Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Which package to get???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006 | 05:09 PM
C4talyst

Default Which package to get???

Firstly let me say this is a great site, and I can see myself spending a lot of time here in the future. I've already spent hours here while at work, lol.

I'm getting Z soon, next couple of weeks hopefully. I'm a little confused by all the packages: Base Model, Enthusiast, Touring, Track and Grand Touring.

So far I'm thinking Track model for me. Can anyone provide input on their major differences, or opinions on why you like one over another?

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2006 | 05:09 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Go to www.nissanusa.com

Enthusiast is the best bang for the buck! Track Model is nice but it all depends on your budget!
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:18 PM
JhayRCruz

touring all the way... yes its true, depends on ur budget!...
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:42 PM
C4talyst

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm curious to know why touring over track is preferred? I'm definitely thinking about getting track, however I'd really rather not have the unnecessary 19" rear wheels. It's my understanding they do nothing to add to the performance of the vehicle, they're heavier.

Also, mods I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I'm still familiarizing myself with the site. Please feel free to move this thread to the Buy/Lease forum area...
Old 05-16-2006 | 06:08 PM
wldkatz03

they won't add that much weight since they are rays which are lighter
Old 05-16-2006 | 06:23 PM
Falcon2000

Hello all

I am a new guy here and I am also getting ready to buy a Z so we share the same concerns.

I have done a few weeks of research and will share what I have learned so far. I think you have to ask yourself a few questions before you can decide on the right model for your needs.

Will the car be a daily driver? If so no need for Brembo Brakes. Brembos come on the Track and Grand Touring model.

Will you be doing any SCCA Solo racing or Open track days on the weekends? If yes then you should get the Track or Grand Touring model because they both have the Brembo brakes. You can add Brembos or even better systems like the AP racing stuff later if you choose for a cost between $3000 to $5000.

Do you need leather? If not then you dont need a Touring or Grand Touring model. You can add aftermarket leather at a later date for less than a grand.

Do you need Navigation? I think the factory nav system is sub par. The aftermarket stuff is nicer and has many better features. Only available on Touring and Grand Touring.

Do you need the Rays light weight wheels? Only available on the Track and Grand Touring model. They are nice and expensive if you go to buy them afterwards so choose wisely here. Many aftermarket wheels available that are much lighter and just as nice in my opinion.

Do you want Traction Control (TCS) and Vehicle Dynamic Stability (VDC)?
If you are just going to be driving it on the street then it's nice to have. If you are going racing it gets turned off and its worthless. VDC comes on the Touring, Track and Grand Touring models.

Do you want the 240 Watt Bose stereo or are you ok with the 160 watt system. Personally I think they both need to be improved upon but I am very picky when it comes to sound systems. The Touring and Grand Touring have the Bose 240 watt setup. If you are going to put aftermarket system in then you don't need to worry about this.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Old 05-16-2006 | 06:28 PM
Acidskie

I have a 06 Track. I bought used so it was the only choice on the lot, but I couldn't be happier. I have stereo control on the wheel, heated leather, 6 disc in dash, 7 speakers (includes the sub).

The only thing I think I am missing from either the T or GT package is the heated mirrors? I also don’t have the Navigation system. (Is it even standard on the GT?)

I would suggest the Track. You will enjoy the look of the "wrapped" 19" on the rear. I get as many compliments on that as I do the Z. Plus who doesn't like a wider rear for just a little more traction
Old 05-16-2006 | 06:36 PM
HighwaySpeed

Smile

Originally Posted by zand02max
Go to www.nissanusa.com

Enthusiast is the best bang for the buck!
+1

Track & GT are nice, but a bit overkill & $

If you need leather, power, heated seats & Bose stereo, buy a Touring model.
Old 05-17-2006 | 05:48 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

o well.. picked GT..
Why? i dont know.. i compared Track and Touring, and track looks so much batter becuase of (rims and brakes...) but i wanted heated seat.. so.. i had no choise~
Old 05-17-2006 | 05:54 AM
davidv

I recommend that you:

Set a budget
Study the different models. Decide which features you need, and which you do not.
Old 05-17-2006 | 05:55 AM
indokidd01

enthusiast... still under 30 and gives u etc and steering mounted controls
Old 05-17-2006 | 09:50 AM
C4talyst

Thanks very much folks, all good info. I'm leaning towards the track model now. Time to start talking mods, hehehehe...