2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I See The Masses Have Arrived Here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 03:47 AM
RxO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I See The Masses Have Arrived Here!

Very few posts at the other sites.
This should keep the moderators very busy indeed.

I am right.

No, I am right.

NO I AM RIGHT!

Yeah...right.

I understand differences of opinion,
But the car is not even out yet.
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2002, 03:54 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Car delivery

RXO do you happen to know if there is any chance that nissan may surprise som eof us with cars maybe at the very end of july? Or are they really flooding the streets with most of the preorders in late august, early september? I know my car is an "R" number and I was told that it was being produced in june. I ordered on 1/11/02. Thank you for any info you can spare...BTW I think it would really be more effective to deliver some cars to begin the frenzy for all of those poor folks who were not at the right place at the right time to preorder. I am waiting and waiting, but not patiently.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:01 AM
350zpower

RXO,

the masses enter only when the imperial address the nation.
The time of impressionism has ceased. A renaissance is born where the elites must propagandize the findings.

The nation is prepared for the impending changes. We require the god's sign.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:26 PM
BullishZ

RXO... u are one real weirdo...

The kind of disturbed fella I would hate to see my [insert any female family member under 25 years old] with... (for example, sister, cousin, daughter...)
Old 07-07-2002, 06:51 PM
RxO

Originally posted by dv_johnson
The key to everyone's curiosities is this:

Can the select few able to shed some light
be able to deceipher the information coming from the land of the rising sun? ("What Floats Your Z?" )

Few options remain for dates commonly stated by people "in the know."

Who to trust?

*** Just kidding, RxO. It's actually really fun to try and emulate your antics. Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ***
Remember that Los Angeles is not the closest port on the west coast of the United States. Nissan uses other ports as well all over the coasts, east and west.
Pick other locations for more accurate deliveries.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:53 PM
RxO

Default Re: Car delivery

Originally posted by marcZZZ
RXO do you happen to know if there is any chance that nissan may surprise som eof us with cars maybe at the very end of july? Or are they really flooding the streets with most of the preorders in late august, early september? I know my car is an "R" number and I was told that it was being produced in june. I ordered on 1/11/02. Thank you for any info you can spare...BTW I think it would really be more effective to deliver some cars to begin the frenzy for all of those poor folks who were not at the right place at the right time to preorder. I am waiting and waiting, but not patiently.
Anything is possible.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:54 PM
RxO

Originally posted by 350zpower
RXO,

the masses enter only when the imperial address the nation.
The time of impressionism has ceased. A renaissance is born where the elites must propagandize the findings.

The nation is prepared for the impending changes. We require the god's sign.
I am sure the NNA people will give the most accurate information.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:59 PM
RxO

Originally posted by BullishZ
RXO... u are one real weirdo...

The kind of disturbed fella I would hate to see my [insert any female family member under 25 years old] with... (for example, sister, cousin, daughter...)
Just trying to keep it light with all the heavy stuff going on.
Wow...sister,cousin,daughter, all in one person!
Interesting gene pool (wading?).
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2002, 01:48 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by RxO

See what I mean about weird?

That post sums it up...
Old 07-08-2002, 02:19 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RxO

Remember that Los Angeles is not the closest port on the west coast of the United States. Nissan uses other ports as well all over the coasts, east and west.
Pick other locations for more accurate deliveries.
I agree that ports north of LA on the west coast are closer to Yokohama than LA, and while deliveries to those ports could make sense, the infrastructure at POLA seemed to me to be the best guess. As for East Coast ports, I know Nissan does use them, but I didn't see them as being feasible for shipments from Japan. Maybe for imports from some of Nissan's European plants, but not for shipments from Japan. Of course, the last time I was involved with the importation of cars was, well, never.

Just guessing here again, but I think it will take longer for a ship to reach the east coast from Japan, then it would to drop off cars in LA, then rail them to the east.

Fill us in on more details RxO. We've nothing better to do for a few months while we wait
Old 07-08-2002, 02:29 AM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by Scafremon
I agree that ports north of LA on the west coast are closer to Yokohama than LA, and while deliveries to those ports could make sense...
I was told my Z will arrive in (Seattle) Washington by boat, then travel by rail to my state, then by truck to the dealership.

I wonder if deliveries will arrive at multiple ports... ports that make the most sense to their destinations?

