Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's with Z owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 07:54 AM
hypeiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I first got the car I would say 90% wave back but I serisouly can't even remember the last time a 350z waved back... (last time I think was a 280zx)... i guess the car is too common now.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Shifted

i had a roadster with an older guy driving pull up to me at a light the other day. I had my windows down,looked over and was about to say hey, nice car, when he just looks my car up and down, looks at me with this real smug look and looks away. Then the light turns green, he floors it and cuts me off??? He was a real winner.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Wholey Smokes

I parked next to a guy with a 350z yesterday. As he was driving off I said, "that car's a piece of $hit". He said, "So is yours" and we waved to each other. Best exchange I've had with another Z owner.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:40 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With anything that looks that hot - it's a poser-fest. Didn't you know?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Zendem

Originally Posted by Morningglorie
Most Z owners of course are handsome, charming, wonderful people of good taste!

You must have seen me pass by a few times, thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Jyoder7

I had some guy next to me at light today in a Z, he looked at me so I waved then he just turned away. The light turned green and he drove off with both hands on the wheel, the mangina must of had an auto.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Morningglorie

Just curious, is there a site out there that gives the demographics of car buyers, by brand? I remember finding one a long time ago but don't remember the address.

Anyone know what the breakdown is of male and female Z owners? I would guess maybe 60 - 70% male, 30 - 40% female, but could be way wrong.

Is it mostly guys who come to meets and Z-fests and whatnot?
Old 05-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Bill_the_Cat
One Whacked Cat

Being a friendly guy, I always acknowledge people - be it with their ride, in the mall, on the street, etc. The problem is people in general these days - just not nice to each other any more. Maybe it's the generation, maybe the stress of life and world issues, maybe a lot of things. It's sometimes discouraging. I wonder how my kids will fare in the upcoming years. As long as I stress friendliness, discipline, and manners, I think they will do fine.

The bad - I had a new blue Pontiac GTO ride my a$$ on a one lane road, constantly reving the motor. As soon as we turned onto a two lane road, she wips around me and floors it weaving around three cars that were in front of me. The driver was a young woman too eager to be a biatch!

The bad - For those in the know about MD RT270, it can be bumper to bumper. I come alongside a ZR and waved. The older guy gives me a nasty look and stared like I was some crazy nut. I just smiled and continued on my way. Each time he came alongside me, he still had the nasty look. I on the other hand still had a smile waiting.

The good - Almost to work and on an exit lane, I see a red Z with full body kit coming up FAST. He lets off to come alongside, looks over, we make eye contact, wave to each other with a grin, then parted. He was well modded but kind enough to greet my stock. Cool guy!

The good - Came up along a newer stock S2K. He looks over, checks out my Z, smiles and nods. I do the same and we continue on our way, enjoying the road. Younger guy and another cool enthusiast.

There are always bad apples. It's very nice when you come across the good ones. Here is to more of the good ones - CHEERS!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:55 AM
35oZephyR

I wave at everyone, and if someone doesn't acknowledge I give them the finger.

"You aint shiet!"
Old 05-21-2006, 02:21 AM
fusionchicken

Originally Posted by Wholey Smokes
I parked next to a guy with a 350z yesterday. As he was driving off I said, "that car's a piece of $hit". He said, "So is yours" and we waved to each other. Best exchange I've had with another Z owner.
haha good stuff
Old 05-21-2006, 05:13 AM
yell03

Bill_the_Cat -

I agree with your attitude 100%.

If they are too uptight to smile back, I just wink, blow them a kiss, and wave like a fairy.
Just kidding, but it would freak somebody out and that is priceless.

The other day I was out in my C6 Automatic Vette Vert (12.57@110.67) and from behind me I see the lights of a Neon, but I also hear the EVIL WHINE of a Turbo, a SRT4.

I personally love SRT4s, EVOs, STIs, and basically any Turbo car.

I was just driving my normal style in the Vette nd a few lights later the guy pulls next to me and says I tried, but that is TOO FAST.
I wasn't even racing, but that did not need to be said.
I just tiold him, what it ran at ATCO (he was impressed as most people think Vette guys are not hardcore racers) and if I was in my other car a 350Z 6 speed we could have had a GREAT BATTLE.

I still wave to any performance car I like when I am in one of my performance cars. Cruising around in the Family Lincoln Navigator (my PimpMobile) my 11 year old son will let you know if you have a cool car.

Remember, it takes more muscles to frown than to smile.

Howard
Old 05-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Ruth

Originally Posted by Black_Sunshine
Maybe you're creepy looking?
Mexicalifornia, your throwing rocks dude.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:35 PM
mikeg8r

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
That is SOMEwhat true from the meets I've been to, only because the average age of a 350z/G35 owner is a tad older than the other import drivers.

They seem a little more standoff-ish or cliquey but that's just a matter of relating to your own demograph...
It's funny that no other socal z/g folx have spoken up. So I will. I've only owned the Z since 11/05 but i've been to about 5 or 6 meets. Some there were 50+ z owners, others there were 3. In every case I go by my self (my wife doesn't really car about such things and has better things to do) and in every case I meet someone new and cool to talk to. Sometimes you just need to walk up to a group you don't know and say hi.

Anyway, if you're ever at a meet here in L.A. lmk. I have the mostly stock DB Z with OEM chrome and the SC sticker in the back. Maybe by then i'll have some stoptech fronts.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:10 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by mikeg8r
It's funny that no other socal z/g folx have spoken up. So I will. I've only owned the Z since 11/05 but i've been to about 5 or 6 meets. Some there were 50+ z owners, others there were 3. In every case I go by my self (my wife doesn't really car about such things and has better things to do) and in every case I meet someone new and cool to talk to. Sometimes you just need to walk up to a group you don't know and say hi.

Anyway, if you're ever at a meet here in L.A. lmk. I have the mostly stock DB Z with OEM chrome and the SC sticker in the back. Maybe by then i'll have some stoptech fronts.
Haha no... I didn't mean to say that the ones I've ran into have been like this. Most Z/G owners I've met face to face have been awesome and down to earth.

I was trying to illustrate the perspective that other car enthusiasts might have with us when we're at the "multi-make" car meets. Doesn't mean it's true...just some reasoning.

But thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely look for you next time I'm at a Socal meet near LA.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Black_Sunshine

Originally Posted by Ruth
WTF are you talking about?
Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 AM
mikeg8r

ROFTL, you said what I was thinking
Old 05-22-2006, 07:45 AM
dkorr

I was driving up to Canada and on the way I spotted a Red Z. So for about 10 mins on the hwy we drove next to each other. Our cars get a lot of attention when we're in a convoy.

Another time I was going to get some Pho and this guy in a Silverstone gave me a peace sign. We ended up in the same plaza. He's cool guy.

But i gotta question. When we see another on-coming Z and want to flash our beams to acknowledge each other, is it bad to flick on the HIDs on and off so quickly?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Z_freak

Originally Posted by Ruth

no worries man, i can appreciate all types of humor....
Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by dkorr
But i gotta question. When we see another on-coming Z and want to flash our beams to acknowledge each other, is it bad to flick on the HIDs on and off so quickly?
You have an 06, so you're probably just changing the angle of the beam with those bi-xenons. The intensity or charge of the lights never really change.

No harm done unless the driver gets blinded, cuts across the divider and goes in a head-on collision with you.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Ruth

Ok,what is Mexifornia?

Quick Reply: What's with Z owners?