Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Seeking legal advise against a dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:40 AM
zugbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with brick. You wanna whine? Fine. Legal advise is best found in the yellow pages under A-T-T-O-R-N-E-Y. Don't jeopardize your good relationship with your dealer. It's like sending your food back at the restaurant. God knows what it will be "seasoned" with when you get it back. Go for a run, get layed, smoke a blunt, put 3 coats of Zaino on, breathe and chill.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:20 AM
kennyb

Originally Posted by narkotic
Understood.. thanks for the responses..

This is the ironic part. The guy that I only deal with there [I]is[I] the service manager. He's a great guy that always abides by my rules. He even went above and beyond on a Saturday afternoon once when my radiator had a bubble in it and needed to be bled. Regardless of my modifications, and time of the day, he took me in, immediatly had it fixed and sent me on my way w/out a charge. Lets just say I wrote infiniti a letter of appreciation. I later found out that infiniti corporate never sent them the letter even though they called me to say that they would have forwarded it on.

Oh well. Live and learn I guess. Maybe any future recalls I will try to perform myself.
Sounds like a pretty good dealership to me. Have you had any problems like this in the past? If not, I would just express my displeasure and go on. Life is too short to be suing someone over ten miles.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:46 PM
narkotic

I'll just let this thread die... It seems the people that resort to name calling are the ones that just aren't getting it.

I understand that working underneath the car would require a lift. I'm not unreasonable. I know that the repairs required DID NOT REQUIRE A LIFT. Get over it. I have a $3000 body kit on the car, along with coilovers. These backyard nissan mechanics don't know jack about putting such a car on a lift w/out ruining the sideskirts, etc.

I can't believe the ones that compared my experience with "people getting ferrari's worked on, etc.". First off, this isn't a Ferrari, nor is this a Ferrari dealership. I fail to see the corellation.

I know that the fuel recall required the car to be put on a lift, which I agreed to. No problems. I also don't care if they talk behind my back. Man, i'm not as insecure as that! They can talk all they want, in the end, they're going home with a crap paycheck.

The bottom line is, I have an issue with a 10 mile joyride. I guess I should have worded my topic a little differently. Within the body of the thread, I mentioned that I'm not a "sue happy person.", rather maybe I should have asked "What would you do?"

Anyway, this will be my last response, I've gotten quite a bit of good responses minus the adults here that feel the need to resort to juvenile name calling. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2006, 03:11 PM
zugbug

I'll just let this thread die... It seems the people that resort to name calling are the ones that just aren't getting it.

The bottom line is, I have an issue with a 10 mile joyride. I guess I should have worded my topic a little differently. Within the body of the thread, I mentioned that I'm not a "sue happy person.", rather maybe I should have asked "What would you do?"

Anyway, this will be my last response, I've gotten quite a bit of good responses minus the adults here that feel the need to resort to juvenile name calling. Thanks!
You are very right about this forum being so ruthless at times. Just makes you want to see these people who make hurtful comments face to face sometimes.. But I would guess that most folks just don't want you ruining your health AKA heart attack, blood pressure, etc. over this whole thing. Make a comment to the dealership manager. Write a letter if you think it will help- most dealerships tremble when they hand you that customer service survey. Make sure it gets filled out and mailed by you if you feel so strongly about it. I don't think you have been abused that badly. Only you can make the decision to continue working with this dealership. You gotta weigh the pros and cons. Nothing is worth your health though. Let it go, cut 'em some slack THIS TIME. Peace and good luck.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:00 PM
zedated

I know that the repairs required DID NOT REQUIRE A LIFT.
I know that the fuel recall required the car to be put on a lift, which I agreed to. No problems.
I'm not making any judgements whatsoever, but you seem to be contradicting yourself. As a result, you are confusing people. Originally, you said you took your car in for the fuel recall. In your last post, you said "the repairs required DID NOT REQUIRE A LIFT" and "the fuel recall required the car to be put on a lift." Which is it?? The TSB clearly states that the rear end must come off; therefore, your car must be put on a lift and subsequently test driven.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:59 PM
boost777

Sorry to hear about your predicament, as a similar thing happened to me several years ago.When the rare occasion arises when i have to let the dealer touch my ride, i have come up with this simple method to keep my baby from being the joyride of the day.first, try to wait while the work is done in clear view of the dealership exit to the road.second, i will drive the car until it has a extremely small amount of gas left and make sure you have a locking gas cap.When you talk to the service writer tell him it's almost empty but retain the gas cap key.Then tell him that because it's almost empty they should call you if they want to drive it off-premises so you can gas it up. this should discourage the over-exuberant lot-boy or mechanic from beating on the car if they think they will run out of gas.this will also let you know if they drove it excessively because they'll be calling you to unlock the gas cap.Most of the time they wont even drive it for fear of that happening.Lastly, it's obvious they were beating the crap out of it or they wouldnt have reset your gauges. Good luck next time.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:11 PM
josephchihweilu

i understand why you are pissed, but you are taking it too far
Old 04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Todd-350Z

Another reason to avoid dealerships like the plague.

