Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This Is Y The Elders Tell Teenagers Not To Get A Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:36 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

I heard about this the other day. That is just stupid. I live right by 436 and would never race on it. I heard it was shut down for like 3 hrs.
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:42 AM
CaliforniaZman

Young people are prone to never want to take responsibility for thier actions. I see it everyday in the classroom working at a highschool.

I have to agree with a previous poster that the kids that have to actually pay for thier car with thier own money from hard work are a little less likely to want to go out and crush thier car in a silly street race. But that is more of an issue of RESPONSIBILITY.

The kids that have a car like a Z handed to them have no real idea of what RESPONSIBILITY is they believe that the possibility of wrecking thier own car is a million to one and are willing to take that chance. If they do happen to wreck thier vehicle then Mommy and Daddy will fix the problem.
Old 04-13-2006 | 06:00 AM
novaz

Racing has no age limits or boundries.
If someone enjoys racing, it could be at any age - young or old.
Racing on public streets is crazy and it is sad to see people not getting the message about how dangerous this practice is .
It is sometimes tempting, but I never street race.
We have at least two really good race tracks in our area, in NJ, which allow racing to occur in a better situation than on a public street or highway.
Hopefully people who have the "need for speed" do the right thing and hit the tracks.
Old 04-13-2006 | 06:03 AM
350z_2NR

what's funny is all you older ppl saying how stupid it is for young ppl to street race, but i bet most of you did the same when you was younger. I don't street race myself, but i don't like to be called out that i don't deserve my z because i'm 19 years old. I am way too worried to mess up my car to race on the streets. I have already had a guy i knew die in what looked like to be a street race event. He was 22 I think, in an 05 STI.
Old 04-13-2006 | 06:22 AM
davidf

It all starts with the parents, when I bought my daughter her first car my first comment was, this is my car your driving, I pay the note, insurance, and gas for it, One race, one speeding ticket, one screw up of any kind and you lose it forever, I will not be sued for teenage ignorance. I may sound like an awful parent but but hopefulley I've saved her life or the life of someone else.
Old 04-13-2006 | 07:26 AM
danvain

Originally Posted by 350z_2NR
what's funny is all you older ppl saying how stupid it is for young ppl to street race, but i bet most of you did the same when you was younger. I don't street race myself, but i don't like to be called out that i don't deserve my z because i'm 19 years old. I am way too worried to mess up my car to race on the streets. I have already had a guy i knew die in what looked like to be a street race event. He was 22 I think, in an 05 STI.
This is a prime example of a young person being offended. If the description doesn't fit you, "young street racer", then why on earth would you be offended? Grow up and stop trying to defend the statistically proven most dangerous age group on the road.
Old 04-13-2006 | 07:51 AM
Zhornet

im 31 and i think everyone even those that say they don't, have the urge to race now and then. but if that urge gets to you then do it in a safe place a track if you have some young punk pull up beside you wanting to race and you know you want to beat the snot out of him, just roll the window down and tell him to meet you at the track that weekend. I have found that when you tell them this they won't show up.

i remember the story's that my dad has told me when he was younder street racing in his 56 chevy and 69 camaro, i also remember the story he told me when he almost lost his life in a race.

I don't think its the parents fault for kids being stupid i really think its per-presure of there friends try to get them to do it or just to be in the in crowd or make a name for them selves.

The bottom line just take it to the track and bust their a-- in front of a crowd.
Old 04-13-2006 | 10:14 AM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by 350z_2NR
You know what I am 34 now and yes I did race on the streets when I was younger BUT and this is a big but.

I made a car payment on my car EVERY month.

I was forced to take a high performance driving class before I got the car.

I never raced during the day on busy streets (late nights - vacant streets)

I have been driving cars since I was young and have been helping to build high HP cars since I was just as young. I was taught to respect what I have and what it can do. If someone tells me the power of their car doesn't scare them in the least (and it's a fast car) then I want nothing to do with them becuase it usually means they have little regard for safety.

It's not always speed that kills it's usually lack of abbility to make a split second decision due to lack of knowledge in what they are doing.

I sa if you want to race hit a highpro school and take some classes and if at all possible keep the races on the track. It's just as much fun and usually if you screw up it's only you and your car who get hurt.
Old 04-13-2006 | 10:21 AM
gatti-man

Whats interesting to me is i never see any of these young people post except in threads like these. Not in off topic or modifications. Do they just lurk the boards then register to chime in against a proven fact that teenagers are dangerous drivers?

