Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350km and may have to sell

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 07:44 PM
jasonintoronto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

noooooooooooo...don't sell - i'm a wannabe and it'd break my heart if u did.

anyways, selling and buying a new car is pretty much a drastic option. it'll be hard to get rid of the z, esp now when the weather sucks in canada. i would consider buying a new seats but worry that there aren't many made for the z yet.

BRILLIANT THOUGHT: it just occured to me, have u thought about putting g35 sedan seats instead?

are u in toronto?
Old 02-02-2003, 07:53 PM
drake3

Originally posted by raven150
I imagine if I do go this route I will loose the seat air bag system?
Yeah, for now you will. If you check out Recaro's German Site you will see they make aftermarket replacement with airbags for VWs and Audi's. Nissan is a long way from being a German car maker so I would not wait for Recaro to add a Nissan airbag line.

However, if you get the 5 point belts you may not need them as much. Or at least you should be better off without airbags in a 5 point restraint system.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:59 PM
raven150

yes in toronto
Old 02-03-2003, 08:49 PM
jasonintoronto

damn - if it was manual, i'd consider buying it
Old 02-03-2003, 09:52 PM
walc

I had to get rid of a Plymouth Prowler, after a few days, because there was no lumbar support and I could barely walk after 30 minutes of driving.
My 350z isn't bothering my back at all.
Have you tried adjusting the bottom of the seat up, with the wheel adjustment on the side of the seat? I find it more comfortable on my lower back than sitting almost flat on the floor.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:27 PM
raven150

WALC, thankyou for your honest reply. Yes, I have recently shimmed up the back of the seat ( leather seats with no rear or hieght adjustment except for front). I am driving my bmw daily right now ,until my back feels better, so that I can give the Z a fair apraisal later in the week. Those of who have truely experienced this problem will understand that once you are irritated it may take some time to get back to normal. I love the performance of the 350, and it was funny that , when I got in my bmw ( had for 6 years) I thought something was wrong with it, it was so slow!) I am determined to find a solution now at any cost. different from my first posting when I was just pissed and getting no reasonable answers from forum. thanks again!

Last edited by raven150; 02-03-2003 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:22 PM
azjimbo

Raven150:Please read the Z review in Sports Car International about the seats and the seating position in the Z.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:49 PM
k2we

I had the same problem driving my original 240 & 260Z's. I Opted for the Recaro seats. I got the drivers seat with the pull out support for under your legs. The passenger seat was a standard seat. They were the best all around seats ever.. I find the seat in my touring just too short. I wish it has the pull-out support. I would buy Recaro's tomorrow if I didn't have the side curtain air bags and the heated seats.. Not sure if Recaro makes a model with both of these features.. But I would look at the Recaro's before selling your "Z" Ohh.. by the way, I'm 6' tall and weigh 180 lbs.

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY
Old 02-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by drake3
Boomer, Suicide is NOT an option.
And don't talk up the Recaro's anymore, my wallet has a hard enough time staying shut.

Tom, geez dude, you find this board but cannot find a conversion site?

TOM - CLICK THIS

350km = 217.48 'Merican miles.

Wow, I think I have more miles on my brand new Baby.
Drake, you need the Recaros, anyone who can come up w/a link that fast is seriously hooked and you know what that means, YOU NEED INSTANT GRATIFICATION! Uuuhh...sorry, I got a little carried away.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:48 PM
drake3

Originally posted by Boomer
Drake, you need the Recaros, anyone who can come up w/a link that fast is seriously hooked and you know what that means, YOU NEED INSTANT GRATIFICATION! Uuuhh...sorry, I got a little carried away.
Boomer, That would be so cool to open the door and see "RECARO" on the seat with 5 point belts. 5 point harness just says this car is F'ing BAD! I probably will much later on install a set with heating pads. But I just cannot get my money tree to grow so they will have to wait.

I get instant gratification every time I start her up, then when I shift into first and hit the gas and whenever I make people's necks snap because they are loving the Dayton Blue.... whoot!

hehehe
Old 02-04-2003, 08:04 PM
raven150

Originally posted by azjimbo
Raven150:Please read the Z review in Sports Car International abo
ut the seats and the seating position in the Z.
Yes I did read this magazine before I got my car. I am reading it again right now and I question whether this guy really ever drove this car. He also says the suspension is a black art winner with a near luxury car ride. he says that even over treacherous potholes this car does not jostle its occupants. I hate to critisize my own car , but if I went over a pothole , it would put me through the roof. Also friends that have got in the car have also noted how it tends to bounce almost like a lowered rice machine, but with more control. I was excited to receive my car after reading this article, but now I would like to get a hold of this author and take him for a ride to make sure this article was about the right car!!
Old 02-05-2003, 08:23 AM
SunsetZ

Brookstone has an inflatable/heated lumbar support that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It is available at their online store. It is much cheaper than new seats.

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/produ...h_words=lumbar

Last edited by SunsetZ; 02-05-2003 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:16 PM
SirZaLot

If part of your leather is torn or scratched, you can just replace the scratched part of the leather, right?
So why can't you just go to a leather seat dealer and ask them to take off the low back piece of leather and add more cushion and stitch back the leather? Is it possible?
Old 02-10-2003, 02:09 PM
SirZaLot

So, raven150,what's your decision? Have you try anyother way to make it better?
Old 02-10-2003, 02:47 PM
raven150

Originally posted by KaiKai
So, raven150,what's your decision? Have you try anyother way to make it better?
Have tried shimming up the seat height and using a small lumbar pillow. This makes it more bearable to drive short distances, but would not think of a 200 mile drive I must make soon. It seems as though, with the hard leather seats, that you seem to sit on top of the seat rather than in it. Going to the new car show this week, and also going to look at some recarro's.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:29 PM
CAR2

Your lower back pain is maybe a wake up call - I suffered for 10 years with identical pain - could'nt get comfortable at all in cars. Turned out I had ruined my lower disk working on cars too much!! Had the operation to correct the disk and never looked back.

Get your doctor to arrange a CAT scan - you may have the beginnings of a disk problem that can be easily fixed now.