Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Weird Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 01:13 PM
DevinB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Window Problem

I just recently got my 350z and already am having a problem. After driving with my window rolled completly up, when i stop and turn off the ignition and shut the door. The window will roll down about halfway after the door was shut. Anyone here of a problem like this. It doesnt happen all the time, but it does more often than not.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:40 PM
mxjosh711

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have an 03 and the same problem...... havnt takin it intop nissan yet... but it gets very very anoying...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:46 PM
DevinB

well i took it to Nissan and they said that there was a 45 - 94 dollar charge for diagnosis and possibly more if a part is required to fix it.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:50 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The windows on the 350Z don't work properly. I am truly shocked!
Old 03-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Ken Corsun

Originally Posted by DevinB
well i took it to Nissan and they said that there was a 45 - 94 dollar charge for diagnosis and possibly more if a part is required to fix it.
Is this a new car? If so the problem should, obviously, be covered under the warranty. If it is a used car there is an implied warranty for perhaps 90 days. I think this should be covered. If the car is out of warranty; pay.

The problem sounds like it's related to the feature that lowers the window slightly (about 1/8th inch) when the door is open and then closes it when the door is closed so a good seal is made at the top of the window.

Ken
Old 03-06-2006, 02:07 PM
jy535

i had the same problem..... both of my windows broke........ before 36k miles..... they fixed it..... i also think it was causing my alarm to go off.... it would go off for no apperent reason, then after the windows were fixed, it stopped happening........ i had my car painted, when i got it back the window was fine.... then it fell off the track and the motor burnt out, i brought it to nissan and it is under warranty until 12k miles is up or 12 months, something like that.... i brought it back to the guy that painted my car, and he said they put it back toegtehr like ****, and said they should have replaced the molding which theye didn't..... they told me they weren't payin for it, i asked them how they knew it wasn't there guys fault for putting a screw back in half ***'d, and they said no hes nissan certified, i said so he doesn't make mistakes, hah, and she said well im not saying that...... the motor sits on a peice of metel, although the guy that painted my car took that peice out, he said there is no reason to take the motor off the peice of metal..... so all in all i got ****'d hardcore, it cost me 300 in change..... i will never buy another nissan again...... lexus was the best service i've ever had......
Old 03-06-2006, 02:18 PM
TurboSteve

I just got my Z 2 days ago, and when my wife came home last night, she told me that the window on the Z was halfway down. I walked outside and sure enough it was....

It's a conspiracy!!!! I'll probably make an appointment to take it into the Nissan dealer
Old 03-06-2006, 02:25 PM
danroydlc

Originally Posted by DevinB
I just recently got my 350z and already am having a problem. After driving with my window rolled completly up, when i stop and turn off the ignition and shut the door. The window will roll down about halfway after the door was shut. Anyone here of a problem like this. It doesnt happen all the time, but it does more often than not.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
I had this problem a week after I got my car, when i had the chance I scheduled for a check up at the dealer and they did it for free... the tech said he just reset the window motor. He even said not to close the door with the window down since this mainly do the problem to the sensors.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:18 PM
iknowitsfast

hell my window doesnt even roll down when its cold!!!! wtf? 03's man.....03's
Old 03-06-2006, 05:31 PM
stevenkseward

dude I have an 06. You know how the windows come down a little when you open the doors and when you close them they seal back up? Well it wasnt sealing all the way. So they replaced both window motors/kits just to be safe. go to the dealership dude. you're driving one of their top models and they should treat you like royalty. I'm 19 and I get treated like a king and therefor will always go to them for business.

-Steve-
Old 03-06-2006, 06:04 PM
DevinB

its used and my warranty has expired. Looks like im gonna have to pay. No popcharger for me.