Regards,
Todd
Old 07-08-2002, 03:09 AM
BrianZ

Originally posted by RxO

LOL!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 03:10 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by Scafremon

As for East Coast ports, I know Nissan does use them, but I didn't see them as being feasible for shipments from Japan.
I'll have to ask my dealer to confirm, but I'm 99% sure that Nissan (as well as EVERY other major Japanese manufacturer) brings cars into Port Elizabeth in NJ for east coast deliveries. I can't see them pulling cars onto trailers in CA, then trucking them all the way to the east coast. It just doesn't sound efficient.

Back in 1995, my Integra GS-R (Domestic Content = 0%) first hit American soil in Elizabeth. My 1994 Pathfinder (Domestic Content also 0%) came from the same shipyard as well. I'm kinda hoping my Z shows up there, too. I'd hate to think of all the stupid **** that can happen to my car during an arduous journey from the left coast. (If that car shows up with so much as ONE pock mark in it...)
Old 07-08-2002, 03:10 AM
BrianZ

Originally posted by ToddLuc

I was told my Z will arrive in (Seattle) Washington by boat, then travel by rail to my state, then by truck to the dealership.

I wonder if deliveries will arrive at multiple ports... ports that make the most sense to their destinations?

Regards,
Todd
As the L.A. (San Pedro) port is the busiest in the U.S., and just a stone's throw from NNA HQ, I'll betya most of the cars will come through here.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:11 AM
InternetABYSS

BULLISH...PLEASE stop caling RXO a weirdo...he is a mystery man and makes riddles...but he still has help out alot....to each his own but if you tick of a good source that will tick off alot of people here.

Please quit while your ahead...thank you.... this isnt Zcar.com
Old 07-08-2002, 05:42 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NSANY

I can't see them pulling cars onto trailers in CA, then trucking them all the way to the east coast. It just doesn't sound efficient.

Back in 1995, my Integra GS-R (Domestic Content = 0%) first hit American soil in Elizabeth. My 1994 Pathfinder (Domestic Content also 0%) came from the same shipyard as well.
Trucks pulling trailers; I'd agree. But by rail car kinda makes sense. I'm not sure where the factories are that built your Integra and Pathfinder.

Someone else posted that Jacksonville has a port that receives a lot of cars. I confirmed that, and it does lend credence to the possiblity that cars will be delivered by ship to other than west coast ports. It's just a long journey for a ship from Japan to the East Coast of North America. And the ships that I guessed would be hauling our cars from Japan do not go to the east coast. So either I'm wrong on the ships from Japan (a distinct possiblity), or the cars are reloaded onto a ship from a west coast port to travel to an east coast port (doesn't seem logical, but who knows!).
Old 07-08-2002, 06:23 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Re: Re: Car delivery

Originally posted by RxO

Anything is possible.
Thank you RxO, your tidbits are really appreciated...I will keep trusting my woman's intuition, somehow I feel my car is going to be here soon....even the inventory person at the dealership says that this car has been different from any other order or preorder..they said they usually know 3-4 weeks in advance the VIN number or something. They just have an inventory shhet that says some cars could possibly arrive in august and some in september..go figure. Now I will try to see when boats may arrive in seattle/tacoma area..just killing time and waiting......I had to wait 4 months for a car once, never 8-9 months ..oh well, I know I will love it when it gets here, just have to remember my pillow so I can drive her home.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:35 AM
Sabre

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
BULLISH...PLEASE stop caling RXO a weirdo...he is a mystery man and makes riddles...but he still has help out alot....to each his own but if you tick of a good source that will tick off alot of people here.

I don't think he meant it as a direct attack. I wouldn't get so worked up about it.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:39 AM
BrianZ

Originally posted by InternetABYSS

Yeah, if you're gonna call anybody a weirdo it should be me. Or maybe Zisme. Or Scafremon. (just kiddin' bro', got your back! )

RxO is more like an international mystery man. Or maybe an international man of mystery. Or maybe Mike Myers' alternate ego???

I owe a lot to RxO, like the Buena Park tipoff for example!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 06:48 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by Sabre

I don't think he meant it as a direct attack. I wouldn't get so worked up about it.
Yes it was not a direct attack...
And yes, I do appreciate his "supply" of info, of course.

However, I was just noting the uncanny nature of his posts and his unique and "weird" delivery of info.

Quick Reply: I See The Masses Have Arrived Here!