Another point the police officer did say kids and adults but a 20-25 yr old is an adult and still fits the dumba$$ demographic. I sinceirly doubt that he meant all those street racing 40 yr olds!
Old 04-13-2006 | 10:43 AM
Th3Cleaner

Originally Posted by Blurr350z
Everyone is guilty of street racing, and the unfortunate people that end up getting killed or killing others made the same bad decision that so many other people make all the time.
I am mid 30's I have Never street raced my Z...ever!

I take it to the track, learn to drive "said vehicle" then avoid the teenagers "fast and furious" wanna be moves.

Ever time I take my car to a shop all the l33t "Im a race car driver" young adult's working their has to say somthing, ..how fast? street race blah blah blah blah..

stfu
Old 04-13-2006 | 10:51 AM
ZlleH

If someone told my dad that old people are proned to having no life. He would still get upset even if he lives an active lifestyle.

Your logic doesn't make sense. The person is upset at generalization. Just because some punk kid gets into an accident for street racing doesn't mean there should be a campaign to ban all young drivers from owning sports cars.

If someone where to say that all [put your race in here] people are racist, would you not get offended and speak out even "if the description doesn't fit you"? Your logic is outrageous. I think you need to grow up whatever age group you are in.

Originally Posted by danvain
This is a prime example of a young person being offended. If the description doesn't fit you, "young street racer", then why on earth would you be offended? Grow up and stop trying to defend the statistically proven most dangerous age group on the road.
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:03 AM
chazo

I think it is more so irresponsibility than what car you are driving. Being irresponsible and driving a z definitly do not go hand in had, but being that way in any car is dangerous. Thats terrible.
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:06 AM
Z_freak

I am 37 and have driven Z's since 84, I did not buy my first one as it was a $700 240 rust bucket that my dad got for me..I fixed it up and drove the wheels off of it...yeah i raced when i was kid, but as stated in the forum you find a lonely road in the middle of the night and go for it.....so if you or your race buddy loose it you only kill yourself....we bought a z and there is only one valid reason why, we like to drive "enthusiastically" and it does not matter how old you are....that being said we need to always remember that on the occasions when the left foot gets heavy we seriously consider the situation on the road before we drop it......responsibility, your driving a 3200lb rocket and we all know how ugly it can get when we loose our sense of responsibility...and one more thing, we all need to remember that some of the best professional race car drivers do not race off the track, and i would venture to say that 95% of the people on this sight are not professional race car drivers.....food for thought
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:13 AM
stein

^ Left foot is my brake and clutch to some! (I use two feet to drive auto) But other than that I agree
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:15 AM
faster than u

Hey im 18 and i admit i have street raced befor, just not in the middle of the day. Also you all can flame me because im only 18, but if your responsible and not fukin stupid, you can drive a nice car. But take it to the track where its real, safe, NO POLICE.
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:16 AM
faster than u

its not just the z, i can drive my moms sequoia 100mph just like i can drive my z at 100mph
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:18 AM
Z_freak

Talking

sorry, right foot, see what happens with old age

Last edited by Z_freak; 04-13-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:19 AM
NeoRacer_106

wow its amazing you can keep your testosterone in check. 80% of guys I come across who drive powerfull cars will always wanna "race" or i.e. get on ur *** to get infront of you. Its not official racing but it IS common. Has happened to me from people who drive dodge caravans to BMWs & S2000. People drive crazy on the freeway. Try and do the limit and you'd almost get killed. Do the opposite and some jerkoff in a cobra will half kill himself to get ahead. You just cant win..

Originally Posted by Kanyon71
I will NEVER understand why people feel the need to race in the middle of the day on croweded urban streets. Flame me all you want but thats just stupid. Screw endangering your own life what about endangering the lives of people who had nothing to do with the STUPID thing you are doing. I have no issues with racing but there is a time and a place to do it.
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:24 AM
faster than u

i learned my lesson om street racing, im still going to court fo it. its just not worth it. my parents did help me get the car but i work at home depot and pay for my car payment.The way i see it is, were driving bad a$$ cars, girls like that. drive slow so all the girls can see you, if your flyin down the street, no female will see you. Whick mean no puswa for u

Last edited by faster than u; 04-13-2006 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: This Is Y The Elders Tell Teenagers Not To Get A Z