Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's with Z owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:44 PM
fairladyinit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's with Z owners?

I don't know if this is a repost so I'll speak my mind anyways.

When I first got my Z, I remember waving to and getting thumbs up from fellow Z owners. It seemed like every Z owner was automatically friends with me. It was great. Though, lately it seems like Z owners don't even look over anymore. They just seem to ignore me. Maybe it's my suspension and wheel setup. I'm not trying to pick a race or anything. Also not to be sexist or anything, but It seems like female Z owners ignore me or give me wierd looks the most.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Alang35

:/ that sucks. i love your wheel setup!!! i have it on my G
Old 05-17-2006, 05:48 PM
s2kphil

i would wave at ya brotha
Old 05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
fairladyinit

lol thanks, though S2k guys always at least look if not give me a friendly nod
Old 05-17-2006, 06:14 PM
kpiskin

I wave or look all the time, but it seems other owners are distracted or just consider their Z just another car. I was parked near a brickyard once, and the owner was just getting out of it. I complimented him and mentioned how rare they are, and he looked at me like I was insane or I was going to carjack him.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it really suks that nissan has to sell cars to some as$holes....i hate that sh&t to, but fortunately i have good experiences to offset the not so good.....i was driving to work and pulled in to gas up at chevron, silverston sitting there and the owner was cleaning his door mirror, i said hey nice ride, he looked over and said you too, from there we carried on a 30 min convo about our cars....needless to say i was late to work but oh well, it was worth it, kool dude and may have hook up for me on some audio equipment for my dj biz.....

and +1 on the female owners not being to friendly....i know it's not all of them, but some......BIATCHES!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Black_Sunshine

Maybe you're creepy looking?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Kanyon71

I think it goes with any car, you get some people who are cool some who think they are better and some that are just in la la land. When I had my Cobra I got a lot of looks and coments from other owners with my Z I get lots of comments but not from other owners. Ahhh well just have to join a club
Old 05-17-2006, 06:51 PM
jakesford

there are a lot of Z's out there and many of the people driving them bought one because they thought they were cool looking and aren't an enthusiast...its just another point A to B car that happens to be cool looking and maybe fill some type of status symbol for them

I wish they never made auto Z's, like S2000's... That would eliminate like 2/3's of the non enthusiast drivers
Old 05-17-2006, 06:58 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

I cant help it...i give them the "wanna run look"...but after i win i always give a "thumbs up"...
Old 05-17-2006, 07:01 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 05-17-2006, 07:01 PM
BobbyRitz

I always wave...regardless of "mod" level.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:15 PM
NightRida

Originally Posted by jakesford
there are a lot of Z's out there and many of the people driving them bought one because they thought they were cool looking and aren't an enthusiast...its just another point A to B car that happens to be cool looking and maybe fill some type of status symbol for them

I wish they never made auto Z's, like S2000's... That would eliminate like 2/3's of the non enthusiast drivers
"Ouch dude! That last comment was harsh! I just lost my leg in war and I cant drive manual anymore! Am I to be punished for allowing you to live in peace??

This is a scenario that indicates how immature you really are my friend! And yes I know a few people that it happened to and that's what they were left with, an auto Z! Long live the auto Z!!!
Peace!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its the difference between an owner and an enthusiast.

An owner just has the car because its a nice car and fun to drive. An enthusiast has the car, knows, the history, probably is on this or other Z boards, and acknowledges other owners.

I'd say getting a wave/flash/acknowledgement from another Z owner is about 50/50.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Bill_the_Cat
One Whacked Cat

Originally Posted by Armitage

An owner just has the car because its a nice car and fun to drive. An enthusiast has the car, knows, the history, probably is on this or other Z boards, and acknowledges other owners.

I'd say getting a wave/flash/acknowledgement from another Z owner is about 50/50.
About same for me. The other 50 were just too preoccupied with - cell phone, head phones , speeding, exit ramp. Surprisingly, gals have been friendlier, and much more cute.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Morningglorie

Being a woman, I can tell you why women might not wave or acknowledge you - especially in a ZR - it's because women can be too vulnerable to weird guys out there. Better safe than sorry, unfortunately. Has nothing to do with you personally or with your car.

That said, I usually wave at fellow Z owners myself, but depends on circumstances, too. Most Z owners of course are handsome, charming, wonderful people of good taste!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by Armitage

I'd say getting a wave/flash/acknowledgment from another Z owner is about 50/50.
Yeah, when I first bought my car everyone with a Z would wave at everyone with a Z. I now notice a lot of people with Z that don't wave back. 350Z are getting to be like VW Bugs were all over the place. This should be great down the road when I need parts. I keep my Z's for 20 years so I'm OK with a lot of people liking the car and buying the car. Even though they have no clue to how cool it really is and what the heritage is behind this beauty it OK for them to have bought it. Remember in this day in age Driving School is teaching people not to acknowledge someone trying to get your attention. ITO the person could be a road rager. Your supposed to look forward and keep driving. They just don't get it.

Drive Defensively and Courteously.

What funny is when they get it, but it's a second later. They smile and wave big and that is fun / funny at the same time.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:25 PM
indokidd01

u and ur z are always welcomed with a warm greeting where i reside
Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 PM
fusionchicken

i got to quite a few different car meets, for the Evo, s2000, integra, mr2's.....

that said, i've always heard that the 350z/g35 group were the least friendliest i haven't went to any 350z/g35 meets here in socal yet, but that's what i've heard

maybe it's a socal thing?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:49 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
i got to quite a few different car meets, for the Evo, s2000, integra, mr2's.....

that said, i've always heard that the 350z/g35 group were the least friendliest i haven't went to any 350z/g35 meets here in socal yet, but that's what i've heard

maybe it's a socal thing?
That is SOMEwhat true from the meets I've been to, only because the average age of a 350z/G35 owner is a tad older than the other import drivers.

They seem a little more standoff-ish or cliquey but that's just a matter of relating to your own demograph.

On top of that, you also get some "Joe blows" who bought the car primarly because it's "universally appealing". Those guys are going to be snobs from the get-go.

Just my take.

Quick Reply: What's with Z owners?