Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

6 Days!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 12:56 PM
DrCold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 6 Days!!!

Last sunday i stopped by the Nissan dealer to see if it would be at all possible for me to get a Z. I needed to trade in my truck, and try to keep my payments pretty low. After they looked over my truck, they desided they could work with me (my truck was far from stock, supercharged, engine work, everything). They asked me what model and color im looking for. I explain to them that i understand how long it'll take to get the car in and all that, so ordering is not a problem. "I want a Silverstone Performance with all the options but Nav." When i said that the general manager just happed to be walking by, and says "excuse me? could you wait just a second." And runs back into his office. He comes out just a few seconds later with this print out that show's what cars he's ordered, and when they will arrive. Well, it turns out he placed an order for 7 cars a while back (more like a long time ago), and 6 of those orders where sold already (customer ordered). But he had ordered the 7th car just because he wanted to see the color. Silverstone. Well, it just happens to be a Performance with all the options but Nav. What are the chances right? He kind of stands there for a second, completely dumbfounded, and says "kid, i think this is destiny." Needless to say, we worked some numbers out, and on Monday night i handed them the down payment. They where able to sell my truck in one buisness day to a wholesaler, and had me in a loaner car that night (a 98 Durango).

The car is going to be rolling off the truck on Feb 19th. Just 6 days! I dont know if i can wait that long. Sure, i was willing to wait 90+ days, but when something is this close, i dont know how much more i can take! I dont think i've ever been this excited before. This is about 10000000 times worse than christmas!

Anyways, i'll finally be joining the ranks of satisfied "Z" owners. Now i just need to see if there is anyone in my area with a Z. I do live in north Idaho, so Z's are quite rare up here. Well, im just so excited, and i had to tell someone! Thanks for reading this far, and i blame it all on this website and its members for making me get a Z.

-DrCold
*sorry for all the spelling errors, im a little to excited right now.

Last edited by DrCold; 02-13-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:11 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Now you know how those of us that waited so long felt when we knew it coming. Nine months for me.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:15 PM
DrCold

i really feel lucky that i got the car i wanted in so little time. Dont know if i could have lasted 9 months. I'd probably go insane!

-DrCold
Old 02-13-2003, 01:19 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Well congrats! Now you got to wait for the snow to disappear to go play.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:30 PM
DrCold

actually, we didnt get any snow this year. It really sucks, because im an avid snowboarder. I have a season pass and i didnt even go once. I think we had snow on the ground for about 2 days, then it was all gone. Its still pretty dirty out their tho, im going to have to hire a crew to run in front of my car with brooms.

-DrCold
Old 02-13-2003, 01:36 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

That's very unusual not to get snow...no?
Old 02-13-2003, 01:51 PM
99AllTurbo

Dr Cold, it's weird how things work out.

I wanted a CS Enthusiast. My wife was begging me to get a LeMans Sunset. Well neither worked out and we almost gave up on buying a Z period.

Well 2 days in a row we saw a Silverstone (looked like a Touring or Perf model) in the community I live in. The Z looked real nice but wasn't the color we wanted. Well the 2nd time we saw that Silverstone Z was the day we were on our way to the dealer (again) and guess what Z was on the lot? A Silverstone Performance. Well to make a long story short, I'm really happy with my Perf SS Z.

Took it straight to work and people's mouth's just dropped.

It was just meant for me to get a Siverstone.

Here are some pics (not the clearest day though).

Enjoy your Z.

Last edited by 99AllTurbo; 02-13-2003 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:11 PM
DrCold

Originally posted by zwindsor

That's very unusual not to get snow...no?
Yeah, it really sucks
Usually we have snow on the ground from late Nov. to March or April. Oh well, just means i can drive the Z as soon as i get her.

99AllTurbo,
SS has to be one of the best colors on the Z. Even tho i am drawn the the DB. I had a bright silver truck, and i wanted something a bit darker. I was really looking for a black, but black just shows the dirt and scratches too much. Btw, those are some of the best SS pictures i've seen. Usually its to bright out, and it makes the car look to light.

Arg, i cant wait to get this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-DrCold
Old 02-14-2003, 08:14 AM
99AllTurbo

Well, I didn't want a dark colored car. My Eclipse was silver and looked very clean: My old car

I actually like that it looks lighter on bright days. Many friends have complimented the color too. Anyways, I'm very happy with the car and can wait to go WOT.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:38 AM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember waiting for my Z too, and the last few days were the most difficult. My dealer played a trick on me though, to make it easier. He called Monday and said, "it looks like your car will be in two weeks from now, I'll just need to confirm. Although it says it's already on the truck so it might be in as early as next week."

Then he called back on Tuesday and said, "Your car will be here tomorrow"

I only had to have one day of supreme waiting. I must have called him four times on wednesday and he kept saying, "Just come by at 4:00, and will will have it all ready for you"

I couldn't wait that long, so I left work at lunch and drove the two hours to the dealer, and when I got there my car was right out in front. The dealer saw me drive up and threw me the keys. My girlfriend and I took it for a drive and then went back and finished up the paperwork. Man, that was one of the best days!

10,000 miles and I still love the car, too.

Congratulations!

-D'oh!