Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Top gear hates the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:00 AM
bodayguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how you could watch one of Tiff's track tests and say he is boring.

Every time they have him flogging some econobox or mail truck on the track, I get a good laugh.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:18 AM
03zsmith25

0-60 in 5.9?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Clapton9286

I just am used to Clarkson, thats why.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:37 PM
blake Z

he is gayyyyyy
Old 05-31-2006, 02:48 AM
Andreas M.

There are some misconceptions here.

Topgear is NOT about roadtests. It's maybe a parody of readtests. It's pure ENTERTAINMENT.
That doesn't mean that some of their statements could be true, but that's mainly by accident.

If there's a car everybody likes, there's a good chance that Jeremy will try to thrash it just for the fun of it and to suprise people. I'm also sure that the "opinions" of the other two guys are seldom their own ones, but are mostly predetermined by the type of their roles (one sporty but a bit ludicrous bloke, one slow and sophisticated bloke).

If you would try to take them seriously, nothing would make sense.

To stay with the Z - The feature with the Z, TT and Crossfire roadster:

(Well, obviously a drag race on the beach with only one of the cars having 4-wheel-drive does not provide any information at all.)
Richard (in the Z) tells that he forgot to switch off the ESP and destroyed the button while trying it.
- the start of the Z we see is obviously a start without ESP
- nobody could drive the Z with activated ESP across sand to the start line without noticing
- if the button would have been pushed through - as he said - I - as a producer or director - would not have missed the opportunity to show that

Jeremys first "test drive" with the Z (the blue one):
(BTW: this was not an early US model - it had right hand steering)

- Yes the SatNav cover and the two small covers behind the seats are flimsy. But the infamous line "I have seen better build quality on a Lada" (I have never been in a Lada, but I guess this is something bad) is said after he opened and closed the ashtray with a very disgusted facial expression. Maybe the ashtray cover looks very "black-plasticky" but the mechanism is very well built and the inner material is even made from "duroplastic" which is a very heat-resistant plastic, that is very rarely used these days, because it's more difficult to process.
I've been sitting in a Jaguar S-Type recently and apart from looking like wood, the ashtry cover is far more flimsy.
- "It's doesn't feel fast." Is that really a bad thing? I mean, if it would be possible to get a Lada to a speed of 150 mph, I'm sure it would feel VERY, VERY, VERY fast, but would you like it?

I could make long lists of unlogical statement and reasoning of every episode, but I guess I've made my point.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:32 AM
fusionchicken

it's pretty funny how the article written by Top Gear hailing the z33 as the best FR coupe of 2004 completely contradicts almost everything clarkson dislikes the z33 about. e.g. engine noise.

the z33 is an amazing car. take his opinions as entertainment at best, instead of threats to ur security of owning ur car.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:36 AM
fusionchicken

Originally Posted by heezyo2o
I got it from this guy's website http://www.wcsl.org/z/
awesome site with good collection of Z's media thanks.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:45 PM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't want to watch a car show to be entertained. I want to watch a car show to learn about cars. Nor do I want to hear some guy soliciting political commentary. There are plenty of other TV channels dedicated to that.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that guy is a crow eating douchebag.....everytime he flames a car his show never backs him.....
Old 05-31-2006, 04:01 PM
irvbulldogs72

Leave it alone. He's funny enough to me that I download all of the new Top Gear, and I actually have all of the shows from the last 4 seasons on my hard drive. No, Clarkson isn't the most tactful, or knowledgeable, but he is witty, and his schoolboy antics are amusing. What isn't quite so amusing is watching quite a few enthusiasts get their panties in a bunch about a televised opinion. I understand what I bought, and it's not a race car. Its at best a sporty coupe. The interior plastics aren't great. It does sound good. Its a bit of a pig, and the engine isn't exactly a beast. There are pros and cons. But they are there. I have a 6MT G Coupe, and I realize that my Brembos offset the ****ty plastics and the fact that bolton's don't do much for this car. Oh well. I appreciate my car for what it is.

Okay, the point I'm trying to make is enjoy your car. Don't let your insecurities run wild over some guy on TV.