Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hitting Rev Limiter....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Miko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it good to keep it in 2nd gear after redlining 2nd, to slow yourself down, or is it better to get it out of gear and use the breaks? I usually just depress the clutch and let it coast to the speed limit; keeping in gear slows me down, but its too rough/loud.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Black_Sunshine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kabs
My question is, when I did this disturbing act did I damage anything?
Haha, disturbing act? Dude, rape is a disturbing act. Hitting the rev limiter is a brain fart. I'm sure the engine will be fine, that's what it's there for.

Sorry, just found that amusing.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:42 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Miko
Is it good to keep it in 2nd gear after redlining 2nd, to slow yourself down, or is it better to get it out of gear and use the breaks? I usually just depress the clutch and let it coast to the speed limit; keeping in gear slows me down, but its too rough/loud.
I'm not confortable with coasting with the clutch depressed. You don't have control and if something happens and you need the power, the chances are good you won't rev match correctly and lock up/spin the rear wheels and fishtail around.

You can leave the clutch alone and let the engine slow you down, you can also just hit the brakes or, what I do, up shift to 3rd or 4th.

It's up to personnal preference.