Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how to confront a car theft in progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:44 PM
dkorr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to confront a car theft in progress

ok so after work i went to this alarm installer... so i'm getting this shop to install my compustar 2-way alarm... these guys are ex-thieves so they know the ins and outs of the whole business.... they use to steal their friends' cars to practice....but now they've gone legit... they told me various techniques to steal a car... (ie drill a hole thru the hood into the battery to drain the liquid out, thus lowers the voltage and renders the alarm useless) by doing that he doesnt trigger the hood pins... he told me they normally steal the HIDs, oem rims, airbags and leather seats off the Z... they seldom steal the whole car (unless its some kind of international theft ring) in which case they would flatbed the vehicle... or just simply hold u at knife/gun point... he tells me that he normally targets cars that are near the stairwell... incase case he needs to have a quick getaway.... he tells me they use to test your 2-way pagers by doing a few false triggers first to see if the owner responds to it.. using the RPS or just shock sensor... and if you have a backup siren, they just sledge hammer it (if its bolted on) or stuff it in a bag of water to short circuit it... and he tells me if the owner does confront the theif in progress, him and his buddy are usually armed with a knife, screwdriver, or glock. he says the best thing to do is keep the car stock, leave all the compartment doors open, drop ur business card into your door, and dont get alarm, stereo, subs, etc. some thiefs purposely look for alarms to steal, or as a challenge... wheel locks dont work because they have lugs to tear it out regardless of key... (same stuff repo man uses)... he basically said dont drive it when it gets dark, and dont turn up ur stereo as that would attract attention... he says there's not a whole lot of people stealing Zs because its still relatively exclusive compared to Accords and Civics. ie the demand for integra parts are from civic owners wanting to upgrade, and most civic owners are kids (usually dont have a whole of money to spend on parts) so they buy stolen goods... so he says since the demographics for Z owners are pretty well off, they usually dont see much demand for Z parts, thus less stolen goods... he says the reason later model Z's parts are being ripped off is because of 03/04 base owners... cuz they dont have HID or LED rears... he's installed so many 'questionable' parts on 03/04s.... not pointing fingers, or flaming.. just quoting what i heard yesterday...

so now that i have a 2-way responder, and i'm confronted with the theif trying to jack my ride, i wonder what i can do? without end up dead, in the hospital, or being in jail... in the heat of the moment its gonna be hard to do the right thing... a lot of u say you'll put a bullet in their head, or beat the crap outta them...... but what are you REALLY gonna do?
Old 05-12-2006, 01:51 PM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

Too bad that S&W didn't end their "fun."
Old 05-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lo-Jack, then you do not have to, let em take it and the cops will confront them.....
Old 05-12-2006, 02:01 PM
ClaytonC01

well.. in the small town im from.. where i normally would drive my Z.. everyone knows its mine.. and i highly doubt anyone would touch it.. someone messed with my VW a few years back... lesson learned..
Old 05-12-2006, 02:04 PM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Step 1) Buy a pistol
Step 2) Buy a shovel
Step 3) Go here and learn: http://www.weaponstraining.com/
Step 4) Don't be a pu$$y
Old 05-12-2006, 02:05 PM
bstansbu

Personally, i have never really understood why you would want to waste the money on a expensive alarm system. Its just a car. We all pay out the azz every month for insurance, so just get a new car once its stolen. And for someone that would get involved in trying to save his or her car from theives who could care less about your life, thats just dumb. Ive thought about what I would do if I was car jacked, and not only would I give them my ride with out a hesitation, but i would clean the windshield off for them and tell them to open her up and enjoy the powerband in the higher RPM range. Not worth your life!! BEN
Old 05-12-2006, 02:07 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

If someone really wants to steal your car, you're SOL. Best rule of thumb is to just try to avoid situations where the risks are higher :

1. Don't advertise or draw attention to your car. Meaning don't go around looking like a bad *** with your radio bumping loud.

2. Don't drive in areas where you are more likely to get robbed especially at night.

3. Don't park your car in dark & secluded areas. Park it in areas where it is highly visible to the public or within a gated/secured area.

Another way is just to invest in one of these bad boys with a remote start
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...r/240x180.html

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 05-12-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:12 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by dkorr
ok so after work i went to this alarm installer..
Just hope these guys steal a "trap" car in Texas. They have gps, hidden cameras, remote control ignition disconnect and remote control door lock so the bad guys cannot open the door to get out once triggered.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:12 PM
damnnit

Dude, you just told everyone some ways to break into cars. Now someone might read this and go try it.

Back on topic:
Lower your music when you get close to your destination.
Don't take such a nice car to a neighborhood you know this stuff happens on, carpool with some friends.
Leave the body stock.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Kanyon71

To be honest thats why I have insurance and GAP. It's only a car and it can be replaced. Learned a long time ago from a friend of our family who was a pro car theif that there isn't much you can do including Lo-Lac as by the time you'll notice the car is gone it will be in pieces.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:21 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by damnnit
Dude, you just told everyone some ways to break into cars. Now someone might read this and go try it.

Back on topic:
Lower your music when you get close to your destination.
Don't take such a nice car to a neighborhood you know this stuff happens on, carpool with some friends.
Leave the body stock.
going by that, we shouldnt talk about what kind of alarms we like, the type of mods we have, where we live, or touch any topics that deal with auto and security. the stuff he told me is common knowledge to the avg car thief. he just told me a few cases, there are plenty more techniques that i spared the forum on.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:24 PM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bstansbu
Ive thought about what I would do if I was car jacked, and not only would I give them my ride with out a hesitation, but i would clean the windshield off for them and tell them to open her up and enjoy the powerband in the higher RPM range. Not worth your life!! BEN
You've got to be kidding right? You're going to let someone steal your car from you?

Hilarious.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:29 PM
CaliforniaZman

Well I have to say I have my 2 way alarm and I pity the $hit for brains that trys to steal mine at night. Nothing my 9mm with hollow points wont take care of if the 2 way does its job.

Good car thiefs will get your $hit no matter what you do really but you can minimize the probabilities as much as possible.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:32 PM
HighwaySpeed

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MulhollandDrive
Just hope these guys steal a "trap" car in Texas. They have gps, hidden cameras, remote control ignition disconnect and remote control door lock so the bad guys cannot open the door to get out once triggered.
+1 LOL!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:37 PM
tienlo

I'd call the cops and stay out of the way. Car damaged / stolen => That's what my insurance is for.

Car positioning is quite a useful thing too...

Park along a busy road / front door of 7-11 etc for clear visibility
Park really close to a kerb on one side so they can't use a jack there
Park really close to the wall in front so they can't get to the bonnet and have to lean over from the side
Park at an aggressive angle like you're in a rush and about to run back to the car
Old 05-12-2006, 02:41 PM
ArCtM

Yeah car theives aren't little wanna be criminals my cousin's friend got beat down with a mag light by two guys trying to steal his car those dudes are cold blooded
Old 05-12-2006, 02:53 PM
dchi_t

dkorr - understand what you're saying, but can you shed some light on why leave a business card in the drivers door?
Old 05-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Kabs

Originally Posted by dchi_t
dkorr - understand what you're saying, but can you shed some light on why leave a business card in the drivers door?

ya was wondering the same
Old 05-12-2006, 03:08 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by dchi_t
its more for theft recovery and ID. drop it inside the door where most thieves seldom go for.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:09 PM
NeoRacer_106

So they know you work close by maybe?

Quick Reply: how to confront a car theft in progress