Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:01 AM
SteevoZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I'm on my way to a class at Headquarters Plaza driving through Morristown and its pretty crowded with traffic and a decent amount of people on the sidewalks. I see big group of about 12 kids probably 15-18 years old and as I get closer to them and they see me, one of them looks over and starts pointing my car out to a friend and within the next few seconds the entire group is standing on the edge of the sidewalk looking and saying "whooaa thats awesome!!"
Old 09-27-2007, 11:35 AM
mikeygp4

the best compliments i got are from little kids. there was a little boy (probably 4 or 5 years old) and his mom walking by my car and he said "look mom, it's a race car!"
Old 09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Shadrackc

I have learned to lip read. Ever since I have owned this car, I have witnessed comments through closed windows like, just last Sunday night cruising...."Holy sh%t! That is a beautiful f&cking car!"

Today having a coffee looking out the window at my car as a young couple get out of theirs..."Oh my god. That is what I want to buy. That right there...and in that color too. I bet that is.....mumble mumble...(can only lip read so much)" I think he said 70 thousand dollars, but who knows.

Funny thing is that Honda drivers, in their pocket rocket civics, etc, seem to pretend that I don't exist. Any other cars driver will smile. Honda drivers will look, and then look straight ahead and ignore me. Jealousy maybe?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
ZGTChick

I only have that above problem with Beemers.

As for compliments, today the head engineer was pulling out of work in his cobra and saw me getting into my car and had to comment on it. I always take these compliments a little more than they maybe worth since I am a chick. Construction guy had to stop in his truck and chat me up on my rims, which are just the stock Rays on the 07 grand touring.

Other comments : My mom asked why "the inside of my wheels were gold." She meant my Brembos lol. God Bless Mom!

Old lady walking out of Nissan Service as I am getting into my car. She say "Oh wow thats that?!" and the Service agent says "oh thats the 350z, this nice young lady is warming it up for you". The old lady says "well forget the service on my altima I want one of those." I think I sold that old lady a Z!

And the occasional "when your done you can wax my car for me! look at the shine on that car" from some geezer while I am clay baring the car in the front yard.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:27 PM
RJ_KC

lately the best one i have got is when i was filling up with gas and a guy in a newer vette rolled by and said damn thats a nice car!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:22 PM
snair2

Yesterday a little girl screams out "look mom it's my car!!".
The same day, a few minutes later, a little boy gave me a thumbs up.
I also get alot of girls lookin straight into the interior of the car to see who it is, this car gets me mad girls =). I love it, and its awesome haha. Hot girls love the car. I know its dumb to say. haha.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Agentman03

Default Their Must be something that Rings Their Bell !!!

Unbelivable the dailey brake light,headturns,complements ect..
Today was a new one,mywife & I are on the freeway at 70 mph .some guy pulls along side me and rollsdown his passenger power window and motions for me to roll my window down.. thought something was wrong with my car then my wife says he that he just wanted to tell me what a great car I have ...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM
ressling

coolest compliment so far... got off the exit at Sidney Marcus Blvd in Atlanta and a Z passed me up from behind (silver just like mine) I sped up next to it and pulled a U-turn. Right before I did the guy just gave me a thumbs up as to imply, "welcome to the club".

Made me feel great about my purchase considering I haven't even owned the car for a week yet.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:49 PM
gmoney90

like a month ago i pulled up next to a vette 07 and i was like "nice car bro" his friend yells from next to him.. "i like yours more!" haha
Old 10-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Fairly Z

The other day, I was sitting in the parking lot at school, catching some Z's in the Z. I was waiting for my next class. Anyways, there were these guys hanging out, leaning against the rear end of the car parked beside me. It was a beat up and tattered old Firebird. Listening to their conversation from inside my car, they started talking about an SE-R, and then took the time to review my car. They didn't know I was in it - the beauty of window tint. "That's the NISMO edition, you can tell by the different wing and wheels." One of the guys said. I've got an '06 Enthusiast, so they obviously weren't familiar with the new style OEM wheels from '06 to '07. They also didn't know that I have a VeilSide V2 wing. Then they proceeded to talk numbers; my car quickly shot up to 400+ horsepower in their conversation. Loved it.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
04DBZ

i sitting in my car at a place called Village at Sandhill (kind of like a biggg outdoor mall) playing a famous song in Columbia, SC when 3 hot *** girls walk by and yell out "I LOVE THAT SONG!" then they proceed "Forget the song, I LOVE YOUR CAR EVEN MORE!" That made my night.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Smoove

