Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Weird clicking sound coming from front left tire

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:41 PM
maxpowers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deviantZ
Just curious, does this sound like two spoons being slapped togther?.
Yup, thats exactly what it sounds like. Inside the car its hard to tell that its coming from the rear. Easy fix at the dealer.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Gerry

I had the TSB done for the clicking, but I still get a clicking from the rear when I apply the brakes for the first time after going fwd or reverse, dealer told me this is normal and the brake shoes float? anyone else heard of this?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:24 PM
JuanP

Got the car looked at today at the dealer. Turns out the sound came from the brakes and not from the axle. They say it is a problem with my front driver side brakes. They are going to replace some parts on the brakes (I need to get more info on this. They didn't do the work today, because they didn't have the parts they needed). They will also put new brake pads in. They will do it under warranty.

Do I need them to put new pads on the other side as well? will it be a problem to have new pads on one side only?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
JuanP

Reading Gerry's note I remembered: The problem in my case was with the brake shoes.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a proble just resolved today with a weird clicking sound like someting was falling off my car and hitting the ground. It would only happen at real low speeds. It was comming form my drivers side tire. I thought it was the breaks but it turned out to be something different. The valve stems on my aftermarket tires ate the metal type that are held in with 2 nuts. One of the nuts had backed off the stem and was banging inside the tire and rim!!!!

Yanked out the metal stem and put in a ole' rubber one and noise was gone!
Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 PM
taurran

Yup, I had a friend that had a similar problem. He had a clicking noise in his rear left wheel, and couldn't figure it out. He went to nissan and they replaced his entire hub thinking it was part of that TSB on clicking axles, but it still was clicking. They then made up some BS about his tire being bald causing it to run on the rim or something.... wtf!

So, he brought it by and we took off the wheel. I took it to the side and started rolling it back and forth on the ground and it made a metallic clanking noise. Come to find out, he had a nail in the tire and the tip had broken off, which was ratting around inside the tire and clicking against the inside of the rim.

Do yourself a favor and make sure it isn't something as simple as this before taking it to nissan.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:22 AM
jvega

I had a creacking sound on uneven surfaces or when backing up. I lifted up the car, lubed the suspension arms and that fixed it.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:43 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by chuquison
hmmmmmmm i have the same problem but in my right front side mine is a 2003, it only does it when i brake or acclerate and rarely when I turn the steering wheel I have taken to the dealer they hear it too but cant figure it out. you say the torque arm?
I had the same problem. It was the upper control arm ball joint popping. There is a TSB on it.