If I were in your place and expected more trips to the dealer, I would attempt to load a very detuned map, limit boost - something to limit the output significantly.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:02 AM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You told me that I needed to be medicated so that doesn't exactly make you free and clear in the ettiquette department either.

I understand that working underneath the car would require a lift. I'm not unreasonable. I know that the repairs required DID NOT REQUIRE A LIFT. Get over it. I have a $3000 body kit on the car, along with coilovers. These backyard nissan mechanics don't know jack about putting such a car on a lift w/out ruining the sideskirts, etc.
A $3000 body kit?!?!?! That's amazing. Believe it or not, nicer cars with more expensive body kits have been put on lifts. Lambos come with $200K bodies from the factory and go up on the same types of lifts that the "backyard Nissan mechanics" use. I imagine they may have used that lift before and that your car wasn't the first one going up.

I can't believe the ones that compared my experience with "people getting ferrari's worked on, etc.". First off, this isn't a Ferrari, nor is this a Ferrari dealership. I fail to see the corellation.
The correlation is that your car will never be 1/10th of those cars and those car owners don't have near the number of instructions as you do.

I know that the fuel recall required the car to be put on a lift, which I agreed to. No problems. I also don't care if they talk behind my back. Man, i'm not as insecure as that! They can talk all they want, in the end, they're going home with a crap paycheck.
Not insecure huh??? It sure does sound like it with how upset you got over 10 miles. You must think you are awfully special to go home with your nice paycheck compared to the people working on your baby that go home with a "crap paycheck". You are probably a better and smarter person than they are as well. I could post pictures of my fleet and explain to you that your "crap paycheck" couldn't gas all my cars up.

Yea, you should have worded it differently. You should have called it "The dealer took a 10 mile joyride in my car and I have the video to prove it". No.....wait.......you don't know that that actually happened. The title should have actually been " Someone drove my car besides me and now I can't find my pacifier"

Good, because I really can't imagine how much more useless babbling you could put us through. I can tell by "good resposnes" you mean people that agree with you because God forbid someone disagree with you and your whiny diatribe. Why don't you actually just say what you mean. "Everyone please pity me and my horrible situation."
Old 05-01-2006, 08:51 AM
blazefast

So much hate in this thread!

I can understand your concern in this situation. With the gauges reset and the radio changed, it seems as though it was taken out for a little joyride rather than a test drive, but, from what you've said, the car wasn't damaged at all and you've only had good things to say about this particular dealership in the past.

Given all those facts, I'd say the most you should think about doing is let the service manager know what happened, and express your concern. Don't get really mad, just be firm enough to make sure it's clear to him you don't want any old tech driving your car around.

You have a great relationship with the personnel at your dealership from what I can tell... why throw that away over one incident where no damage was incurred?

Hope you have good experiences with them from now on, like you have in the past!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:56 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TK2005
Not insecure huh??? It sure does sound like it with how upset you got over 10 miles. You must think you are awfully special to go home with your nice paycheck compared to the people working on your baby that go home with a "crap paycheck". You are probably a better and smarter person than they are as well. I could post pictures of my fleet and explain to you that your "crap paycheck" couldn't gas all my cars up.

OWNED!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with TK2005 on this one. It seems like you (narkotic) will not stop asking for advice until someone sides with you. Fine then, go find an attorney and sue his ***. Happy?

Its 10 frikkin miles!?!? I'm sure when you bought your car (assuming new), it had roughly the same amount. Ok, so the dealer might now have followed your "rules". In my opinion, there were a bit excessive. Yes, I have told my dealer to hold off on washing my car. I can see what your reason is behind that one. But not putting the car on a lift, and calling before driving your car is a bit much. The only way I'm going to raise hell is if they put more than 50-100 miles on it. Other than that, if they fixed the issue that I brought the car in for, I'm not bothered by it.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Mathys

I understand your concern. Maybe you appreciated a phone call before they drove it. According to the other comments you made on the dealership, I think they have a great service and thread you like a king. I wish every nissan dealer was like that.!!!

Would you complain as well when the recall wasn't done properly and there was no way that they could check this without driving it for a few miles? Probably you would...

10 miles driven by someone else... yeah it might hurt but the world is not gonna end. Btw, are you sure it was EXACTLY 10 and you didn't round it up or so?