Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

A couple of newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 04:12 AM
midlifecrises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of newbie questions

Hi guys, new to this car and new to the forum. Got a couple of kind of simple questions that I didn't see on the search:

1) Does anyone have trouble with the bumm warmers? Mine does great on high, but on low I can barely feel it and wonder if it is turning on.

2) Are there problems with the mechanics of the seat wearing out? Since I am really short, I have to set the seat back every time I get out of the car (as otherwise there is no way to get in and out without breaking my legs). Is this going to put undue wear and tear on this mechanism?

Nothing else, really love the car so far!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:51 AM
"Z"orilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems to report here. I love my car!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:55 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by midlifecrises
Hi guys, new to this car and new to the forum. Got a couple of kind of simple questions that I didn't see on the search:

1) Does anyone have trouble with the bumm warmers? Mine does great on high, but on low I can barely feel it and wonder if it is turning on.

2) Are there problems with the mechanics of the seat wearing out? Since I am really short, I have to set the seat back every time I get out of the car (as otherwise there is no way to get in and out without breaking my legs). Is this going to put undue wear and tear on this mechanism?

Nothing else, really love the car so far!!!!
I feel mine when its on low if its not extremely cold (which is in the 20s to low 30s out here hehe) but normally I put it on high to warm up then keep it on low when it gets too hot.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:40 AM
jamnew

Originally Posted by blasian
I feel mine when its on low if its not extremely cold (which is in the 20s to low 30s out here hehe) but normally I put it on high to warm up then keep it on low when it gets too hot.
+1 My seats work fine on low. The heater rises to the temp and then cuts off until the seat cools. Leave it on it will work. Don't move the seat when you get out, move the steering wheel. The steering wheel is much easier to adjust on entry.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:44 AM
midlifecrises

Steering wheel is already in up position. Because I am so short, the seat has to sit quite far forward so I can reach the clutch (every car I've ever had it is practically as far forward as it can go). With the doors as big as they are, and the wheel at such a low position (even when at the highest point), I can't sqeeze my lard butt in properly. Anyone know if the seat mechanisms are a problem after time?

Thanks for the bumm warmer comments.