Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I can honestly say that every single time i fill up my car someone gives me a compliment about the car
Old 08-19-2007, 01:40 PM
sandthepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on the highway last night and this van was in the left lan passing me by and I took a look and there was this chick in the passenger side, when she looked at my car she started to go psycho! It was pretty disturbing.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:51 PM
azula

my car was recently hit while it was parked in a parking lot of a f*cking mall....the front driver fender was completely smashed. so anyways, the cop came out there and he couldn't stop complimenting my car (and the car is f*cked up at this point, lol). we had about a 15 minute conversation about my aftermarket parts and what i plan to do with it in the future.....i thought that was funny/uplifting....
Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today a guy at the gas station said nice car. He then went on to say most people "F" up there car, but you can tell that you took your time and carfully planned and put thought into everything you did to it. I really liked that comment.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:11 PM
bloodwings19

My wheels are 2.5 years old. A couple people that I see every few months like my cuz, who thought it was new, then today, my friend asked me, if my wheels were new- lol. I love these comments than others because it shows that I have been taking care of the car. Yesterday, an African-American kid selling candy told me I have a nice car, so do I have to buy candy now?!?!?!?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:50 PM
iceagetlc

Originally Posted by bloodwings19
My wheels are 2.5 years old. A couple people that I see every few months like my cuz, who thought it was new, then today, my friend asked me, if my wheels were new- lol. I love these comments than others because it shows that I have been taking care of the car. Yesterday, an African-American kid selling candy told me I have a nice car, so do I have to buy candy now?!?!?!?
I'm not trying to be an instigator, but why does it matter that he was african-american?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:53 AM
ufraag

Originally Posted by iceagetlc
I'm not trying to be an instigator, but why does it matter that he was african-american?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:00 AM
silver nismo

1 of my friends whent with me for a ride :-)
" Its a beast " thats what he said
Old 08-20-2007, 11:37 AM
redkaz04

I don't know if it was a compliment but when I was a car wash a guy walked by and starred for several seconds and asked if it was from japan....had a fairlady Z emblem on it....on a military base ....I smiled and laughed.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Zazoozle

I just got a good one: I was stuck in traffic in san diego with my top down. A rich-looking older fellow was behind me in his big new BMW convertible (6 series, maybe M6?), also with his top down. A bunch of guys in a car got stuck in the intersection, kinda right in front of me and were hanging out the windows and clearly told me (and not the BMW guy), "I love your car! Nice car! Sweet!" etc, and gave me thumbs up. I looked in my rearview to see what the BMW guy thought, and he was lookin around like WTF?!?! hehe its like wow, glad I didn't spend the extra $75,000 on that POS 6-series.

lately I've also had 4 girls catcall at my car in the past 2 weeks (i'm a girl so ???)...then some drunk creep tell me he'd do "anything" to take a ride in my car. then just the usual people telling me they love my car or want my car.

I can also kinda tell that some people at work look at me wide-eyed and jealous in the parking lot like: how can that kid afford that car?!?! its like, um, its not that expensive, its used! ;D
Old 08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
r_seng

got a heads up from what i believe to be a GT2.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:27 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zazoozle
I just got a good one: I was stuck in traffic in san diego with my top down. A rich-looking older fellow was behind me in his big new BMW convertible (6 series, maybe M6?), also with his top down. A bunch of guys in a car got stuck in the intersection, kinda right in front of me and were hanging out the windows and clearly told me (and not the BMW guy), "I love your car! Nice car! Sweet!" etc, and gave me thumbs up. I looked in my rearview to see what the BMW guy thought, and he was lookin around like WTF?!?! hehe its like wow, glad I didn't spend the extra $75,000 on that POS 6-series.
Lets see......older fellow in a M6 (maybe) foxy blond in any kind of vert. Who the hell you think is going to get the attention. Now if the old guy was in an Enzo, you might have had some problems.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Fairly Z

I was at a gas station, filling my car up for the first time, and a lady asked me if it was a Porsche. I kindly said no, and explained to her that it was a Z. She complimented me on it and wished me good luck. A lot of people seem to compare it to Porsche... Personally, I think we're on a higher technologial level, but it's damn cool to have that kind of attraction, in retrospect. Later on that day, I moved into the turning lane of a main road and some large women in a Pontiac Grand Am stopped in the middle of the busy road to tell me how nice it was, and then they took off. I love my Z.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:58 PM
spenZe

So, last month I had to take a few-day out-of-town trip with a guy from work, and he picked up the rental car, so we left my Z in his driveway early in the morning and hit the road in the rental. By that night, his wife had called him FOUR times to tell about the neighbors that came over to inquire, her mother almost having a heart-attack after seeing it in the driveway, her own 'stirrings' as she sat there looking at it, and their little son, Jackson, incessantly wanting to play with "the big Transformer" in the driveway.

When we returned, it was a beautiful afternoon day, and I was introduced to his family before heading my own way. I said, "hey Jackson - I hear you are a fan of Transformers?" and he got all excited and started rambling on and on. I said, "well I am too - and THIS ONE is called: NisSANaTRON!" and I unclipped the hatch and powered the roof down on the Roadster. As the windows went down, and the top expanded up and folded neatly out of sight, watching his face completely light in awe and amazement was truely priceless! Am thinking maybe I sensed some dampness from her as well...

Last edited by spenZe; 08-20-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
socal350z23

"ahhhhhhhhhhh dude...... 350! 350 is a lot of horse power!!!" - 40 year old guy who collects shopping carts at ralphs.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:11 PM
sandthepilot

Was driving on the highway and as I am exiting onto a on ramp all of a sudden I hear a "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewahoooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

I look to my left and there is a beat up truck with two rednecks giving me thumbs up! I smiled and waved
Old 08-22-2007, 06:24 PM
redkaz04

+1
Old 08-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Zazoozle

Originally Posted by fowlman01
Lets see......older fellow in a M6 (maybe) foxy blond in any kind of vert. Who the hell you think is going to get the attention. Now if the old guy was in an Enzo, you might have had some problems.
haha but still!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zazoozle
haha but still!
Yeah......I agree, you are still a fox, but that is unfair competition.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Blooster

Best compliment ever - on the Turnpike - arm comes out the window of a car I'm passing and snaps a photo :-)
Roadster is a BIG conversation-starter - people say nice things at least once a week.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?