Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New Product Ideas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Draankol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Product Ideas!!!

Hey all, I am working for a large motorsports and powersports manufacturing company, doing product development. We are constantly looking for new product ideas and improvements to existing products.

If you have ever said "I wish somebody would make ______" Or "If they would just do ______ to this ______, it would be so much better!", then this is the place to let it out.

We are primarily in textiles; we make anything that can be cut and sewn together. Current projects include: SFI approved racing suits, gloves, shoes, and underwear. Bullet proof vest carriers, casual drving shoes, motocross gear of all types, motorcycle covers, gear bags, tank bags, organ transplant bags, motorcycle jackets (armored mesh, leather, ballistic nylon, etc...)

But, we can do so much more than just cut and sew. We have some great stuff coming, but we are the daily driver gearheads and the ideas for what is on the shelf tomorrow will come from us today.

So post em' if you got em'.

Last edited by Draankol; 03-31-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:12 PM
ZRaven

"I wish somebody would make alcantara or suede seat covers"
Old 03-31-2006, 04:47 PM
TreeZ

if what's on the shelf tomorrow is my original idea, i sure would like to get compensated for it. if you share ideas without a patent, there's a good chance it's not yours anymore.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Tenac1ousZ

I have an idea: You pay me money and I'll tell you the idea

So why should people on this forum sumit their good ideas in this thread?
Old 03-31-2006, 11:10 PM
waitin407

Originally Posted by TreeZ
if what's on the shelf tomorrow is my original idea, i sure would like to get compensated for it. if you share ideas without a patent, there's a good chance it's not yours anymore.
heh thats the first thing that came to mind when i was reading this post.

"hey guy's i have a company give me your ideas so i can make money off of them and don't have to do the work of being creative and innovative myself"
Old 03-31-2006, 11:58 PM

Ti-Burn Door handles
Old 04-01-2006, 03:23 AM
LIdrew

So True. Usually companies pay for these ideas/focus groups.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:02 PM
PapaTango

Originally Posted by Tenac1ousZ
Because 99.9% of us with the good ideas do not have the knowledge, time, or the funds for development costs and testing to produce the products we want.

Me? I'd like to see someone make a good 3 piece set of custom fit luggage for the Z.

Last edited by PapaTango; 04-01-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Tenac1ousZ

Originally Posted by PapaTango
Because 99.9% of us with the good ideas do not have the knowledge, time, or the funds for development costs and testing to produce the products we want.

Me? I'd like to see someone make a good 3 piece set of custom fit luggage for the Z.
But posting your good idea here is like working for free.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:27 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless I am totally misguided it would seem the inquiry is being done to generate ideas that can translated into products that are useful These producst will need to have R & D done to refine them to the point that they are desireable to their intended market. If people want to keep the profits for themselves then THEY should go through the whole process and introduce their invention!!
Old 04-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Navygold

Originally Posted by PapaTango

+1 on the luggage. Soft sides, please. Something that obviously won't scratch the interior, yet can function for commercial air travel. That would just be awesome.

Oh yeah, and don't forget you're selling to Z owners, not Ferrari owners. A duffle bag or two can do the job of custom nearly as well.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Draankol

Trust me, the company I work for does not need to "steal" ideas for money. They have more money than they know what to do with. I posted here because I though it might be nice to finally have a place to voice an idea for and "I wish" product or improvement.

Any idea would have to be designed and developed, and then, if it has merit, it would have to be bought be a retailing company. Some of the best ideas get shot down by "buyers" because they have alterior motives, competing products, etc.

I can't tell you how many times I wished I had an inside man, or at least a place to voice my ideas, etc...

If you don't want to say anything, then don't. But if you want to, then go ahead.

As far as the fitted luggage goes, that is a good idea, and maybe that can be developed. We'd have to figure out how many people would want to buy it, and then see if Nissan would want to sell it. You never know...
Old 04-01-2006, 06:59 PM
FairladyZX

make a half car cover for my roadster top. instead of covering the whole car i just want one that covers the middle portion while the top is up or down.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:00 PM
zdotcom

Originally Posted by Tenac1ousZ
I have an idea: You pay me money and I'll tell you the idea

I believe this is called market research. This individual is for some reason reasoned that this forum is his particular target market and is asking for what his potential customer base wants in a new product.

We see so many threads on this board where people are whining about wanting this and that because Nissan was trying to produce an affordable sports car. For example, the cheap ignition keys for our Z's. What is the matter with someone asking for ideas?

Perhaps one of the ideas will end up on shelves so we can complain how much they cost and then end up telling everyone just to go buy a pop charger because it is so affordable.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:37 PM
lilaznxboi08

i have an awesome idea, just pay me some money and ill tell you it.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:14 PM
3kgt48

Make Customized ig keys for our Z or any car for that matter.

Something that rep the history behind the car. Like you can have Twin turbo logo on them for people who have gone FI. SC.....

Make A spoiler that works like those freakin porsche spoiler the ones that raise up and down when you go fast but make it compatible for other cars. I would love to have a nice spoiler like that on my Z. and for anyone that will post a link to that stupid spoiler that was on the Ebay I am not talking about that.

make something that will defelect back the light that is comming from the SUV tale gating you from behind.

A conversion kit that lets you change the color and intensity of your headlights while driving.

ps. I was really bored lol thats why I came up with these dumb ideas.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:46 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Lol people are totaly going off topic here. We have someone here who is interested in helping out the Z/G community, let's not bash him and speak up about what people want.

If you have an idea that you want to play with yourself, then keep it to your self, fairly simple I think if you truely had a unique idea that you really cared about, you would be out there working to make it a reality instead of making dumb comments like, "Pay me and I will tell you."

As for product ideas? How about a easy way to change up the interior light colors instead of the standard orange? Might not be priority for many people, but I think it would be nice to make my car differant from everyone else's. Plus, it would be easier to match up with aftermarket boost, EGT, oil temp, etc. gauges =)

I know they have things called bulb condoms or something which a lot of other people have used in cars like Hondas, but I havn't torn apart the Z cluster to see what's back there and how this would work.

Last edited by UrbanTacticZ; 04-01-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Casanova

Originally Posted by lilaznxboi08
i have an awesome idea, just pay me some money and ill tell you it.
The jokes old buddy... sit down!
Old 04-02-2006, 01:32 AM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by Casanova
The jokes old buddy... sit down!
Lol I'm glad someone else agrees with me
Old 04-02-2006, 07:46 AM
MSOsr

Cool key with the remote buttons on it!

Quick Reply: New Product Ideas!!!