Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Doorsills too high / seats too low?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:13 AM
BrianZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good recap. I can't agree enough about this topic being blown WAY out of proportion!
Old 07-08-2002, 03:14 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Originally posted by Dr Bonz

BTW, was that meatball sandwich gravy I saw on the front of your shirt?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..it was secret sauce

And yes I've been on the show a couple times but my Harleys have been on more..once Carl Malone rode one of my bikes onto the set instead of walking on stage..I've also been caught on camera exceeding the 15mph speed limit on the lot..Jay was doing a bit on how nobody drives the speed limit on the lot..hope I can keep the speed down once I get the Z....yea right!
Old 07-08-2002, 03:26 AM
brackethead

Hey, but you're all missing one important point:

This car prevents you from reaching out to operate a drive-though ATM because of the high beltline.

This could be moot for some of us, however, who won't have any reason to visit the ATM because of lack of cash due to Z payments! Beautiful engineering for the everyday world, Nissan!

Just don't leave your car running while you jump out to hit the walk-up machine -- don't want to make the 350Z the most stolen car in the US its first year.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:33 AM
InternetABYSS

THAT MAY BE A GOOD THING.......if i cant get my arm out the window maybe it will help stop smoking if i cant actually do comfortably....HMMM who needs ZYBAn when you have the smokers unfriendly 350z
Old 07-08-2002, 03:50 AM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

I'm 5'4.5", and it has me worried a bit also, but I will hold judgement until after I see how I fit.

I do agree that reaching out the window is very useful, especially when getting the ticket in a parking entrance or even paying said ticket or paying a highway toll. Can you imagine fumbling a McDonald's Chocolate Shake as it is passed to you in a drive-thru?
Old 07-08-2002, 07:09 AM
Subw00er

My audi TT is very much like this, and it took me about a week to get used to it. I remember the magazines' only critique about the car was that they couldnt put their arm out the window... I never had a problem.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:33 AM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by HEUGE
I'm 5'4.5", and it has me worried a bit also, but I will hold judgement until after I see how I fit.

I do agree that reaching out the window is very useful, especially when getting the ticket in a parking entrance or even paying said ticket or paying a highway toll. Can you imagine fumbling a McDonald's Chocolate Shake as it is passed to you in a drive-thru?
i agree!
i dont want to get out of mah car or open da door just to pay a friggin highway toll.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:50 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

This has been pointed out multiple times, but I will say it again.

The gentleman that drove 350Z for the Caravan to San Antonio was not much taller than 5' and was able to drive the car. So, I would say unless you are shorter than 5', you should be ok.

JD
Old 07-08-2002, 07:54 AM
netviper

I agree but until Nissan brings the car out or atleast brings some to dealers as a show car most of us wont know for sure how the comfort level is. If nissan was going to make this car for only tall people than why would the steering wheel tilt. I do find it strange that there is only one **** on the drivers seat though, i think even the old 300zx had more than one for height adjustment.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:21 AM
ToddLuc

At least on the Touring edition that I am getting, the drivers seat is 6-way adjustable. I believe I read the passengers seat is 4-way adjustable. (Power)

Regards,
Todd
Old 07-08-2002, 09:47 AM
crayons

Car and Driver said: Seat adjustments: for and aft, seatback angle, front height.

6kLaunch Said:

The seats are firm but comfortable. The driver seat does NOT have a vertical adjustment. It has two electric switches at the base of the seat, one to adjust the angle of the back, and the other is forward/ rear adjustment. There is a round **** on the left hand side of the seat to adjust the angle of the base, more or less upper leg support.

The right hand seat only forward/rear electric motion, no base adjustment, and a manual back angle adjustment.
Like Intrepid said in his recap, all of the 350z's seats are 6way adjustable (driver) and 4way adjustable (passenger). The touring edition simply has all power adjustments .
Old 07-08-2002, 11:41 AM
skooly

Originally posted by HEUGE
Can you imagine fumbling a McDonald's Chocolate Shake as it is passed to you in a drive-thru?
Ewww. McDonald's chocolate shake isn't real ice cream. It's chocolate flavored gelatin. Gross!! Instead, try Wendy's Frosty. Now we're talking about something worth passing into your 350z.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:41 PM
ITZBITZ

Last thing you want to is sit around drinking chocolate shakes. The car is already a pig at 3230, why add another 20-30 pounds of mcdonald's shakes to the mix...
Old 07-08-2002, 08:45 PM
BigBadBuford

If you are worried about how you sit in the car, drive over to your local Audi dealer and sit in a TT, the seating position is very similar. I am very glad the seating is similar to the TT, it makes you feel like you are part of the car, not sitting on top of it.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:54 PM
netviper

audi TT doesn't count because it has height adjustment. I am short and I sat in a TT and I was able to get just about get my elbow out the window.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:10 PM
silvrz5

Im also glad that it has the same feel as the audi tt does. That was the only spaorts car I felt comy in. Being 6-2 250+, the 350z looks like i will also be comy in it. Finally a car that fits tall people, and it comes from Japan?, arnt they short over there? Well anyway when i get a chance to sit in one, I will be saying thank you to them over and over again,,, I hope.

A sports car for the taller, larger people.............what a thought.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:42 PM
jeffw

Default Forbes Article

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/vehi...708feat_6.html

"...Speaking of adjustments, if you get the track model you can't adjust the fully manual seats for height. This matters if you're short because, unusually for a sports car, the Z is meant to accommodate real-size drivers, not gymnasts. In fact, Nissan almost errs on the side of capaciousness, since this smallish driver (5' 8") could only just get comfortable at the wheel and might opt for a model with electric seats just to be able to raise the perch to a less low-rider height...."

--
Jeff
Old 07-08-2002, 11:18 PM
netviper

Ok so that proves there is height adjustment on the drivers side. Man i don't know what to believe until I see it. All i know is that i won't even be able to get one until next spring anyways
Old 07-08-2002, 11:33 PM
kroams

No, that proves there is height adjustment on the TOURING driver's side, not for the other models with cloth. I don't see how that can be considering all driver's seats have 6-way function but the leather seats have 4-way power and 2-way manual.

Quick Reply: Doorsills too high / seats too low?