Old 05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
horse110

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck man sucks to hear this
Old 05-25-2006, 01:21 PM
MacRayZ

Originally Posted by jcarp
i'm two months behind and i just cant see paying for a car that when i made the first payment the car was not even running. i see your point and my attorney has stated to me that it might be good to get the payments up to date but after the way nissan has handled the matter with me i hope that they burn in hell. when it is settled and nissan decides to take the car back my credit history will be restored. until then i continue to fight.
Actually it will still show up on your report but be listed as settled. Can still hurt your credit and you have to explain it to your next mortgage broker. Don't think your hurting Nissan by holding off payment; you are only hurting your credit.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:21 PM
LATEZ

are you suing the dlr or NNA ? and what $ for lost use of car or for repairs
Old 05-26-2006, 06:46 PM
jcarp

right now i'm just trying to settle out of court for the cost of the first month payment and lawyer fees. if it goes to arbitration i will ask for compensation. this has taken up all of my time for no fault of my own. i will have to go after nna bc they are the main ones that refused the warranty. i'm still debating on going after the dealership. i just hope that others have better luck then i do. all i know is that alot of people complain about pat peck. i checked their bbb status and they had 12 complaints in about a year. some of the sorriest people that i have ever dealt with but hopefully it will all be settled soon.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:14 PM
NightRida

That is what happens when you buy from a dealer with a name like "Pat Peacker"

Peace!
Old 05-26-2006, 09:05 PM
phenix

Hi, first post but I've been around for a while.
Just wanted to let you guys know, that even the "luxury brands" will pull this on you, just read this. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=387363

I feel for jcarp because I'm experiencing the same thing with my RSX now. I've been reading this forum mainly because a base 06 Z is my first choice of car to trade my car in for. It's kind of scary to see someone here is getting the same experience I'm trying to avoid, but in the end it doesn't make much difference in my buying decision. I realize, (and im sure jcarp does too) that if I happened to have brought my car in to a different dealership that day, or even the same dealership on a different day, and had a different tech look at it initially, I wouldn't be in this situation. It's just rotten luck that I had a service department that has a vendetta against modified vehicles.

The learning experience with our issues is to make sure you know the dealership you're doing business with. Talk with the service manager or service rep before purchasing or at least before you bring in your car. If you establish a relationship with them, you're less likely to get screwed later.

edit: fixed link

Last edited by phenix; 05-26-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 AM
jcarp

I agree with phenix but i did have a good relationship with the dealership i even use to sell them aftermarket wheels for their cars and i sold the gm and all of the managers and the salesmen their wheels on their cars but i still got screwed simply bc that is the kind of people that they are. the main thing that will save you when modding your z is to get something in writting from the dealership stating that your warranty will not be voided and hopefully that will help but its all up to the dealership. it would appear that pat peck loves bad remarks bc i'm not the only one. good luck to everyone modding their z.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcarp
I agree with phenix but i did have a good relationship with the dealership i even use to sell them aftermarket wheels for their cars and i sold the gm and all of the managers and the salesmen their wheels on their cars but i still got screwed simply bc that is the kind of people that they are. the main thing that will save you when modding your z is to get something in writting from the dealership stating that your warranty will not be voided and hopefully that will help but its all up to the dealership. it would appear that pat peck loves bad remarks bc i'm not the only one. good luck to everyone modding their z.

just remember it is the "people" not the product that is screwing you here, I sincerely hope you get justice in all of this.....the true suk here is that Nissan has a great product but they let any idiot who has money sell and service it.....