltons
2005 RR EVO VIII with TBE
Old 02-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by r26
Hypnoz, maybe you should buy a scion tc. i used to have one. it throws you into the seat much more than the z does. must be a z killer, right?
While this post doesn't deserve a reply, you have lured me. What are you? 16 years old? You can't even follow simple logic? He wants a car that's fun to drive, the faster it feels the funner it is to drive. The Z does not feel as fast as the evo, plain and simple.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:54 AM
350Z007

from what ive read there are only 2 ppl here that have OWNED both. me and one other (from what i read).

so are we the only ones able to make a qualified comparison? if so i gladly will.

2003 DB Touring Z with full boltons
2005 RR EVO VIII with TBE
+1
2006 PPW 06 Gt
2004 EVO VIII with:
AEM Intake
TurboXS 3" TBE
TurboXS Test Pipe
Greddy Type-S BOV
Greddy Profec B II @ 22psi
Apexi SAFC II
HKS TT
Megan O2 Housing
Megan Tubular Manifold
10.5 Hotside
Buschur Standard IC
Logic Performace 2.5" IC Piping Kit

Last edited by 350Z007; 02-22-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 AM
r26

It does because it's been proven it has better performance. You with 1k in mods vs an evo with 1k, an evo will win. With just a chip and exhaust they can trap well above what you can with 1k in mods. This just shows your ignorance about evos and their performance. There is one example of something false you posted. If I cared enough to go through your previous posts, I'm confident I could find others. But for the sake of my sanity, I'll leave it at that.

Not sure how you're car could "feel more stable" with RWD and a softer suspension, but whatever.

Please continue to get pissed off, it really shows how you can't even debate with me without trying to discredit me through idiotic logic such as "you don't own either car". I've driven both, so I know the differences in how they drive.

not sure how it feel more stable? look under a z, tell me what you think. do you think all the components were added just to make the z heavier. aerodynamics also plays a big role.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:00 AM
r26

While this post doesn't deserve a reply, you have lured me. What are you? 16 years old? You can't even follow simple logic? He wants a car that's fun to drive, the faster it feels the funner it is to drive. The Z does not feel as fast as the evo, plain and simple.
I am 25 and you are an idiot. what did you get from my post? I was referring to your judgment on cars. I don't want the "the faster it feels the funner it is to drive"; that is all you. Maybe you should go back and look at your post.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 AM
bhk1004

Hypnoz dont be stupid... im putting down almost 400hp with under 1k in go fast mods... tell me what evo will take me with under 1k in mods? please....
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by r26
Read his posts. He thinks the srt is faster than the z. I don't think he has ever driven the z. He's also another one of those who likes to say "the z doesn't feel fast, what's up", then goes on about how the accord feels faster. Well, go and be an ignorant moron and buy the accord.
You have the reading comprehension of a 6th grader. Did you make it to Jr. High yet?

Quote me where I have said the SRT-4 is faster than the Z? I have not. They are nearly equal (I've raced many). The Z DOES NOT FEEL as fast as an 04+ ex 6spd accord. Whether this is due to the suspension, or whatever, I don't know. I have driven 2 Z's. I have never said I would ever buy a honduh. If you are going to dig into my post history, have the intelligence to fully comprehend what I was saying.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 AM
bhk1004

jsut curious hypnoz, just cause u feel the evo is more fun to drive, does that mean that its more fun for every person? isnt that an opinion that is different for every person? i mean honestly i drove an evo and i thought the blow off valve was cool, (aftermarket) but taht was about it. i wanted to get back into my Z after around 5-10 minutes.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by bhk1004
Hypnoz dont be stupid... im putting down almost 400hp with under 1k in go fast mods... tell me what evo will take me with under 1k in mods? please....
What is your wheel horsepower? That's all that matters. Why would you tell me your crankhp?
Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 AM
PoWeRtRiP

ok guys repeat after me

funner is not a word

you should say more fun

Quick Reply: Evo or 350Z