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday my girlfriends 14yr old niece said the 350z was her favorite car and that she didn't like the G35 as much cause it was the baby version of the 350z.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
firekrave

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The one I've been getting lately from fellow 350 owners is, "Is that an 07?" Even from owners of 07s. Stock 06. Winnar!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:31 PM
noracer55

The other day was at my new bosses house and the car was out front and his wife said "How the hell does the new guy afford a Porsche?" It's a Nissan lady.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Skorch

Nothing too special in the compliments departmet yet, just "nice car!" at the gas station a couple times, and "sick exhaust!" from some guys in a car next to me at a street light. The latest was a comment from a 12-yr old looking girl crossing the street saying "nice car" to me. Makes me smile every time.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Shadrackc

Tim Hortons. Yesterday morning. I admit that I go around 8 AM on weekend mornings to have my coffee, read my paper, and watch the eyes of all the people in the drive thru lines, and the people that walk by my car. So yesterday, I'm watching as an older gentleman and his wife park a spot away from my car. When he gets out, he is looking, and describing things to his wife. He holds her out there for a couple minutes before they come in. As they walk in the door, he sees me looking at him smiling and points to my car. "That yours?" he asks. I nod my head.
He walks over, wife in tow, and starts talking to me about the beautiful lines of the car. How the curves make it so attractive, and how it looks like a classy sports car, like a Porche. I tell him how I have only had it since the end of August and that it handles like it looks, beautiful. His wife is waiting patiently, having a caffeine fit, so finally, after about 10 minutes, I mention that his wife wants her coffee. After they get it, his wife makes sure they sit on the other side of the restaurant from me.

Classic.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
your story brought a tear to my eye.

Shad, that was a nice story. Not even joking.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Shadrackc

Silverstone...when you pay good money for a car, and when I went without sleep for so long when I was waiting for it to get here, well it is nice that it exceeds expectations. Of course a big part of the joy is driving it. I love the way it handles, accelerates out of a corner, and opening it up on the highway is a rush. I must admit though, that the looks and compliments are a large part of the joy as well. I still, over a month later, go out to my garage at night on a rainy day like today, and just look at the lines of the car and smile to myself. I'm so glad I got this instead of a vette. Don't get me wrong, still like Vettes, but I don't think they are as curvaceous a car as the Z. Funny how so many people think they look like a Porche, and with the excepetion of the high end 500,000 dollar version, I don't really like the way Porche looks. I don't think they look Porche like at all. My fiance smiles when she sees me on here writing, and wonders if there were a web site called "myfiance.com" if I would be writing as much about the compliments I get about her. Had to post a couple more pics.
Attached Thumbnails What's the best compliment you have gotten?-img_1653.jpg   What's the best compliment you have gotten?-img_1661.jpg  

Last edited by Shadrackc; 10-08-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:38 PM
thr33fiftyzee

So I'm at my girlfriend's family reunion last Saturday and her 12 year old cousin was complimenting me about how nice my car was and asking me how expensive it was. Apparently this boy's mom told her son that I was a doctor that's why I was able to have such a nice car like that lol I'm a just a college student :P
Old 10-09-2007, 07:33 AM
AUS10TAT10US

Maybe not the best compliment, but I found it cool and interesting!

Middle-aged man driving a Chrysler 300 pulls up to me at a stoplight and signals me to roll down the window:

Him: Hey is that the nismo body kit?
Me: Ya, except the front is INGS
Him: Ya, that's what I thought. It looks great!
Me: Thanks a lot man!
Him: I have a track edition and was thinking about doing that too. What kind of suspension do you have on it? Is it stock suspension?
Me: Ya, it's stock suspension but I have some hotchkis springs that I need to install.
Him: Where are you headed to right now? I wanna check out your car.
Me: Ah, I would but I'm headed to school.
Him: Oh, that's ok well are you going straight? So I can check out your car more.
Me: Haha ya

Very coooool, I think he's sold on the kit . Maybe someone on this forum???

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?