2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

plenum spacer vs. intake plenum

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Ayankees2772
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very true man!^^^
Im in the same boat!! i want to know which one gets better flippin gains...im not asking which is the best bang for ur buck!!! WHICH ONE GETS BETTER GAINS!!! NOTTT which one cost less....give me advice on the best gains in hp/tq!!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Ruth

Go to your dealer,I think the 05 plenum has been redesigned for more air flow.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:50 PM
k4nx

sip sipin on sum sizzearch
Old 05-22-2006, 12:01 AM
heezyo2o

The irony of the whole thing, is that when you do a search, it leads to old threads with posts by possibly the very same people where they advise you to "do a search." A search also leads to a crap thread like this.

If it bothers some of you guys so much, why even bother replying to the thread. If it is a common themed thread, a few people would give their input and the thread would quickly die.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:54 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
I did not say "your kidding me" or "you want to get flamed"

I said "Your kidding right, are you just trying to get flamed?" as I wondered if he was asking simply to sit back and watch this exact scenario unfold. Is he really here for knowledge or just to start threads and watch the melt down into argument.

He has also started a
Best Radar thread
Voiding warranty thread
Launching thread
and his HELP with chooossinng!!!! (exhaust) thread has been asked at least a dozen time.

I believe this was his intention is to cause chaos here and you are the butt of his joke.

Chris
damn, he really is asking for it, isn't he?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:53 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by heezyo2o
The irony of the whole thing, is that when you do a search, it leads to old threads with posts by possibly the very same people where they advise you to "do a search." A search also leads to a crap thread like this.
Interesting point.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:06 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it bothers some of you guys so much, why even bother replying to the thread. If it is a common themed thread, a few people would give their input and the thread would quickly die.
I agree 100%, that is the number one reason to do the search in the first place and not just throw more out there.

Do you realize davidv has answered the same exhaust questions hundreds of times and now just copies the same good advice each time. How long will it be until he gives that up, how many other gave up a long time ago?

I thought not answering duplicate threads was the answer for a while but then I noticed a bunch of newbs answering questions for other newbs and the information was incorrect. Incorrect information is even worse than lame threads like this because when someone does finally use the search it turns up the wrong answers. They go off believing it and the next thing you know everybody believes it.

As for bringing old threads back up or wanting new information on an older subject, had the OP here referenced that he had searched and read (post links here) and it didn't answer his questions, at least there would be a link to the earlier topics link so this thread would build on earlier conversation as well as show he tried to look for the information himself. Had that occurred, I would have glad to help if I could.

The worst part of this thread really is that nobody who needs to read it ever will, heck, our original poster has not even returned. Most of the other boards I visit, the mods would have solved a lot of this by merging threads and sending PMs to newbs who repeatedly do this sort of thing. This keeps the search tight, clean and working and keeps the information relevant.

I do stick by my original assertion that he is a troll who simply wanted to start an argument.

To the people who found this thread by searching, I am sorry for the mess, just like all the other threads where people say "search", the only people who ever find them are the people who actually do.

Chris
Old 05-22-2006, 07:30 AM
zugbug

Some people don't know how to use the search function efficiently and often you get or don't get the info you are looking for. All too often it is a time waster. Sometimes it's easier just to post the question and there's nothing wrong with that.

Originally Posted by heezyyo2o
Oh, I get it. People can ignore a post which is what an intelligent person would do if they can't offer any help. However, I've noticed many useless and timewasting posts because these morons don't want to look like a newbie (like it's something bad). So what do they do- they keep posting and replying so they can get their posting numbers up. Compensating for... why it's kinda like the "you're just a freshman or something..." Just goes to show the maturity level. There are some people who genuinely contribute to this forum in a positive, meaningful way, but most of it is teen talk.

Yeah, STFU!

Last edited by zugbug; 05-22-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lolz...still no answer? anyway, i answer this question few times arlready, so here it is again.

HP gain on both almost the same. Different about 1-2hp. You can't tell much. The reason most of us go with spacer due to price saving. Price different between spacer and full plenum is about $100-$200.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:37 AM
zugbug

Originally Posted by Bubble
lolz...still no answer? anyway, i answer this question few times arlready, so here it is again.

HP gain on both almost the same. Different about 1-2hp. You can't tell much. The reason most of us go with spacer due to price saving. Price different between spacer and full plenum is about $100-$200.
Thanks Bubble for adding something to the intelligent side of the conversation AND sharing, which, after all is what this forum is about!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
sential

Originally Posted by Bubble

can I get a drum roll? 29 responses later, we got an answer... Thanks man...
Old 05-22-2006, 04:46 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

This could've been answered a while ago.. without the help of this thread..