Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how to confront a car theft in progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 03:13 PM
ericjackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhh, hehe.. mississippi just passed a law that your car and your yard are now considered part of your property(used to be just house) and you have a right to defend yourself in it. of course you have to prove your life is in danger but if they have a glock/knife, that would be pretty easy.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:14 PM
dchi_t

ohh!! hmmm..ok

notto go off topic, but one day when i was "REALLY" bored, i thought of many ways of anti-theft/recovery systems. and i thought of this one, this will only work if it became a standard. but you guys ever watch minority report? how every major location has a rectal id scan?

maybe someone can come up w/ a car scan. so on our licence plates will be some kind of RFID chip and at every major intersection, the city will place a RFID scanner and it will scan each and every car that passes the intersection. and it will all go into a datacenter and authorities will be able to determine where each car has been, the route that they took, and where they are now. seems like a sci-fi thing, but it could happen =)

it'll also retire that stupid amber alert that slows down traffic everytime its on.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Adibese

I'm not worried about it getting stolen and ripped to pieces, I'm worried about busted windows, joy riding, car being used for other crimes and the car being wrecked, but not totalled. I'd rather the car disappear so I can get a new one. That NEVER happens though.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:07 PM
imjdoggie

dkorr where in the USA are you? That sounds like some crazy sheet man you must be in like Compton.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:18 PM
JDinsmore

Originally Posted by dchi_t
ohh!! hmmm..ok

notto go off topic, but one day when i was "REALLY" bored, i thought of many ways of anti-theft/recovery systems. and i thought of this one, this will only work if it became a standard. but you guys ever watch minority report? how every major location has a rectal id scan?

maybe someone can come up w/ a car scan. so on our licence plates will be some kind of RFID chip and at every major intersection, the city will place a RFID scanner and it will scan each and every car that passes the intersection. and it will all go into a datacenter and authorities will be able to determine where each car has been, the route that they took, and where they are now. seems like a sci-fi thing, but it could happen =)

it'll also retire that stupid amber alert that slows down traffic everytime its on.
I will never put a rectal id scanner on my car. Having to drop trou and moon my car just to get in is a bit to hard.
I do like the idea of a retinal scan or a least a fingerprint biometrics scan though.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:21 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And how long would it take before they start using this technlogy to issue speeding tickets and such, you think?

Danny
Old 05-12-2006, 05:15 PM
HighwaySpeed

Originally Posted by JDinsmore
I will never put a rectal id scanner on my car. Having to drop trou and moon my car just to get in is a bit to hard.
LMAO!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:33 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
dkorr where in the USA are you? That sounds like some crazy sheet man you must be in like Compton.
bellevue, WA
Old 05-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Zincognito

$hit dude, from everything you said, i shouldnt even drive a fakin car. I'm just gonna sell it and ride my bike to work. Call me an idiot but having a nice vehicle IS a risk that we all take and sure common sense can help not getting your car stolen but dont stop enjoying it to its full extent. Just my .02cents
Old 05-12-2006, 09:31 PM
ZedNewbie

They's gonna jack your bike too
Old 05-12-2006, 09:35 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaliforniaZman
Nothing my 9mm with hollow points wont take care of
I prefer .40 Hydrashock, carries a little more umpf. Just be careful not to hit the car
Old 05-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Gering

Originally Posted by dscheers
I prefer .40 Hydrashock, carries a little more umpf. Just be careful not to hit the car
I say let them take it and then let the cops find them because the car has LOJACK installed. Then you find out where the thief lives and deal with him with the Barrett 82A1 50 CAL. But if you like the 40 S&W "I have the Walther P99 40 S&W" check out http://www.extremeshockusa.com/
This stuff is GREAT!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:50 PM
shyndashu

You can remove the fuse from your fusebox so that your car won't start. That's one of the things my buddies used to do.

Or you can do what my friend did to his. He put an LED light in his dash and labeled it "GPS". That SUPPOSEDLY makes thieves think twice before moving it or so says my cop friends. *shrug* just my 2 cents.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:42 AM
thr33fiftyZ33

ohh!! hmmm..ok

Well, not to go off topic and make a comment on a "not to go off topic" comment, (did that make sense)?

I was just watching the news and they had a report about stolen vehicles. Some police cars are now equipped with a $17,000+ set of special cameras that can read license plates on both parked and moving vehicles and run them through a database of stolen car's plates. It can analyze a plate in less than a second and set off an alarm in the police car when a match is found.

Well, the video report hasn't been posted on my local news' website yet, which showed how it worked, but i did some googling and found these articles:

http://www.infowars.com/articles/bb/...e_scanners.htm

http://transportation.engadget.com/2...overs-7-stolen
Old 05-13-2006, 01:05 AM
thr33f1tty
Banned

Or you can do what my friend did to his. He put an LED light in his dash and labeled it "GPS". That SUPPOSEDLY makes thieves think twice before moving it or so says my cop friends. *shrug* just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]
That LED sounds like a good idea... I mean lojak doesn't disable the car once the cops find it rite? Well... If it doesn't that's stupid cuz mostly every car thief runs when they are gittin chased by the cops... and they always eather get in to a car accident or run out of gas rite and we all have seen cops and how many times do they run outta gas? Neways... I don't know about you ppl but I would say *** lojak and if you do get your car stolen get a new 1 through your insurance.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Acidskie

If you find yourself in the position of catching someone trying to steal your car......

Option 1: Pull out the HK USP .40 and end them. Go to jail for murder. Ruin your life. Have a great impact on your family (seeing as you will be gone for some time). Try to avoid getting *** raped while you wait for your day in the electric chair.

Option 2: Wave goodbye as they pull out in your car. Call the cops. Turn it in on your insurance. Get a new car.

Let me think about this one for a bit. I mean it is such a tough decision after all.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:42 AM
Fletch69z

Call the cops...
Old 05-13-2006, 06:43 AM
rythex

Thats why you have a second gun and then you plant it in his hand.

Originally Posted by Acidskie
If you find yourself in the position of catching someone trying to steal your car......

Option 1: Pull out the HK USP .40 and end them. Go to jail for murder. Ruin your life. Have a great impact on your family (seeing as you will be gone for some time). Try to avoid getting *** raped while you wait for your day in the electric chair.

Option 2: Wave goodbye as they pull out in your car. Call the cops. Turn it in on your insurance. Get a new car.

Let me think about this one for a bit. I mean it is such a tough decision after all.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:41 AM
oldsnail

i don't know about states, but in Canada, killing someone will get you avg 3~4yr in prison somehow.. especially if you do it while being drunk..
(2 yr for running over them, 3 yr for beating them to death.. 5 for stabbing on throat.. all actual sentense given to murderer in Canada...)
unless.. you do something really stupid.. like dragging a guy with car for 8 km or so until he is totally grinded to death... then you get 9 years for that..
Old 05-13-2006, 08:07 AM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand now....pu$$y.

j/k

Quick Reply: how to confront a car theft in progress